Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know if you are doing Gods will?
I know thing have gone horribly wrong for me time and again when I have decided I wanted something and forced a change, got what I asked for and it turned out all bad.
Do you ever pray for something specific?
I stopped doing that and started praying for Gods will to be done, whatever the outcome, and if I got the opposite of what I wanted, then I prayed for understanding and acceptance, it was only then that I got what I needed AND wanted, I didn't have to battle and struggle for it, it just came my way easily, but there are decisions to make every day, how do you know what is your will, your ideas or God's?

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know thing have gone horribly wrong for me time and again when I have decided I wanted something and forced a change, got what I asked for and it turned out all bad.
I stopped doing that and started praying for Gods will to be done, whatever the outcome, and if I got the opposite of what I wanted, then I prayed for understanding and acceptance, it was only then that I got what I needed AND wanted, I didn't have to battle and struggle for it, it just came my way easily, but there are decisions to make every day, how do you know what is your will, your ideas or God's?
“In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:” Ephesians 1:11 (KJV 1900)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got what I needed AND wanted,
I think when God has us doing things with Him, His love makes us pleased so we are obeying and glad.

how do you know what is your will, your ideas or God's?
I don't know. So, at each moment I might simply be quiet and trust God to have me do what He really wants. And I find I need major correction in my character so I am the way He wants for doing what He desires.

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder about that exact same thing. I have decided that all I can do is hope. I take care of everybody else, and sometimes I get so tired. Even when I'm sick and not felling well. I practically move around slowly taking care of everyone else. No one care for me. Sometime I get so tired. And I become mean and cold. I pray that God will get me through. I love taking care of others, but when I feel bad, I turn into a monster.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Regardless, each one should lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is what I prescribe in all the churches. Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man still uncircumcised when called? He should not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commandments is what counts. Each one should remain in the situation he was in when he was called. Were you a slave when you were called? Do not let it concern you—but if you can gain your freedom, take the opportunity. For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord’s freedman. Conversely, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ’s slave. You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. Brothers, each one should remain in the situation he was in when God called him. 1 Corinthians 7:17-24

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well!

If i ask for something and the Lord gives me a positive reply, a strong feeling of peace that can't be shaken off, will usually follow and rest on my heart, such that whenever i try to think of the matter, i dont stress over it anymore up until i find my breakthrough. I do ask God to have His way when i pray, but i always have the specific prayer requests to put in too.

Then if His response, to my prayer request is negative, He will not give me that peace in my heart or might just drop a message in my spirit. This is when i learn to ask for the Grace to accept His decision and move on.

Upvote 0

Abide with me.

Jan 8, 2021
Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so!
Well!

If i ask for something and the Lord gives me a positive reply, a strong feeling of peace that can't be shaken off, will usually follow and rest on my heart, such that whenever i try to think of the matter, i dont stress over it anymore up until i find my breakthrough. I do ask God to have His way when i pray, but i always have the specific prayer requests to put in too.

Then if His response, to my prayer request is negative, He will not give me that peace in my heart or might just drop a message in my spirit. This is when i learn to ask for the Grace to accept His decision and move on.
Thank you splish splash, how do you know if his response to your prayer is negative? Do you get a bad feeling? Or is it that your prayer isn't answered?

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you so!

Thank you splish splash, how do you know if his response to your prayer is negative? Do you get a bad feeling? Or is it that your prayer isn't answered?

You are most welcome. There's usually 2 or so things. 1st thing being, i might not find peace because the Lord has refused to grant me my prayer request then secondly, it maybe, because im doubting God yet He would give me, if i believed. Also try to check if what you're asking for is aligned with God's will. If you ask Him He will reveal it to you somehow.

Its just an unpleasant negative feeling that you sort of learn to pick up on as you go along in your relationship with Christ. You can't miss it.

Upvote 0

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

How do you know God's will? "You keep on continuously proving all things over and over again, as a habit and way of life, and you always hold fast to that which is good/true." That's in the present tense indicating an ongoing court case where you keep on considering every possible piece of information that "might" apply to the topics at hand with a willingness to alter your beliefs to fit whatever ends up being true/good. The second part of this is prayer...

Understand that Jesus, fully knowing the will of the Father from the very beginning, prayed directly contrary to His Father's will 3 times in a row, asking for the cup to be removed from Jesus prayed to the Father asking Him not to make Him bear the sins of the entire world, 3 times. So, what does that tell you? First, you can pray for anything, anything at all. Second, if your desire is to accomplish the will of God, you will add, nevertheless, not my will but yours be done. Ask for what you want. Labor day in and day out to get to the truth of His will and live in accordance with it. But feel free to ask.

Upvote 0