Throughout our eternities can we ever make the choice to sin?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Okay so my wife and I have a question when we are given our new sinless bodies can we ever make the choice to sin or betray Jesus? Will we ever be tempted in our eternities? Can what happened to the angels ever happen again to humans? Ergo one of Christs followers ups and decides that he wants power and wants to betray God.

John 10:28 says that we shall never perish. Does this mean that God can see throughout eternity and nobody would ever be tempted to betray Jesus or make the choice to sin?

Its true. We will know the consequences of and dangers of sin but couldn't we just decide to sin anyway? Or will our new sinless bodies make sin impossible somehow? Where even if we wanted to sin we couldn't. If that's the case why didn't God just make Adam and Eve that way to begin with? Then the problem of sin never would have entered the world in the first place. Can't God have made people that way?

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay so my wife and I have a question when we are given our new sinless bodies can we ever make the choice to sin or betray Jesus? Will we ever be tempted in our eternities? Can what happened to the angels ever happen again to humans? Ergo one of Christs followers ups and decides that he wants power and wants to betray God.

John 10:28 says that we shall never perish. Does this mean that God can see throughout eternity and nobody would ever be tempted to betray Jesus or make the choice to sin?

Its true. We will know the consequences of and dangers of sin but couldn't we just decide to sin anyway? Or will our new sinless bodies make sin impossible somehow? Where even if we wanted to sin we couldn't. If that's the case why didn't God just make Adam and Eve that way to begin with? Then the problem of sin never would have entered the world in the first place. Can't God have made people that way?
When we die, our bodies return to earth where the flesh and all its evil cravings are destroyed forever. In the resurrection/rapture on the last day, our heavenly bodies are free from the flesh and Satan's influence.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Your question reminds me of something I often ponder, and that is "what's next"? At the end of the age, what will we be doing? Will it all start over again?

I heard someone once say, just thinking out loud, will the souls of the righteous replace the angels who rebelled? It's an interesting thought.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Would the choice not to sin have a much greater value to God if we could sin?

Good point. Perhaps. I mean I could see God favoring those who have the choice to sin and choose not to. And when we are given our new bodies we will either have that choice or we will be made unable to sin.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Your question reminds me of something I often ponder, and that is "what's next"? At the end of the age, what will we be doing? Will it all start over again?

I heard someone once say, just thinking out loud, will the souls of the righteous replace the angels who rebelled? It's an interesting thought.

Yeah exactly. I prayed to the Father about this because I am afraid that someone might do this. Or even me. I don't know. But I suppose we won't have the devil to tempt us anymore so maybe since there will be no devil nobody will ever be tempted. And maybe that's why Jesus said that we will never perish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, it would make us self-righteous which is repugnant to God. Who wants a heaven full of Pharisees?
We can make a choice today "I will sin no more" and many "Christians" like yourself make that choice, but if we do not sin further it was not because of our own self righteousness, but because we allowed Christ Holy Spirit to live in us and through us, unquenched. All the glory go to Deity and not a choice I cannot keep by my own righteousness.
I can choose to accept a billion dollars from Bill Gates, so does my accepting bring glory to me?
In heaven it is the same way, but you still are making a choice.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good point. Perhaps. I mean I could see God favoring those who have the choice to sin and choose not to. And when we are given our new bodies we will either have that choice or we will be made unable to sin.
If we are made "unable to sin" is our free will taken from us?
Do you feel God has free will?
Does Godly type Love require a free will choice to be made or can Godly type Love be robotic (automatic)?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The sinful will not be in heaven but in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). Nothing impure will ever enter heaven (Revelation 21:27). Outside of heaven are those who sin (Revelation 22:15).

Further - the Bible says:

“A highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness; it will be for those who walk on that Way. The unclean will not journey on it; wicked fools will not go about on it. . . .But only the redeemed will walk there” (Isaiah 35:8-9).

So, the answer is, no, it will not be possible for us to sin in heaven.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we are made "unable to sin" is our free will taken from us?
Do you feel God has free will?
Does Godly type Love require a free will choice to be made or can Godly type Love be robotic (automatic)?

We used our will to get into heaven in the first place, God forces no one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can make a choice today "I will sin no more" and many "Christians" like yourself make that choice, but if we do not sin further it was not because of our own self righteousness, but because we allowed Christ Holy Spirit to live in us and through us, unquenched. All the glory go to Deity and not a choice I cannot keep by my own righteousness.
I can choose to accept a billion dollars from Bill Gates, so does my accepting bring glory to me?
In heaven it is the same way, but you still are making a choice.
It is self righteousness if "we allow God to live in us". We are his temple, and it is by grace he lives in our hearts.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did not say anything different, the question is about after we are in heaven?

I answered the question (with scripture) and the answer is no.

Why do you need it or have concern for it anyway when you already used all of your will to get there?

The struggle is over, this life overcome if you've made it into heaven.

Sin is a constant struggle in this body and heaven is our Sabbath, our rest from that struggle.. And thank God for it.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

"If that's the case why didn't God just make Adam and Eve that way to begin with?"

He did make them that way ... they disobeyed God (by listening to Satan) and sin entered into the human race.

Sin originally started in heaven when Lucifer/Satan sinned and he and the fallen angels were cast to the earth. So all the beings in heaven had free will and they made their choices in heaven then. We on earth also have free will to choose Jesus ... or not .... and if we repent and believe in Jesus through His sacrifice, when resurrected we will be like Jesus without sin. and will live with God on earth for eternity! AMEN!

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0