Time to get a new iPad?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah. - I had the same thing happen last summer. I fell and broke My wrist. Back in 2011 I broke my upper left arm and was in a cast for weeks. Since I play bass at church, I had to find a way to continue, so on my iPad 2 i installed Garage band and played the bass on that with my right hand fingers. So I figured I could do the same again. Try to reinstall Garabe Band from the cloud. No can do. “Incompatible.” (Same error you got)

So I ended up buying a newer iPad. I am afraid you will have to do the same.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
still using my old iPad
it is only 5.1 so when a game of mine updated, lost it as it couldn't be opened anymore

husband bought me a newer one a year ago but I don't like the changes which are different from the 5.1
so using older one until it quits

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have the iPad2 and I just tried to download a chess app but I received the rather unpleasant message that the app is not compatible with my iPad. So, does this mean that I should think about getting a new iPad?

Well, I had the generation 1 "iPad" and I had the same problems. It was great in the beginning. The Elements app and the musical instruments apps to show others (at that time) were amazing. The Elements app is really cool. Back in the day: I wanted to impress my fiancé (now my wife) with this app. You could see real looking life like samples of the different elements in 3D and move them around with the touch of a finger. Really cool. See this apple link here to check it out (if you are interested). But in short enough time, there were many apps I could not download. I ended up getting a Galaxy 12.2 tablet with an S pen built in. It was a glitchy tablet in the beginning and I had received an entire blue screen sometimes and I had to keep rebooting it. The Android software (for my Galaxy Tablet) eventually came out with an update that fixed the problem after about 6 months or so. Now, my battery life on my Galaxy tablet does not last too long (like it used to) and it sometimes just reboots itself on occasion without me desiring it to do so. I still use it as a beat it up junk tablet on my break time at work.

However, for my home and personal artwork:
I ended up getting the newest and largest iPad on the market
(Which is the "12.9 inch iPad Pro"). I bought it a few months ago and my wife and I really love it.

Here are some notable features:

However, for me personally, here were two art programs (Clip Studio Paint and Atropad) that I wanted to use in conjunction with this new iPad that would not work on my Galaxy Tablet. I bought my new iPad from Apple online and then picked it up at the Apple store and I did the financing through their preferred credit card company. Needless to say doing it on the website was not fast like other companies in processing your approval status on financing. I wanted it that day. So I had to call the credit card company to speed up the process. Once I got a login to make payments on the iPad, I set it up as automatic payments for the exact amount so as to pay it off before the interest on the credit card would kick in. But I make monthly reoccurring payments on it (that is automatic, so i do not even have to think about it).

I would recommend the black top surface (outer edge that surrounds the screen) with the silver backing.

full

I would also recommend the Zugu Case for it, too.

Best case out there. The case will not collapse while you are using it (and it is easily adjustable). You can even place it on your refrigerator (because it has built in super strong magnets) and view online video recipes on YouTube, and make face to face calls while cooking, or working in the kitchen, etc.

Christian apps I would recommend for the iPad:

Word of Promise app (also works with Alexa/Echo).
Olive Tree Bible app.
You Version Bible app.
Pureflix (Note: They have lots of Christian movies; Some are good and some are bad/ low budget; They also have movies on there that are not Christian, so be aware of that. However, Christian and family movies appears to be their primary focus). You can check out my top Christian movie recommendations in this thread below here at Christian Forums.

CF Thread - What Christian Movies Do You Find To Be Most Rewatchable?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Planned obsolescence.
So Developers shouldn't use new features that the newer Operating System's provide ?
My old iPad air still works just fine, yes I can't use the newest features, but that's reality, Just like I wouldn't expect my old PC to play the newest most demanding graphics games.

Upvote 0