Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 9:27 The prince, [small 'p', referring to the prince, leader; in the previous verse, who invades Jerusalem] will make a firm league [treaty] with many for one of the seventy, ['weeks'; seven year periods] and with one half spent, he will put a stop to the sacrifices.....and cause the abomination of desolation- in the Temple...….
Revised English Bible, 1987 Oxford press.

This verse proves that it is only after half of the last seven years is over; 3 1/2 peaceful years, that the Anti-Christ comes to Jerusalem and stops the sacrifices. FACT.
It is no wonder that you are confused and in error, when you rely on a Bible written 400 years ago. Any modern translation is better that that.
Are you aware that the KJV is dedicated not to God, but to King James?
Satan just loves it when people are fooled by the KJV only cult.

If meaning in the future, what sacrifices in Jerusalem does the AC stop? There is no one doing any sacrificing of animals in Jerusalem that I have heard about. But even if there was, the AC wouldn't want to put a stop to them, he would want them to continue in order to keep the Jews there still deceived. After all, if they are sacrificing animals, that continues to lead them away from the truth, that Christ fulfilled this sacrifice. Why would the AC want to lead them to the truth by ending animal sacrificing for them, where they then might realize Jesus is whom they should be looking to? I thought the AC was supposed to be a bad guy?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If meaning in the future, what sacrifices in Jerusalem does the AC stop? There is no one doing any sacrificing of animals in Jerusalem that I have heard about. But even if there was, the AC wouldn't want to put a stop to them, he would want them to continue in order to keep the Jews there still deceived. After all, if they are sacrificing animals, that continues to lead them away from the truth, that Christ fulfilled this sacrifice. Why would the AC want to lead them to the truth by ending animal sacrificing for them, where they then might realize Jesus is whom they should be looking to? I thought the AC was supposed to be a bad guy?
David, the Antichrist will not be stopping the daily sacrifice for the sake of showing them that Jesus is the messiah.

His declaration will be that the sacrifices are no longer appropriate because he is God living right there amongst them. By going into the temple, sitting, claiming to be God, he transgresses the Mt. Sinai covenant.

That action will swing the Jews to believe in Jesus because ever since the Antichrist becomes the illegitimate King of Israel - the two witnesses will have been testifying about Jesus being the rightful King and the true messiah. And prophesying that their perceived messiah is going to betray them and the covenant.

So when it happens, the Jews are going be stunned that it came true, and will turn to Jesus.

Another intriguing question is why does the person go down that path given everything talked about the Antichrist?

The reason is Judaism itself. The Jews say that all the Christian talk about an Antichrist is fantasy and is not relevant to Judaism. Which is what they have said to me on several occasions, when I try to speak eschatology with them. So they have actually conditioned the person to disregard what Christianity teaches.

Upvote 0