USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
hello

thank you for your reply

the situation i am referring to in this thread in this situation i am having with the owner of a Christian non profit i am currently working for.

basically what happened was a year ago, mine supervisor there decided to give me way too much workload that she had to know is unreasonable for someone who is working on a part time basis.

I tried to talk to her nicely, she simply ignored me and carry on as usual. i finally had enough so i made a direct complaint to the owner.

the owner was polite the first time i talked to him, but he also brushed off mine concern. When i tried to reiterate to him why what this woman was doing was unacceptable, he himself ignored me and refuse to address her behavior.

i have to admit i was really disappointed because i know this owner is a born again believer, i naively thought that even if he is not a fair person, he should at least have some reverence for the Lord, but i was wrong.

the situation continued, at some point i got angry, and i fired off email to him informing him if the situation does not improve i planned to get contact and employment lawyers and sort this out. ( i admit the email itself was not particularly friendly, but by then i have already tried that and he basically enabled his own staff to continue to be bully. Nevertheless the tone of the email was completely professional)

again he ignored me and from that points onward, he appears to hold a grudge against me and would try to make mine life difficult at every term.....

It's a part time job... Move on.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I was good with sticking it out till I read you wrote a letter and threatened to sue. It will never be right, you might just as well find something else. We used to have part time help come in and try and change things too, they usually didn't last. Writing letters etc, I mean seriously ?

As to too much work, I remember praying "this is too much" and end up with more work not less ! Guess what ? I got it done. When does the Lord answer prayer ? In His time not ours and also in His way which may or may not be what you think it will be. This is part of the lessons within submission to Him.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as Christians we are told over and over again to leave things for Christ to deal with

but what happens when you are dealing with a person in authority who consistently use their position of power to settle personal scores just because they know they can get away with it and is or are getting away with it?

especially if they are Christians who knows the Truth and suppose to act with a degree of shame?

forgiveness is essential obviously, because carrying unforgiveness only destroy us.

However , does forgiveness on our part means we stay passive and allow those Christians in authority to keep hurting others? assuming confronting them is not going to work because that approach has already been tried and failed partly because this Christian is not accountable to anyone as he or she is in the ultimate authority within this organization or the owner of the organization?
What? They gather teachers to themselves who Will tickle thier ears and who will not teach sound doctrine to them....then Cry when these wolves they chose to follow Bite them !?

You reap what you sow .
Leave them.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yes, but if the bullies are born again believers, then they already have eternal salvation in the bag as we are saved by faith not by work.

anyway, i have Church bullies who destroy others over and over again, i always feel like what are we going to do about it as bystanders.
Well I don't believe you are saved if your 'work' after a time does not follow ,if your heart is not trying at least to be a follower of Christ . Mouthing 'I believe ', is meaningless as even the demons believe ,and some people never truly become Christians as they think it is all over without any effort on their part .
As a non believer in American quick fix evangelism , I find the whole thing frankly sad .

Yes it is a long road ,and we keep falling down ,but someone who is unjust long term, and does not listen at all to just complaints maybe not listening
to God Himself ,as He is a just God and justice in the work place is very important for the 'kingdom' .

Upvote 0

Yoona86

Jan 18, 2013
KaliKingChong
✟30,979.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was good with sticking it out till I read you wrote a letter and threatened to sue. It will never be right, you might just as well find something else. We used to have part time help come in and try and change things too, they usually didn't last. Writing letters etc, I mean seriously ?

As to too much work, I remember praying "this is too much" and end up with more work not less ! Guess what ? I got it done. When does the Lord answer prayer ? In His time not ours and also in His way which may or may not be what you think it will be. This is part of the lessons within submission to Him.

is this about you or mine question

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
that is very true, when dealing with injustices, one have to be careful not becoming the very monsters you are trying to deal with.
I find it somewhat worrying that you describe tyrants as monsters. Look at Daniel. Here's someone who's been carted off hostage to a foreign land, had numerous of his own people put to death and not only does he call the person responsible for it, "My lord". But he also wishes that God's plan to teach that king a lesson would rather happen to that king's enemies Daniel 4:19. Why is that?

In my experience it's far too easy to talk negatively about people who we don't actually know, who we don't have a personal one to one relationship with. That doesn't mean you have to like everyone but you should try to have a balanced and fair opinion about them and their actions. It's like working for someone who yells at shouts at his workers. If he is truthful about the situation and it's a fair point, his employee's will respect him, they may even like him.

Upvote 0

Yoona86

Jan 18, 2013
KaliKingChong
✟30,979.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I find it somewhat worrying that you describe tyrants as monsters. Look at Daniel. Here's someone who's been carted off hostage to a foreign land, had numerous of his own people put to death and not only does he call the person responsible for it, "My lord". But he also wishes that God's plan to teach that king a lesson would rather happen to that king's enemies Daniel 4:19. Why is that?

In my experience it's far too easy to talk negatively about people who we don't actually know, who we don't have a personal one to one relationship with. That doesn't mean you have to like everyone but you should try to have a balanced and fair opinion about them and their actions. It's like working for someone who yells at shouts at his workers. If he is truthful about the situation and it's a fair point, his employee's will respect him, they may even like him.

i also think as Christians we should call spade a spade.

sinful behaviors are sinful behaviors, unacceptable behaviors are unacceptable behaviors.

i think while we should definitely put a person's behavior into context and realize there maybe good side to this person as well, it does not make their behaviors more acceptable or justified.

Upvote 0

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
as Christians we are told over and over again to leave things for Christ to deal with

but what happens when you are dealing with a person in authority who consistently use their position of power to settle personal scores just because they know they can get away with it and is or are getting away with it?

especially if they are Christians who knows the Truth and suppose to act with a degree of shame?

forgiveness is essential obviously, because carrying unforgiveness only destroy us.

However , does forgiveness on our part means we stay passive and allow those Christians in authority to keep hurting others? assuming confronting them is not going to work because that approach has already been tried and failed partly because this Christian is not accountable to anyone as he or she is in the ultimate authority within this organization or the owner of the organization?
There is a difference between seeking unprincipled revenge, and seeking principled justice.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

1 John chapter 4 verse 7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

The word Christian is used very loosely, I think it probably always has been.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What is the context? Is this abusive person in authority in the church or at your work?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't know where you are in your walk with God or the other guy in question, but what I do know is to ask God first about this situation. Could God use you to expose the darkness? Absolutely, but it comes down to talking to God first rather than acting on your own. Listen to His lead. You cannot ever go wrong there. :yellowheart:

As the Holy Spirit about this: Restoring a Brother.
Matthew 18:15-20

• Friendly
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hello

thank you for your reply

the situation i am referring to in this thread in this situation i am having with the owner of a Christian non profit i am currently working for.

basically what happened was a year ago, mine supervisor there decided to give me way too much workload that she had to know is unreasonable for someone who is working on a part time basis.

I tried to talk to her nicely, she simply ignored me and carry on as usual. i finally had enough so i made a direct complaint to the owner.

the owner was polite the first time i talked to him, but he also brushed off mine concern. When i tried to reiterate to him why what this woman was doing was unacceptable, he himself ignored me and refuse to address her behavior.

i have to admit i was really disappointed because i know this owner is a born again believer, i naively thought that even if he is not a fair person, he should at least have some reverence for the Lord, but i was wrong.

the situation continued, at some point i got angry, and i fired off email to him informing him if the situation does not improve i planned to get contact and employment lawyers and sort this out. ( i admit the email itself was not particularly friendly, but by then i have already tried that and he basically enabled his own staff to continue to be bully. Nevertheless the tone of the email was completely professional)

again he ignored me and from that points onward, he appears to hold a grudge against me and would try to make mine life difficult at every term.....
Step 1: Find a new job.
Step 2: Quit this one.
Step 3: Evaluate. If the pattern repeats, you may be the biggest part of the problem.

Upvote 0

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
hello

thank you for your reply

So what was the advise from your employment lawyer?

Upvote 0

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes, but if the bullies are born again believers, then they already have eternal salvation in the bag as we are saved by faith not by work.

anyway, i have Church bullies who destroy others over and over again, i always feel like what are we going to do about it as bystanders.
If they are bullies demonstrating on-going sinful behavior toward others, then they can't be born again believers. Jesus said we will know them by their fruit.

This is What Enables Evil to Hide in Our Churches

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 20, 2017
harbourgrace
✟8,362.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jesus lived His life as an example for us to follow. One thing He did was to drive the money changers out of the temple. He had a zeal for the Holiness and Sanctification of His Fathers House.

Matthew 21

12 Then Jesus went into the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those selling doves. 13 And He declared to them, “It is written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer.’ But you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’” 14 The blind and the lame came to Him at the temple, and He healed them.…
Jesus lived His life as an example for us to follow. One thing He did was to drive the money changers out of the temple. He had a zeal for the Holiness and Sanctification of His Fathers House.

Matthew 21

12 Then Jesus went into the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those selling doves. 13 And He declared to them, “It is written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer.’ But you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’” 14 The blind and the lame came to Him at the temple, and He healed them.…
Hath God said? Is likely the foundation of all doctrines of demons it is the (spirit-demon) who cannot confess Jesus is lord. Possessed people can and do many things in His name that is why we need the Holy Ghost to lead us into all truth.
Matthew 24:4-5

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? 71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.
John 12:6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The Million (Dollar) houses jets Worldly lifestyles are to be expected Judas Iscariot loved the wages of sin.

Romans 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

1 John 4:1-6
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Isaiah 30:10 which say to the seers, See not;
and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things,
speak unto us smooth things,
prophesy deceits:

2 Timothy 4:1-5

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;2 preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4 and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Proverbs 10:19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin:
but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

It is time to wake up fill your lamps with oil (not from the market place).

Hope His word blessed you and my thoughts encourage all who read especially the possessed call on his name and He will set you free.
I pray the answers you seek knock and the door will be opened unto you.

Upvote 0