Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did he build it, where did it land, and when did it happen?

He built it near to where he lived. Can't know that exactly but we do know where the rivers from the garden are today, Turkey, so somewhere around there perhaps. I think that can only ever be a guestimate because the world was destroyed and we don't know how far people had moved to by that point.

We know the Ark landed in the mountains of Ararat. Genesis 8:4

I don't think we can know for sure, but probably 6-10 thousand years ago.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where did he build it, where did it land, and when did it happen?

1. We do not know.
2. Mountains of Ararat (Genesis 8:4).
3. 1656 years after creation (Masoretic), or somewhere around 2348 BC.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What do you base that estimate upon?

The chronogeneaologies and the dates of events of the same time frame agreed by scholars. For an example, Nebuchadnezzar is said to have lived around 605-562 BC, this matches the chronogeneaologies if you work your way to the Babylonian Exile from Genesis.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
The chronogeneaologies and the dates of events of the same time frame agreed by scholars. For an example, Nebuchadnezzar is said to have lived around 605-562 BC, this matches the chronogeneaologies if you work your way to the Babylonian Exile from Genesis.
How did Noah’s descendants travel from Ararat to Australia and become aboriginal people there within 5000 years?

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How did Noah’s descendants travel from Ararat to Australia and become aboriginal people there within 5000 years?

They probably walked, then boated.

The Tower of Babel happened around 2246 BC, when the families of the earth began a massive migration out of Mesopotamia to the different continents. We don't know for sure when the Melanesians arrived to their various islands, including the Australian aboriginals in Australia, but it happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
They probably walked, then boated.

The Tower of Babel happened around 2246 BC, when the families of the earth began a massive migration out of Mesopotamia to the different continents. We don't know for sure when the Melanesians arrived to their various islands, including the Australian aboriginals in Australia.[/QUOTE
How far did they walk? Where would they have set sail to Australia from?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you base that estimate upon?

geneologies. So Creation was about 4000 years before Christ, and you take how old Adam was when he had Seth, and how old Seth was, etc. The death of Methuselah was the year the flood began. Right now the earth is about 6000 years old and we are very close to the 1000 years Millennium thought to end at year 7000. The days of creation are 6000 years for man, and the Sabbath is the Millennium.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do not know, I wasn't there.

Do you know what haplogroups are? You can determine a person's origins through their mitochondrial (female) or Y chromosome (male). This means that I have the same Y chromosome as my father, and his father from his father, all the way to a place of origin where it is concentrated.

They have tested Australian aboriginals as having the male haplogroup C, subclade M130, which is found among males belonging to many peoples indigenous to East Asia, Central Asia, Siberia, and North America as well as ancient and modern populations in Europe, the Levant and Japan. It is not found in Africa, though, indicating that they did not arrive there from that continent.

If this is true, then it is possible that they traveled through the region around India or South-East Asia in general.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

The flood wasn't global so whoever lived in Australia were unaffected by the flood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That isn’t supported by scripture.

Scripture doesn't support a global flood either. That is merely an interpretation of various passages. Many cultures have an unbroken history which was unaffected by the flood. There is also zero evidence in nature of a global flood.

It was a big flood and it killed a lot of people but it was not global.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
I do not know, I wasn't there.

Do you know what haplogroups are? You can determine a person's origins through their mitochondrial (female) or Y chromosome (male). This means that I have the same Y chromosome as my father, and his father from his father, all the way to a place of origin where it is concentrated.

They have tested Australian aboriginals as having the male haplogroup C, subclade M130, which is found among males belonging to many peoples indigenous to East Asia, Central Asia, Siberia, and North America as well as ancient and modern populations in Europe, the Levant and Japan. It is not found in Africa, though, indicating that they did not arrive there from that continent.

If this is true, then it is possible that they traveled through the region around India or South-East Asia in general.
Where would be logical point of departure to make an oceanic journey to Australia?

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Scripture doesn't support a global flood either. That is merely an interpretation of various passages.

And God said to Noah, “I have determined to make an end of all flesh, for the earth is filled with violence through them."

"For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground.”

"And the waters prevailed so mightily on the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered. The waters prevailed above the mountains, covering them fifteen cubits deep. And all flesh died that moved on the earth, birds, livestock, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm on the earth, and all mankind. Everything on the dry land in whose nostrils was the breath of life died. He blotted out every living thing that was on the face of the ground, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens. They were blotted out from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those who were with him in the ark."

Upvote 0