Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neal Katyal isn't just some TV attorney.
He specializes in constitutional law, national security, criminal defense and intellectual property, as well as running the appellate practice once run by John Roberts.
He frequently pleads cases before the SC.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is scary !

Trump is causing division in the country like we've never seen before.

He has his base convinced that there was election fraud, but the reality is, he's delaying the certification in order to get those state legislators to select GOP electors over Democrat Electors who would cast the state's electoral college votes for Biden, as the people voted for.

Trump has the nation in a dangerous position.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because I believe that conditions are going to deteriorate rapidly in this country within the next few years.

I believe that very soon now, police will become defunded and handicapped so as to be ineffective in their purpose of protecting the public.

I believe that the American infrastructure is going to be severely strained and will probably collapse, leading to shortages of fuel, food, heat, electricity, medications, and so on.

I believe that the highly-placed criminals in D.C. and the lower-placed criminals burning down city centers elsewhere will expand and threaten the safety and well-being of ordinary citizens who simply want to be left alone.

I believe that once it truly hits the fan and stocks of literally everything run out in the cities, the urban gangs will spread into the countryside, looking to take what they need from others by force.

I believe that the incoming junta will do its best to try to being people under its control, and all means of independence will be squashed, which means they will attempt to disarm the populace, a move that I believe will be met with fierce resistance.

In short, I believe that this country has finally reached its tipping point, and all it's going to take is a tiny nudge to send it over the edge. Biden/Harris is that nudge.

So, more ammunition. "Be Prepared": Boy Scout motto.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Because I believe that conditions are going to deteriorate rapidly in this country within the next few years.

I believe that very soon now, police will become defunded and handicapped so as to be ineffective in their purpose of protecting the public.

I believe that the American infrastructure is going to be severely strained and will probably collapse, leading to shortages of fuel, food, heat, electricity, medications, and so on.

I believe that the highly-placed criminals in D.C. and the lower-placed criminals burning down city centers elsewhere will expand and threaten the safety and well-being of ordinary citizens who simply want to be left alone.

I believe that once it truly hits the fan and stocks of literally everything run out in the cities, the urban gangs will spread into the countryside, looking to take what they need from others by force.

I believe that the incoming junta will do its best to try to being people under its control, and all means of independence will be squashed, which means they will attempt to disarm the populace, a move that I believe will be met with fierce resistance.

In short, I believe that this country has finally reached its tipping point, and all it's going to take is a tiny nudge to send it over the edge. Biden/Harris is that nudge.

So, more ammunition. "Be Prepared": Boy Scout motto.

WOW, you make Syria sound like paradise

I really don't share your pessimism.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't really care any more.

I just keep buying ammunition. Lots and lots and lots of ammunition.
Very sad. Hopefully I don’t live anywhere near you.

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟275,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WOW, you make Syria sound like paradise

I really don't share your pessimism.

Trust me, nobody hopes I'm wrong more than I do.

Very sad. Hopefully I don’t live anywhere near you.

LOL. Extreme rural northern Michigan. :) It's probably a good thing you don't----my neighbor down the road a bit likes to go out in his back yard on the weekends and target practice with his 30.06. Being a polite and considerate man, and knowing that I suffer from PTSD, he always calls me first and lets me know he's going to be shooting, and to prepare for the sound of gunfire.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Not on a federal level, at least. Biden opposes defunding police. But there's a bigger issue...

Republicans In Texas Are Ready To Launch Insurrection If Trump Tells Them To
November 22, 2020
According to interviews with Politico, there are plenty of Texas Republicans who are willing to take up arms and launch an insurrection against the United States if Donald Trump gives them the order to do so.
Republicans In Texas Are Ready To Launch Insurrection If Trump Tells Them To - The Ring of Fire Network

Granted, most of them would drop their guns and run home to Mommy if they had to face real soldiers. But even wimps can kill people if they have guns. It's a concern.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not on a federal level, at least. Biden opposes defunding police. But there's a bigger issue...

Republicans In Texas Are Ready To Launch Insurrection If Trump Tells Them To
November 22, 2020
According to interviews with Politico, there are plenty of Texas Republicans who are willing to take up arms and launch an insurrection against the United States if Donald Trump gives them the order to do so.
Republicans In Texas Are Ready To Launch Insurrection If Trump Tells Them To - The Ring of Fire Network

Granted, most of them would drop their guns and run home to Mommy if they had to face real soldiers. But even wimps can kill people if they have guns. It's a concern.

If Trump tells them to, he'll be arrested.

Wealthy self-centered people like Trump won't risk their comfort to satisfy a bunch of crackpots.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If Trump tells them to, he'll be arrested.

Technically, it's treasonable, but he likely wouldn't be arrested unless people took him seriously and tried to overthrow the government.

Wealthy self-centered people like Trump won't risk their comfort to satisfy a bunch of crackpots.

I suspect you're right. I sure hope so. Last thing we need is right-wing terrorists shooting up police stations. (Barbarian considers) actually, that's already happened.

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟275,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're going on a Turkey hunt and are a bad shot? :)

Not quite. :) I have a couple of turkeys in the freezer already, and the Air Force awarded me with one of these:

USAF Expert Marksman.jpg

Upvote 0