United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And Christian Forums.
No it’s safe because he has so many loyal followers. It’s a great place for me to hide, being the dissident I am.

As you may be aware..... hold on, someone is at the door.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No it’s safe because he has so many loyal followers. It’s a great place for me to hide, being the dissident I am.

As you may be aware..... hold on, someone is at the door.

They keep coming to my house too, but I give them a different username each time.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They keep coming to my house too, but I give them a different username each time.
They said a “patriotic poster” reported me. I figured it was you.

• Haha
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
They said a “patriotic poster” reported me. I figured it was you.

I guess that depends on the current definition of patriotic. But no, I reported cow145, not you.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It might be another case of him saying he could do something, only to later find out he can’t.

What do you mean? He is the elected President of the United States and the most powerful human being (and popular) to have ever lived. He can do anything. Laws are just guidelines for the common folk.

Upvote 0

Solum Aeternum

Jun 23, 2020
Bronx
✟16,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now while I get why he wants to do this, safety is a must, I see many people online talk bad about the app and how it's terrible and we would be better without it. Contrary to popular belief there is good content on Tik Tok. Yes all the dancing stuff is more popular but recently I discovered the Christian side of the app. Where many people young and adult use it to preach, sing and spread God’s word. Many of these people now lose a platform and many including me has been blessed by it. So don’t just jumble every user as some stupid teen dancing. Many have used it for good reasons. You may not believe me but it’s the truth I’ve seen it. Yes you can say "it's only a small minority better to wipe out all the bad stuff and have some casualties", well in Christianity, sometimes we feel like a minority. Fact that many young people and adults still use it despite not having big followings just shows they do it for those who want to listen. Also it's been 2 days, still not banned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I am sure that President wants to ban (someday) Tictock because it is a very grave threat to National Security and not because a bunch of K-pop teenagers punked the President’s Tulsa rally by using the platform.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here’s an analysis looking at the arguments both ways. Of course many here aren’t interested in both sides because of .... thinking and stuff.
Why America Is Afraid of TikTok

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I can kind of almost agree with this, except I don’t see why he won’t just let Microsoft buy the app - seems like that would be a great way to solve the problem without nixing a popular service.

That (Microsoft buy) has been reported as the President's wish, but the Chinese have said in reply that they aren't going to go quietly, so perhaps the buyout is impossible. Or that it can become possible only IF the banning occurs first.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That (Microsoft buy) has been reported as the President's wish, but the Chinese have said in reply that they aren't going to go quietly, so perhaps the buyout is impossible. Or that it can become possible only IF the banning occurs first.
Is that how a country should do business? Ban a service until their own conglomerate acquires it?

Talk about small government..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is that how a country should do business? Ban a service until their own conglomerate acquires it?

This is not how a country ordinarily does do business or wants to do business, nor is the Tik Tok matter something that the President alone has gotten concerned about.

In addition, Microsoft is obviously NOT the federal government's "own conglomerate."

In fact, I seem to recall that when this buyout idea came out a little while ago, the President did not talk about Microsoft in particular, but it appears that Microsoft saw itself able and willing to buy Tik Tok if that opportunity was about to present itself.

We should be able to agree that there aren't too many companies as well situated for doing that as Microsoft is.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
This is not how a country ordinarily does do business or wants to do business, nor is the Tik Tok matter something that the President alone has gotten concerned about.

In addition, Microsoft is obviously NOT the federal government's "own conglomerate."

In fact, I seem to recall that when this buyout idea came out a little while ago, the President did not talk about Microsoft in particular, but it appears that Microsoft saw itself able and willing to buy Tik Tok if that opportunity was about to present itself.

We should be able to agree that there aren't too many companies as well situated for doing that as Microsoft is.
Do you know of any other businesses that should be browbeaten into selling out to american companies?

Upvote 0