Thrown into a pit, for what? Truly, the Devil has begun to drive a wedge between the concepts of Men

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

Another piece of the puzzle! The Devil is to be bound and thrown into a pit, for at least a thousand years (Revelation), but why?

The Devil is bound, because he has started to drive a wedge between the concepts of Men.

The Devil is weighed down, because he has not heeded leadership, either from God or Man.

The Devil must wait at least a thousand years, because without the Lord, that is how long a Day in sin lasts.

Everything in this, is fighting the Revelation of the Holy Spirit, which can lead to the Revelation of God.

Do not be quick to argue, brothers, with me, yes, but not with God.

Our fate has begun to hang in the balance, over what we believe!

Euodius

Are you kitten me right meow?
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2019
Stafford
✟49,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi there,

Another piece of the puzzle! The Devil is to be bound and thrown into a pit, for at least a thousand years (Revelation), but why?

The Devil is bound, because he has started to drive a wedge between the concepts of Men.

The Devil is weighed down, because he has not heeded leadership, either from God or Man.

The Devil must wait at least a thousand years, because without the Lord, that is how long a Day in sin lasts.

Everything in this, is fighting the Revelation of the Holy Spirit, which can lead to the Revelation of God.

Or already the thousand years have been going on and are almost up...

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there,

The bible tells us why:

Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

The nations are currently being deceived by Satan. When he is imprisoned it will be the first time in human history that he cannot deceive.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,

When Jesus returns, He returns only for the saved. That decision has already been made as He is our High Priest now. When that work is done, He will say so and it will be the end, no more changing of the mind.
Rev_16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev_22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

When He comes:
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

When Jesus returns, the righteous dead are resurrected---the 1st resurrection, the living righteous are translated and all the saved go to be with Jesus for a thousand years. The living wicked are destroyed by His coming the rest of the wicked dead, remain dead.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

So---when Jesus returns all the saved are taken to heaven with Christ, all the wicked are dead and remain dead, the earth has been destroyed at His coming---it is bare, it is empty.---then there is a period of a thousand years.

Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Satan and His angels are bound to this barren, empty, destroyed earth with nobody in it. This is his bottomless pit---his abyss. 1000 years with no one to tempt. Then the 2nd resurrection will come of the wicked for them to be judged.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

It also corresponds to the land Sabbaths. First there was the 7th day Sabbath, then there was 6 years of sowing and the 7th year was to be a land Sabbath---

Exo 23:10 And six years thou shalt sow thy land, and shalt gather in the fruits thereof:
Exo 23:11 But the seventh year thou shalt let it rest and lie still; that the poor of thy people may eat: and what they leave the beasts of the field shall eat. In like manner thou shalt deal with thy vineyard, and with thy oliveyard.

And it will be 6000 years and then 1000 years for the planet to have it's Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with your use of scripture (you even distinguished Revelation from the other books of the Bible, which was great).

The point is what the Devil does, when he deceives the nations: it is not that he sets out to bring them together.

Neither does the Holy Spirit, bring them together - which is why it is essential not to let our concepts "fight".

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi there,

God does not have a theological entrance exam into heaven. He has a stethoscope. He checks to see if you are alive or dead. To be alive requires that we believe and accept certain core truths. Everything else is irrelevant. The revelation of the Holy Spirit is the revelation of Christ, who is the revelation of God. Let's get the job done here, first, before we get too carried away with last days speculations.

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When Jesus returns, the righteous dead are resurrected---the 1st resurrection, the living righteous are translated and all the saved go to be with Jesus for a thousand years. The living wicked are destroyed by His coming the rest of the wicked dead, remain dead.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

So---when Jesus returns all the saved are taken to heaven with Christ, all the wicked are dead and remain dead, the earth has been destroyed at His coming---it is bare, it is empty.---then there is a period of a thousand years.

Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

"that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled"

Obviously the Earth is not empty of people since the verse just said he cannot deceive the nations til the thousand years are finished...which proves the nations are on the Earth but he cannot deceive them until the thousand years are over then he will go out through the world and deceive them again.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And here are the nations that once were protected from Satan but now are no longer. They are in the four quarters of the Earth where they were through the thousand year period.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
God does not have a theological entrance exam into heaven. He has a stethoscope. He checks to see if you are alive or dead. To be alive requires that we believe and accept certain core truths. Everything else is irrelevant. The revelation of the Holy Spirit is the revelation of Christ, who is the revelation of God. Let's get the job done here, first, before we get too carried away with last days speculations.

You've got a point, mate, I don't doubt that.

What I am saying is "if you are just continually arguing, with someone, it might be that they (the person) want you to disagree (because the Devil in them does not agree, with the concepts he does not agree with)."

It's not confusing when you just put it "the Devil is trying to drive a wedge between the concepts of men".

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with your use of scripture (you even distinguished Revelation from the other books of the Bible, which was great).

The point is what the Devil does, when he deceives the nations: it is not that he sets out to bring them together.

Neither does the Holy Spirit, bring them together - which is why it is essential not to let our concepts "fight".

What does he do? There really is only one final lie that he can toss out at everyone that could possibly be believed at this point-----That he is the one that resurrected them. There is nothing for him or the rest of the wicked. The whole earth is just a burned up total mess. There is however---that beautiful city of God coming down from heaven---

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
That is their one last chance---take the city by force. What they could have had for free by following Jesus, they now want to take by force. Satan does set out to bring them together. That is the only thing that can bring them together now. Not repentance--They remain "filthy still."

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
"that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled"

Obviously the Earth is not empty of people since the verse just said he cannot deceive the nations til the thousand years are finished...which proves the nations are on the Earth but he cannot deceive them until the thousand years are over then he will go out through the world and deceive them again.

And here are the nations that once were protected from Satan but now are no longer. They are in the four quarters of the Earth where they were through the thousand year period.

I don't agree---The earth and everyone is destroyed at His coming except for the saved.
2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end

They are resurrected (by God) at the 2nd resurrection. That is why they are all over the planet---the wicked are all over the planet.

2Th_2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

He doesn't destroy just "The Wicked One". It is all the wicked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't agree---The earth and everyone is destroyed at His coming except for the saved.

Revelation 20 shows there are people on the Earth during and after the thousand years and perhaps more than at any other time in human history since all the saved dead are on the Earth as well as the nations which number more than the sands of the sea. Rather than no one but Satan, the Earth is extremely populated.

They are resurrected (by God) at the 2nd resurrection. That is why they are all over the planet---the wicked are all over the planet.

The resurrection of the unsaved happens after the battle of Jerusalem. The people that die in the fire there are mortals, the nations that were on the Earth. They will resurrect from dying at Jerusalem just prior to the GWTJ.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Except for one thing > if they are resurrected, this means they have already died. So, then, how can they die, again, at the great battle at the end of the thousand years? It is appointed that each human dies only once, right?

But if God uses the thousand years to reproduce enough humans to be as the sand of the sea for the great battle, this fits with how so many were killed during the greatest tribulation ever, so now a thousand years is necessary for reproducing enough humans to be as the sand of the sea for the great battle.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 20 shows there are people on the Earth during and after the thousand years and perhaps more than at any other time in human history since all the saved dead are on the Earth as well as the nations which number more than the sands of the sea. Rather than no one but Satan, the Earth is extremely populated.

The resurrection of the unsaved happens after the battle of Jerusalem. The people that die in the fire there are mortals, the nations that were on the Earth. They will resurrect from dying at Jerusalem just prior to the GWTJ.

All the saved dead are resurrected at His return, and, along with the saved living are taken up into the clouds to be with Jesus in the New Jerusalem, which comes down after the 1000 years which the lost try to take. The verses state the earth is empty--not even birds. Everything is destroyed at His coming.
Except for one thing > if they are resurrected, this means they have already died. So, then, how can they die, again, at the great battle at the end of the thousand years? It is appointed that each human dies only once, right?

But if God uses the thousand years to reproduce enough humans to be as the sand of the sea for the great battle, this fits with how so many were killed during the greatest tribulation ever, so now a thousand years is necessary for reproducing enough humans to be as the sand of the sea for the great battle.

They have all been dead---Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The first resurrection, only the saved dead are resurrected. The wicked are resurrected at the 2nd resurrection. This is the resurrection of the damned.

Joh_5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The wicked are resurrected at the 2nd resurrection.
But didn't you say there are not humans during the thousand years?

So, where do all those people as the sand of the sea come from, for fighting against the Lord at the end of the thousand years?

And if they are resurrected after the thousand years so they can do battle against Jesus, and then He kills them all, this would mean they die twice, would it not??

Who, then, do you say will be killed in the great battle, after the thousand years?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
But didn't you say there are not humans during the thousand years?

So, where do all those people as the sand of the sea come from, for fighting against the Lord at the end of the thousand years?

And if they are resurrected after the thousand years so they can do battle against Jesus, and then He kills them all, this would mean they die twice, would it not??

Who, then, do you say will be killed in the great battle, after the thousand years?

Read the verses again. During the 1000 years it says we reign with Christ, in heaven --but the wicked dead remain dead. The earth is barren, destroyed by the brightness of Jesus. Jesus resurrects the wicked dead after the 1000 years. Yes, they die twice. That is what the bible says. It's called the 2nd death. The righteous die once, as everyone does, but the wicked die the 2nd death in the lake of fire.
Rev_2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Rev_20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev_20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,216.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The Devil is currently bound, the Gospel is spreading all over the world like wildfire. Millions are being saved and the Church is growing faster than in any other time in history.
So we can see that the Devil is currently very much restricted, but the time is coming when He will be allowed to deceive the nations for a short time.
The world is currently enjoying peace and prosperity, but that will all change as soon as He is freed.
China now has 120 million Christians and people from every corner of the world are hearing the good news and converting everyday. When the last one of Gods elect hears the Gospel, the Devil will be set free.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The Devil is currently bound, the Gospel is spreading all over the world like wildfire. Millions are being saved and the Church is growing faster than in any other time in history.
So we can see that the Devil is currently very much restricted, but the time is coming when He will be allowed to deceive the nations for a short time.
The world is currently enjoying peace and prosperity, but that will all change as soon as He is freed.
China now has 120 million Christians and people from every corner of the world are hearing the good news and converting everyday. When the last one of Gods elect hears the Gospel, the Devil will be set free.
The devil is not bound. He is as active as ever. Satan, the god of this world, is still blinding the eyes of the perishing. Christians still come under accusation and attack. When Christians wake up and start exercising the authority that Lord Jesus gave us, we will see change. As the church grows in China, it declines in much of the Western world.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The verses state the earth is empty--not even birds. Everything is destroyed at His coming./QUOTE]

No, they don't say that. Revelation 19-20 specifically says the nations will be ruled over for a thousand years and after that ends, the nations are still on the Earth when Satan goes to them. Please address these facts in your next reply.

The Defeat of Satan

These nations are in the Earth but you claim the Earth is empty. Time to re-evaluate this since what you are saying does not match what Revelation is telling us.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Read the verses again. During the 1000 years it says we reign with Christ, in heaven --but the wicked dead remain dead. The earth is barren, destroyed by the brightness of Jesus. Jesus resurrects the wicked dead after the 1000 years. Yes, they die twice.

That's three deaths not two. You have them dying the first death, resurrecting for another death then a third death in the LOF. Obviously that isn't what the bible says. The nations are alive after the second coming, alive through the thousand years and only die the first time at Jerusalem after the thousand years.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

er 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Jer 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Upvote 0