• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Three things Evolutionists need: perceptiveness, calm & idealism.

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Gottservant, Nov 6, 2021.

Changing conviction on Evolution...

1. ...changes what it means to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ...changes what it means to others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ...changes what it means to God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. [all of the above]

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Gottservant

Gottservant God loves your words, may men love them also Supporter

+600
    Messianic
    Hi there,

So I have sought council as to how to strengthen a person, when they want to maintain the greatest strength they can have, as an Evolutionist:

Perceptiveness, means knowing when one mutation is clashing with another, for which it would be better to do without both, that is, starting again from an advantageous point, to make sure the mutations in question don't clash again.

Calm, means knowing that adaptation may not happen immediately, but more importantly, that a strong adaptation is likely able to strengthen other adaptations, that is, when they have a similar design in common, but the lesser is stretched further than the greater on its own. You might have a long neck and a need for a strong heartbeat, if the long neck agrees with a strong heartbeat more you may be able to depend on the neck further, as is the case with giraffes.

Idealism, this is the idea that perceptive drawing on of strengths, doesn't need to happen all at once, but that if it happens in little improvements, that is "of the same kind" the kind is greater for it over all. An athlete in a race will compete in a race more effectively, if he trains with other athelets in the lead up to the great competition. You could say "all Evolutions are little improvements" but the point here, is to acknowledge that they build up to being effective this way, they don't simply come to the right conclusion untested.

These things together, may for a way to approach real strength, which the Holy Spirit can confirm, by making you a servant of the greater Evolution of the greatest strength - even the Devil is wary of this!

Please, tell me if you have convictions of your own, or that you can see conviction of some kind, informing your greater Evolution?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Warden_of_the_Storm

Warden_of_the_Storm Well-Known Member

+4,934
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Evolution isn't something you have conviction in. It isn't a philosophy or a religion. It is simply an explanation of scientific facts. This has been explained to you MULTIPLE times, and yet you refuse to acknowledge this. Why?

3. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    God planned the entire process. Much like a cake that is baked and is pulled out of the processing device fully frosted with writing.

4. Warden_of_the_Storm

+4,934
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Can you provide evidence for that claim?

5. Gottservant

+600
    Messianic
    And I have repeatedly tried to explain to you: I am an agent - I can believe something, or I can believe the "wrong" thing or I can believe something the wrong way.

You making a god of the probability of your existence, does not some how make my agency "irrelevant".

I'm happy to admit at times I wish you would just forget "Evolution", but I do everything I can to show you how you can believe it more: not so that you can contradict me, but so that you can at least see contradicting me has less efficacy than trusting something we have in common.

Your mistake is to think the glass is only half full, when there is a population of glasses - that egregious misuse of intelligence has caused us numerous arguments (and I wish you'd stop).

All the ways I am an agent, culminate in a very strong contention for Evolution - I am not simply going to give up being an agent, because you are scientific about how you make the god of probability that you do.

6. Warden_of_the_Storm

+4,934
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    It doesn't matter squat if you are an agent, you are flat out wrong. Evolution is not a philosophy, belief system or religion. It's a scientific fact.

7. SkyWriting

+7,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    We are the only beings in the Cosmos talking about God. It's very good
    evidence that He exists. Go interview all the others planets.

8. Warden_of_the_Storm

+4,934
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Not really, it's not. Again, that's just a claim. Not evidence.

9. Gottservant

+600
    Messianic
    Denying agency is not wrong, if almost everything is done.

Are you saying everything regarding Evolution, is almost done?

10. Warden_of_the_Storm

+4,934
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    No, I'm not. I'm saying that you are wrong about what evolution is, and you seem to revel in the fact that you refuse to learn.
    Again: Evolution is not a philosophy, belief system or religion. It's a scientific fact. Do you understand this?

11. SkyWriting

+7,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Science is a philosophy and a belief system.

12. Gottservant

+600
    Messianic
    The problem is that the Devil calls Evolution a fact, when it suits him.

Are you making resisting the Devil easier or harder? Or are you making light of that? In a good way?

These are real questions!

13. Warden_of_the_Storm

+4,934
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    No it's not. Science is a research methodology.

14. SkyWriting

+7,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    The philosophy of science
    undsci.berkeley.edu › article › philosophy

The philosophy of science is a field that deals with what science is, how it works, and the logic through which we build scientific knowledge.

Attached Files:

15. Warden_of_the_Storm

+4,934
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    The devil has nothing to do with evolution. Just because you don't like evolution and science doesn't make it the work of the devil.

The question about the devil is a religious question, nothing to do with evolution and biological science.

16. Warden_of_the_Storm

+4,934
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
  17. SkyWriting

+7,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    One has to believe that science produces "facts", but that is just a philosophy since all "facts" can be replaced by new data at any time. Were they ever "facts" if they can be replaced?
    "An atom is the smallest unit of matter."

18. Warden_of_the_Storm

+4,934
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    You're committed to saying that I'm wrong on a level that is akin to being a troll.
    And no, I've shown you that science isn't a philosophy. Get over it.

19. Gottservant

+600
    Messianic
    I don't like science, you discovered that, have you?

And the Devil understands that it is a religious question, as to whether he uses Evolution to his advantage or not?

Pray tell, how do you explain to the Devil he is not to be religious in his use of Evolution? Do you set out which are religious mutations and which are not?

I'm not abandoning you to contempt, but you still have to justify what exactly it is that you do, when you believe in Evolution.

When I follow Jesus, I take up my cross and I follow Him - nothing complicated.

20. Warden_of_the_Storm

+4,934
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    Since you make no attempt to learn, just spout nonsense when you make these threads, and you also refuse to accept what anything tells you when you are shown to be wrong, I'm lead to believe that you don't care about science.