Nov 15, 2013
✟22,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
My grandma from Mexico would say in Spanish. Time lost ; the saints cry over. She say that so I wouldn’t waste time. I would feel bad for causing the saints to cry for goof off or being slanker. Now, I believe it meant the saints cry over lost time because they were wasting it instead of preaching and helping others. They wasted too much time wasting it instead of bringing others to Christ. What do you think it meant or what my granny meant?

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My grandma from Mexico would say in Spanish. Time lost ; the saints cry over. She say that so I wouldn’t waste time. I would feel bad for causing the saints to cry for goof off or being slanker. Now, I believe it meant the saints cry over lost time because they were wasting it instead of preaching and helping others. They wasted too much time wasting it instead of bringing others to Christ. What do you think it meant or what my granny meant?

I believe that your grandma have found about this “Time lost. Saints cry over” from what is said by the psalmist in the Bible:

Your instructions are a wonder ; that is why Your servant follows Your instructions. -Psalms 119:129

The unfolding of Your words gives light; Your words imparts understanding to the simple. -Psalms 119:130

I open my mouth and pant, because I long for your commandments. -Psalms 119:131

Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is Your way with those who love Your name. -Psalms 119:132

Keep steady my steps according to Your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me. -Psalms 119:133

Redeem me from man's oppression, that I may keep your precepts. -Psalms 119:134

Make Your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your laws ( of the Spirit). -Psalms 119:135

My EYES shed streams of TEARS, because people do not keep Your law ( of Spirit). -Psalms 119:136

I hope sister that you can gain understanding what your grandma meant well for you.

It is UTMOST importance that you know why the saints cry ! It is because Christ Jesus in His steadfast love and great faithfulness has died for you to redeem your life from the pit.

To understand these saints who cry, you must understand the Lord that they live for :

Good and upright is the LORD; therefore He instructs sinners in the way. -Psalms 25:8

All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness,
FOR THOSE WHO KEEP HIS COVENANT AND HIS INSTRUCTIONS. -Psalms 25:10

If you are not THOSE WHO KEEP HIS COVENANT AND HIS INSTRUCTIONS, you are not just wasting your time but you are not those who are saved.

Repent !
use your time rightly!
By heedaing to what the Lord Jesus Christ has spoken.
When you keep His ways, that is, (to be merciful, compassionate, slow to anger, rich in grace and truth), the Lord will cause you to inherit the promised land in the Kingdom of God.

Remember your grandma means well for you !

Upvote 0