Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'Members of the multiplicity community insist that they're healthy, happy, and even normal—they just have up to hundreds of personalities contained within one body.'

In the Bible’s book of Acts, local authorities beat and throw into prison the Apostle Paul and his assistant Silas for delivering a slave girl from a demon. The slave girl made money for her masters by telling fortunes, presumably using demonic supernatural knowledge. Once she was delivered of her oppression, she no longer made her masters money. So they roused up a mob to get the local magistrates to retaliate against Paul and Silas for their act of deliverance.

It’s impossible not to think of that ancient account when reading a fresh one from Input Magazine this month about a supposed explosion in disassociative identity disorder on TikTok. To reduce exploiting people’s suffering for clicks, I won’t link to the story.

Continued below.
TikTok's Hottest Trend Is As Old As Demonic Possession

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's very popular with middle class children to pretend to have self-diagnosed mental illnesses, because this puts them in the "disabled" category and then they are no longer seen as the "oppressor" under the woke framework.

Like "trans", it's something that any garden-variety middle class white kid can claim to be and if anyone argues that they in fact, aren't; then that person is "erasing their identity" and is probably "racist" as well.

Meanwhile, it makes people who actually have doctor-diagnosed mental illnesses look stupid.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My DIL did a spell she saw on Tiktok that would summon "fairies". She admitted later that maybe they were demons and she had been tricked. I told her that I would bring Holy Water and a bible over to try to help her, but she's gonna have to quit doing stuff like that.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My DIL did a spell she saw on Tiktok that would summon "fairies".

The question on my mind: Why is your DIL using TikTok?

I ask my buddy the same thing about his wife. She's always trying to get him to put it on his phone, he refuses for any number of valid reasons, she gets mad because "there's stuff on there that I want you to see". Then they get into a fight because she uses social media and he absolutely hates it and refuses to use it.

His kids are not allowed to be on social media at all. Not even the 16 year olds who have to go to public high school.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

With my kids who live in NY with their mom (ex-girlfriend who didn't want to get married and I wasn't serious about God then), I had no choice. They lived with her and it was her choice. She wouldn't listen to me anyway. Ended up not speaking to my son when he was about 13 years old because he was cursing up a storm on Facebook and not doing well in school. He blocked me on Facebook and wouldn't speak to me for about two years. Mind you, he never graduated high school, but did get his GED and is working on his paramedic now. He's a volunteer firefighter and EMT. Works as a dietary aide in a nursing home.

My two little ones here I still have influence over them as they are only 8 and 6 and I am much closer to them than I was with the ones in Upstate, NY. My only issue is that their mom who I am divorced from has the final say on certain things and I only get them on the weekends.

Sometimes, circumstances are out of your control. Such as in my case. Not sure about the person you are responding to.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

I ask my buddy the same thing about his wife. She's always trying to get him to put it on his phone, he refuses for any number of valid reasons, she gets mad because "there's stuff on there that I want you to see". Then they get into a fight because she uses social media and he absolutely hates it and refuses to use it.

His kids are not allowed to be on social media at all. Not even the 16 year olds who have to go to public high school.

My daughter-in-law has always been curious about the occult. One of their apartments got so infested with demons, they called in a panic, asking me to come over and do some prayers for them at 3am. As I drove over there, I felt a good presence traveling along with me. (I feel it was the Holy Spirit.)
Anyway, I prayed for a few hours with them and gave them all Holy Water. The demonic presence seemed to leave after that. I can pray for them again, but she HAS to quit dabbling in the occult or she's never going to quit having disturbing phenomenon happening to her.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had teenage fiddlings with the occult, but never was really able to take it as seriously as I took the Church because I did the research and learned the pedigree of a lot of occult movements (most of them started in the 50s in Europe). I read the Satanic Bible as a teenager and immediately thought that Anton LaVey was a D-bag and threw the copy I had shoplifted in the trash. I lost a lot of respect for musicians that I had previously thought were "cool" because they were affiliated with LaVeyan Satanism and I realized after reading it's (un)holy text that it was basically written by an adult version of the goth kids I went to school with in terms of his angst towards Christianity.

When I first got sick, I had actually hoped that I was possessed and went to a priest to try and convince them of this, they hooked me up with a mental health clinic and I realized that I am not possessed, what I have is a disease that is not well understood and science doesn't fully understand why it causes the symptoms that it does. I suppose this is "better" than being possessed, but at least a possession would have made the symptoms make more sense.

Like I was in the chapel the other week and thought I saw the statue of the BVM breathing. I kind of knew that the statue wasn't breathing and I was just hallucinating something.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0