-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I certainly think we should NOT rush to judgement against anyone, and certainly should not spread rumors that could easily destroy families lives . It is not right , fair or Christian to do so. I think people should consider the content of one's character . Society has come a long was, there may still be work to do but its not for us to rush to judgement especially if the consequences are ruined lives.

and as to your signature, I would say to remember the lives of those that were lost in the cause of freedom, learn to love and embrace their ideals that allowed us to be free.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If I consider most (or all) black people to be Democrats or vote for Democrats, is that racial profiling? Is it racial profiling if I avoid groups of male black youths on the street?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Holoman
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Those literally might be the weakest examples of racial profiling I've ever seen....

For anyone who didn't read the article....

Example 1. Guy driving on suspended license with a history of drug dealing gets pulled over. Cop wants to search his car and apparently, he thinks it's unnecessary. Claims to have been "racially profiled".

He wasn't. Driving under a suspended license with a history of drugs is a totally legitimate reason to be searched. You don't have any good reason to complain at that point. Do as the cop says.

Example 2. Couple wants to walk out on movie because of irritating "beeping" noise coming from other person in audience. They go receive a refund...but are upset at not being allowed back in theatre because policy dictates once refunded, a customer isn't allowed back in the theatre (for obvious reasons). They feel they were racially profiled (cops were called because this apparently became an argument).

They weren't. It's a policy. It applies to everyone....even black people. The employees were just doing their job. Why not just have the usher go in and get their kids? If they intended to leave....why not just bring your kids out in the first place? Why not have an usher go and asking the person who is "beeping" to cut the noise? There's lots of ways to handle this like decent human beings that won't get the police called in you.

Glad this is a workshop they're teaching and not a real classroom. What a joke.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An article from three years ago. You're going to have to a lot better than searching for "black-on-black" and "Philadelphia" on Google. Intraracial crime is the norm, there is nothing special about intraracial crime when it is committed by black people. That is also not the topic of this thread.

Don't you think the topics are related?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You could try staying on topic instead of talking about a subject that is unrelated, especially when the news story is from 3 years ago.

Do think anything has changed there in the past three years?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Do think anything has changed there in the past three years?
The existence of crime in West Philadelphia is irrelevant to these stories, especially considering all these stories do not occur in West Philadelphia. How a man being told he has to leave a movie theater without his children has anything to do with intraracial crime is beyond me. Likewise, the presumption that intraracial crime is special if it involves black people is ignorant and bigoted premise. Nonetheless, intraracial crime is unrelated to the topic that includes stories of a manager that won't even offer to help someone get their children from a theater, which speaks to the point Ismael Jimenez was discussing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The existence of crime in West Philadelphia is irrelevant to these stories, especially considering all these stories do not occur in West Philadelphia. How a man being told he has to leave a movie theater without his children has anything to do with intraracial crime is beyond me. Likewise, the presumption that intraracial crime is special if it involves black people is ignorant and bigoted premise. Nonetheless, intraracial crime is unrelated to the topic that includes stories of a manager that won't even offer to help someone get their children from a theater, which speaks to the point Ismael Jimenez was discussing.

I think you are trying to escalate this event into something racial. You do this a lot, so I toss my 2 cents in as well. The way I see it is that black people very often overreact (throw a fit or 'get up in the officer's face') when interacting with the police. This doesn't help their cause and often forces the police to overreact as well.

"Throwing a fit" is a tactic to deflect or claim innocence. I have personally experienced it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I think you are trying to escalate this event into something racial. You do this a lot, so I toss my 2 cents in as well. The way I see it is that black people very often overreact (throw a fit or 'get up in the officer's face') when interacting with the police. This doesn't help their cause and often forces the police to overreact as well.

"Throwing a fit" is a tactic to deflect or claim innocence. I have personally experienced it.
Your "two cents" is off-topic and your prejudiced statements denote yet another pattern of racism, in addition to housing discrimination based on skin color.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your "two cents" is off-topic and your prejudiced statements denote yet another pattern of racism, in addition to housing discrimination based on skin color.

Don't mistake criticism for racism.

• Agree
Upvote 0