Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If I were running TIME I would not be contacting the potential person of the year and asking for photo shoots and so forth. I would simply let it be a surprise to all. And if that is the way its really done, TIME'S comment would be appropriate.

Time mag receives many many suggestions of WHO individuals /groups think should be considered for Person of the Year.

The mag editors condense the "suggestions" to a handful to be "considered".
Time, as THEY SAID, do not publicly announce those being "considered".
(NOR did Trump claim they do, as Time falsely claimed).

Time DOES, contact those individually and privately, who are seriously being considered.
The purpose for TIME to contact, the individual, IS to seek their AGREEMENT, that "IF" they "ARE" selected, they WILL BE IN AGREEMENT to an interview and photo shoot;

The WHOLE purpose of having a special issue of Time "Person of the Year", is to HAVE their photo on the cover, AND an interviewing article WITH such person; WHICH requires the persons PERMISSION, ahead of the time, the mag is to be printed and ready for the sale to the public.

It is a long standing practice of Time mag., that among the few being considered, the US President is among the few being considered.

So, yes, it is of no surprise that Trump would have been personally contacted, to see if he would be in agreement to be photographed and interviewed.

Trump, simply announced he was contacted and declined to be photographed or interviewed BY Time mag. Which simply means, he is no longer on the "considered" list.

It is the EDITORS of Time mag, that review their handful on the "considered" list, THAT HAVE privately agreed with TIME MAG, to be photographed and interviewed;
THAT the EDITORS of Time mag, THEN consult together and CHOOSE the Person.
Once the person is chosen, the private photographs are taken, the private interview is conducted, the mag goes into production, ie print- and the MAG. reveals to the PUBLIC , their choice, by putting the Mag. on the newsstands.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You thought a pathologist was a person that diagnosed an individual as a pathological liar. I found your post so silly and misinformed I thought you were joking:
"So you have no credentials in pathology, but make an "arm chair" diagnosis....eh?"

A pathologist, in short, has gone to medical school and diagnoses disease by studying tissue and cells. People who work with tissues and cells to diagnose disease work in pathology. Pathology is not the study of pathological liars. One does not get "credentials in pathology" to determine if a person is a pathological liar.

One trait of educated, intelligent people is their acceptance of mistakes. Everyone makes them and they let it go. It is rather sad and telling when a person continues to make excuses and roll around in their own mistakes instead of just moving on.

Pathology, imagine a doctor studying slides under a microscope, when it involves the study or diagnosis or psychological disorders as they relate to what is biologically observable is called psychopathology. If you want to roll around in your own mistake further, go or it. Please continue trying to argue one needs "credentials in pathology" to diagnosis a pathological liar.

If you think yourself qualified to diagnose others as a pathological liar - that's on you.

I see nothing presented that qualifies you, and nothing creditable that you purport applicable to Trump. Try to get back to the OP.... reveal your agreement with Time, and the basis thereof, which would BE, Trump's own statement.

Time disputed the president's claim, tweeting that he "is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year."

In order for the President to be "incorrect" about HOW Time chooses Person of the Year.........Trump would have HAD TO SAID "HOW Time chooses Person of the Year".

WHERE IS TRUMP"S conveniently missing COMMENT saying HOW Time chooses Person of the Year?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not uncommon to catch a politician lying. They used to call President Richard Nixon, "Tricky Dick." I remember there was a bumper sticker, "Obama Lied." To tell the truth, I have not been able to be 100% accurate myself due to memory problems and receipt of false testimony from others. As hard as one tries to be honest, errors are made. I read that many people fake their resumes. It does not make sense for him to fabricate his nomination for "person of the year." Many things in politics do not make sense. George Bush senior promised, "No new taxes." He then raised taxes. People were upset that a president would lie. Bush did not win reelection.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is what TIME mag says so important?

It is an opportunity for Tulc to post another in an unending series of anti-Trump screeds along with a bunch of puerile emojies.

• Haha
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Time and Trump accusing the other of lying. Why not both?

The media lies WAY more than Trump does. I understand why you don't like Trump, but I don't get the unwavering trust in the media.

I call Trump Anxiety-Related Derangement Syndrome.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is an opportunity for Tulc to post another in an unending series of anti-Trump screeds along with a bunch of puerile emojies.
2 points:
1) tulc is always spelled with a lowercase "t" never an uppercase one. :)
and 2) I'm pretty sure neither of those were in the OP, so if you'd like to discuss my posting habits you should start another thread where that could be discussed. :wave:
tulc(just a couple of thoughts) ;)

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tulc is always spelled with a lowercase "t" never an uppercase one.

I am so sorry I hurt your feelings and bruised your self-esteem. How could I have been so crass as to use an upper-case t when referring to you? The world is such a horrible, horrible place for me to have added to your misery by capitalizing a letter. Again, so sorry...

I'm pretty sure neither of those were in the OP...

The question was asked concerning the purpose of the OP. I provided a truthful answer.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry I hurt your feelings and bruised your self-esteem. How could I have been so crass as to use an upper-case t when referring to you?
It's ok, I've learned to bear up under the strain of poor spelling, we'll mention it no more...till you it get it wrong again. :)

The world is such a horrible, horrible place for me to have added to your misery by capitalizing a letter. Again, so sorry...
No no, it's not that big of a deal...it's not like you lyed about turning down being Time Magazines Person of the Year. Now that? that would be something to apologize about. :wave:

The question was asked concerning the purpose of the OP. I provided a truthful answer.
...how could it be truthful if you weren't the one who posted the OP? :scratch:
tulc(is however glad Sistrin now acknowledges knowing how to spell tulc correctly) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Time disputed the president's claim, tweeting that he "is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year."

In order for the President to be "incorrect" about HOW Time chooses Person of the Year.........Trump would have HAD TO SAID "HOW Time chooses Person of the Year".

WHERE IS TRUMP"S conveniently missing COMMENT saying HOW Time chooses Person of the Year?

LOL ~ come on Trump accusers....where is Trump's comment, that TIME said was "incorrect"....and you agree with.....lol

God Bless,
SBC
There is an implicit claim, or understanding, of this process in Trump's tweet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would that be?
And to have some validity, how do they actually make a choice?

God Bless,
SBC
evidently one of the things they don't do is call people up and try and set up tentative dates to do photo-shoots for the cover. :)
tulc(which is what President Trump claimed happened) :wave:

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I remember the past presidents encourages business to grow so the economy would grow. Trump does the opposite. he discourages business to grow. he say things about businesses and they lay the people off as the result of trump's fake news. the laid off people draws money from the government and increases debt. trump is hurting himself. He didn't see it coming like he won't see it when he pushes the big red button on North korea. do you think he cares?

Upvote 0