• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Thunder & Lightning!

Discussion in 'Community Hangout' started by mnorian, Jun 26, 2019.

1. mnorian

mnorian Oldbie--Eternal Optimist Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+6,904
    Christian
    Married
    Any body else like thunder & lightning? We don't get much out west here in the PNW; but are getting a little today. As long as it doesn't start any forest fires.:eek::D

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tigger45

Tigger45 St Benedict Supporter

+7,095
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    We had rolling thunder the other night which is rare here. It brought back memories.

3. Sam91

Sam91 Child of the Living God Supporter

+6,761
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Love it!

What was also cool was noticing last year that lightning can occur during volcanic eruptions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. JustRachel

JustRachel He welcomed me back! <3 Supporter

+446
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I love it. Always makes me think of God and the amazing things he does. I live at the top of California. We have a cell over us right now. Not fond of the fires that can come from lightning, however.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+895
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Typing to the sound of thunder right now. Love it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Jen35

Jen35 Member

+86
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It's scary

7. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,434
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    I live in one of the Lightning capitals. I love storms but not a lightning fan - especially when it comes to damage.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+895
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    HERE is an interesting (and maybe helpful) fact about lightening and thunder.

Next time you're stuck in a thunderstorm, try this easy way to calculate how far away you are from lightning strikes.
    Just count the number of seconds that pass between a flash of lightning and the crack of thunder that follows it, then divide that number by five. The resulting number will tell you how many miles away you are from where lightning just struck.

Five seconds, for example, indicates the lightning struck 1 mile away, and a 10-second gap means the lightning was 2 miles away.

This technique is called the "flash-to-bang" method, and it can keep you safe during rainy summer weather. The National Weather Service recommends taking cover if the time between the lightning flash and the rumble of thunder is 30 seconds or less, which indicates the lightning is about 6 miles away or closer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. RayJeena

RayJeena Humble and proud of it. Supporter

+3,132
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single
    I absolutely love thunderstorms.