• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

TikTok will be banned tomorrow

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by lasthero, Jul 31, 2020.

1. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+5,724
    Seeker
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Richard T

Richard T Well-Known Member

+811
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Wondering if Microsoft is just opportunistic or perhaps has influence in the government to get part of TikTok assets?

3. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+7,056
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Excellent. Hope twitter is next.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,616
    United States
    Married
    Another Trump Accomplishment!

#greatestpresidentever

5. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+5,724
    Seeker
    Trump couldn’t be so dense as to open that Pandora’s Box.

6. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,910
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    What legal authority does the president have to do this?

7. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+5,724
    Seeker
    He’ll come up with something.

8. MIDutch

MIDutch Well-Known Member

+3,353
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    He said something about National Security.

I know that some of the young players I use to coach used it to post videos of themselves singing and dancing and doing silly things ... so, I'm guessing that's a yuge threat to the safety of the country.

9. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,490
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Given how much of the personal data is sent to China, it might be a bigger threat than you think.

10. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,650
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I second this question. Adding what Constitutional authority allows a President to do this even if a Congress votes that it is empowered to give such power to the Executive?

11. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,650
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Threats do not give Constitutional governments carte blanc to do what they please. The question remains where is this power included within the constitutional powers of the Executive Branch?

12. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,490
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    You are bring this up now? ;)

13. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,616
    United States
    Married
    We should all be thankful that President Trump has the best interests of the American people in his heart and is protecting us by telling the citizens of our free and independent country what we can and can-not have access to. God Bless the Law and Order President of the United states!

14. brudspirea

brudspirea New Member

+16
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    Based. It won't be missed.

15. mindlight

mindlight See in the dark Supporter

+2,106
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    My daughter is devastated and thinks that this may cost Trump the election. Must admit I Have never understood the attraction of the app. Though I keep getting sent examples. There are two main issues here though:

1) Is he correct that this is actually a piece of Chinese spyware? As far as I can see the app itself does not ask for much personal information for its accounts. So is he saying that there is some kind of hidden surveillance code in the app which is taking peoples location, contact info and activity logs and uploading them to servers in China. For this to be proven we would probably need either a Chinese defector, a TikTok employee complicit in such transfers or someone from deep within the American intelligence network to show us how. Since I am not sure this information is ever going to be made available we just do not know.

2) If we do not know and no evidence is going to be provided to justify this ban then is it constitutional to remove the only piece of non American social media software to give Facebook, Twitter, Google and Instagram a run for their money from the American market. It does sound almost Chinese in style doesn't it. Remove the competition to allow the local companies to thrive.

16. Mayzoo

Mayzoo Well-Known Member

+1,094
    Christian
    Private
    Those who support this will say this is great until he arbitrarily bans something they like. Such as, he bans Christian Forums in name of national security.

This could lead to the US having internet similar to that of North Korea. Exactly and only what is allowed and nothing else.

I have never been on Tik Tok, but this is the first I have heard it is a national security issue.

17. Mayzoo

Mayzoo Well-Known Member

+1,094
    Christian
    Private
    He won't ban twitter until twitter bans him. Then it is fair game.

18. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,054
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Trump is playing his crazy games with China. And China will strike back. If he was able to ban TikTok.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  19. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+5,724
    Seeker
    Trump could not possibly be that dense. TikTok is one thing, but Twitter has actual become an important part of American businesses. If he kills Twitter, he might as well just concede the race.

20. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,319
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    And facebook