England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A small maintenance fee gets added to my rent every month.
Jesus charges me nothing for dealing with my weeds of sin. He paid the price with His sacrifice upon the cross!

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'm really glad and thankful that Jesus has dealt with all my weeds of sin, but if he wanted to also help out with taking care of all the weeds and overgrown grass in my yard too, I certainly wouldn't try to stop him. :)

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This time of the year in the garden it is tidying up time. Getting rid of the weeds and preparing for Spring. There are times in our lives also, when we need to tidy up and get rid of the weeds!

I didn't know you smoked Pot mate ^_^

Seriously though - weeds can spring up without you noticing.

I'm tackling the weeds of critisism , being judmental, and generaly not being helpful to other people. It's taking a bit of work but isn't gardening hard work at times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Cleanse me from my sin,Lord. Make me pure within,Lord. Take me as I am Lord and make me all Thine own. Keep me day by day Lord,underneath Thy sway. Make my heart a palace for Thy Royal Throne!' (CSSM chorus)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'O,God and Father of mankind,forgive our foolish ways and clothe us in our rightful mind,to purer lives,Thy beauty find,in deeper reverence, praise,in deeper reverence,praise' (Glorious hymn)

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well, I have bought a new book on decluttering...Peter is going to help me move some books into the loft, and that will make room for the books on the floor...
We both love reading and have quite a lot of books. A Kindle isn't quite the same.
My granddaughter is visiting tomorrow to help sort things out.

Upvote 0

PoppyB

Apr 5, 2019
Bolton
✟30,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This time of the year in the garden it is tidying up time. Getting rid of the weeds and preparing for Spring. There are times in our lives also, when we need to tidy up and get rid of the weeds!

Upvote 0

PoppyB

Apr 5, 2019
Bolton
✟30,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I was enjoying a quiet cuppa in my garden earlier today I thought about the changing seasons and especially the transition from summer, through autumn and into winter. That yearly change from fully leafed trees to naked ones is slow and gradual. And then once bare it seems an age until we see any real signs of new growth but then all in a couple of days there are leaves again, and flowers and everything is fresh and green.

Perhaps it is the same in our spiritual lives; the long drawn out 'winter' periods in our lives which seem to go on for ever when nothing much happens, but then when new growth comes it comes suddenly and take us by surprise even though we have hoped and longed for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As I was enjoying a quiet cuppa in my garden earlier today I thought about the changing seasons and especially the transition from summer, through autumn and into winter. That yearly change from fully leafed trees to naked ones is slow and gradual. And then once bare it seems an age until we see any real signs of new growth but then all in a couple of days there are leaves again, and flowers and everything is fresh and green.

Perhaps it is the same in our spiritual lives; the long drawn out 'winter' periods in our lives which seem to go on for ever when nothing much happens, but then when new growth comes it comes suddenly and take us by surprise even though we have hoped and longed for it.
Hi Poppy, great to meet you, I have been watching the changes in our garden also, and there is lots to do, I love to see all the new shoots, and watch the birds, all so busy...

Upvote 0

PoppyB

Apr 5, 2019
Bolton
✟30,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't know you smoked Pot mate ^_^

Seriously though - weeds can spring up without you noticing.

I'm tackling the weeds of critisism , being judmental, and generaly not being helpful to other people. It's taking a bit of work but isn't gardening hard work at times.

Our heavenly Father is the gardener and it will be him who works on the weeds in our lives if we are open to him. We don't need to do the gardening but we must allow ourselves to be 'pruned'. It takes the pressure off knowing that, and we shouldn't beat ourselves up.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Our heavenly Father is the gardener and it will be him who works on the weeds in our lives if we are open to him. We don't need to do the gardening but we must allow ourselves to be 'pruned'. It takes the pressure off knowing that, and we shouldn't beat ourselves up.
Thanks for sharing here,'poppy' and reminding us of these truths.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Jesus charges me nothing for dealing with my weeds of sin. He paid the price with His sacrifice upon the cross!

quietbloke, that's great, but we're discussing gardening in this thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So True but it's not the whole Truth.

If the Father points out to us we need to tame our tongues then that is going to take practice and effort on our part. We do it under the guidance of the Holy spirit.

The pruning would come ( in this example ) when we don't do it ourselves.

How come some people make Good progress and some don't? Isn't it lack of effort on our part? Isn't it about not surrendering - again an act on our part?

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0