Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those without faith are not held to account for their sins.
Two questions.
1. By what manner are they judged as being worthy of salvation?
2. What is the point of the gospel then if there is already a mechanism in place by which people are saved?

Upvote 0

Everybodyknows

The good guys lost
Dec 19, 2016
Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saved BY Faith ~

Saving, or Having Faith ~ neither of those things are by the mans power.

Man has the power to BELIEVE ~ the Saving, the Faith, are gifts from God.

God Bless,
SBC
Is it possible then to have faith but to not believe and still be saved, or to be saved without faith at all for that matter?

• Useful
Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is it possible then to have faith but to not believe and still be saved, or to be saved without faith at all for that matter?

Man has the natural ability to Believe.
God looks for mans confession of Belief, from the mans Heart, not his Mind.

God is the one who gives us faith, because of our belief.
Man making greater our belief, Greater becomes our faith.
How a man becomes greater in belief, is by learning more about God, and His word, thus giving us more to know, TO, believe.

Is it possible to have faith, but not believe? no.
Is it possible to not believe and be saved? no.
It is possible to not have faith and be saved? no.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1. Do any unbelievers love other people?

2. Do any unbelievers love with God's kind of love?

3. Do unbelievers have the Spirit of God in them?

1Jn.2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1 John chapter 4 verse 19
We love because he first loved us.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How far does "all good things come from God" go, encompass so forth so on. All good from what I read and understand is Him. For He also rains on the just and unjust. I see yes yes and no.

John 3:16.. no one is born from above until they believe. Then all things become new. Old man is passed off. New Spirit in us. Jesus said.. we being evil now how to give good gifts to our children. How much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask. So unbelievers do not can not have His spirit in them. Light can not share be apart with darkness. Its ALL Him or nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Everybodyknows

The good guys lost
Dec 19, 2016
Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man has the natural ability to Believe.
God looks for mans confession of Belief, from the mans Heart, not his Mind.

God is the one who gives us faith, because of our belief.
Man making greater our belief, Greater becomes our faith.
How a man becomes greater in belief, is by learning more about God, and His word, thus giving us more to know, TO, believe.

Is it possible to have faith, but not believe? no.
Is it possible to not believe and be saved? no.
It is possible to not have faith and be saved? no.

God Bless,
SBC
Ok good. So I guess you disagree with @SkyWriting that unbelievers can be saved through obedience?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

1Jn.2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

I disagree with many of the answers that have been given. Perhaps some need to spend more time in God's word.

1. Yes, but they are quite selective.

2. No.

3. No.

John 3
17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

Titus 3
3At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.
4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,

1 John 4
4You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood...

19We love because he first loved us. 20Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ok good. So I guess you disagree with @SkyWriting that unbelievers can be saved through obedience?

No, they can't be saved through obedience. Faith is required; faith gives power and desire for obedience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
1. Yes

2. I think we have to define our terms to properly answer that. My guy reaction is no. But then what of the non-believing mother who pushes her child out of the way of a moving car and dies herself. I don't know of much more selfless love than that.

If God wants the child to live He can motivate an unbeliever to action.

Common grace is a theological concept in Protestant Christianity, primarily in Reformed and Calvinistic circles, referring to the grace of God that is either common to all humankind, or common to everyone within a particular sphere of influence (limited only by unnecessary cultural factors). It is common because its benefits are experienced by, or intended for, the whole human race without distinction between one person and another. It is grace because it is undeserved and sovereignly bestowed by God.
Common grace - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, even with agape Love in many cases.

In terms of the resources they have available: often, yes. Ultimately and consistently: no

The fruit of the Spirit is (consistently and always) Agape, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control all those who consistently display these attributes in the name of Christ Jesus can be confident that His Spirit dwells within them.

Yes

Now for a slightly different series of questions:

Do believers love other people?
My answer: Yes, even with agape Love in many cases.

Do any believers love with God's kind of Love?
In terms of the resources they have available: seldom yes. Ultimately and consistently: Ultimately: perhaps; Consistently: no

Do believers have the Spirit of God in them?
The fruit of the Spirit is (consistently and always) Agape, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control all those who consistently display these attributes in the name of Christ Jesus can be confident that His Spirit dwells within them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I can not answer you, pertaining to SkyWriting, without SkyWriting's own words in context.

I can say;

Some Jews, Believe IN the Word of God, but do not Believe the Word of God, is Jesus.
That is not unlike what OT men ie Hebrews/Jews believed.
Many of them also believed IN the Word of God, but had not been given the name Jesus.
That information, of Jesus' NAME, had been kept Secret from them.

OT men, WHO believed in the Word of God, were "showing" their belief, by and through obedience to the Law(s).
Thus, WHEN, they violated a LAW, it was a violation of "showing" their belief, and "they" had a method, for being "forgiven", of violating the LAW.

It is my understanding; that Believing Jews, this day, who still accept the Word of God, in the OT, but yet, do not accept the Name of Jesus, as the Word of God;
Do so, by showing their belief, by obedience to the LAW.

Thus, Never, is a man, saved, WITHOUT, belief, in God, in His Word.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes.

Yes - all love is God's kind of love; if it's not, then it's not really love at all; so if an unbeliever loves, then it is always God's kind of love.

Tricky question because we don't understand the spiritual realm and how God exactly interacts with our human spirit. My first inclination is to say yes but to qualify I would say the fullness of God's Spirit would still be available to the person. God offers a baptism in His Holy Spirit which is something a person does not have, and then after baptism, has. So while the Spirit of God may be inside of all people, there is still more of Him to be had (Ephesians 5:18 for example). Furthermore, I believe salvation is the joining of our spirit with His Spirit in a relational way. So while God's Spirit might be inside a person, until a person accepts the relational binding together, salvation is yet to happen for them.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Tricky question because we don't understand the spiritual realm and how God exactly interacts with our human spirit. My first inclination is to say yes but to qualify I would say the fullness of God's Spirit would still be available to the person. God offers a baptism in His Holy Spirit which is something a person does not have, and then after baptism, has. So while the Spirit of God may be inside of all people, there is still more of Him to be had (Ephesians 5:18 for example). Furthermore, I believe salvation is the joining of our spirit with His Spirit in a relational way.
So while God's Spirit might be inside a person, until a person accepts the relational binding together, salvation is yet to happen for them.

Disagree with "tricky" question, and would rather say the "understanding" is complex.
Humans, "understand" with their mind.
Gods "understanding" is Spiritual.
The "tricky" part, is for a man, to set aside his minds "understanding", and instead, "understand" scripture, according to Gods "understanding".

And THAT, is only accomplished, BY GOD GIVING a man "HIS" understanding.

Disagree with "salvation is yet to happen for them".
Once God forgives a mans sin - God Spirit indwells within a man - His Salvation HAS HAPPENED.

You are speaking more to FAITH. (as you say the relational binding together).
Agree, God is the GIVER of the measure of Faith.
It is the man who is told to SEEK.
Well, Gods Spirit IS within the man, meaning, Gods there, waiting for the man TO SEEK.
Which is your reference to the binding.

Some men, are content with their small measure of faith. They believe, Gods Spirit is within them, they are saved, they have forever life to look forward to. That does not change. They are content, with their mustard seed measure of faith and God is just as faithful to them, as one deep in faith.

Their Salvation is complete. Their Salvation is not in jeopardy.

However, some men are, similar to me, perhaps viewed, by men, as a pest, constantly, knocking on Christ's door, tell me this, show me that, what does this mean, how can I, tell me, show me, teach me, knock, knock, knock, hello, it's me again and again and again, Bless you Lord, thank you Lord. Tell me more, knock, knock, knock, today is a new day, my ears are ready to hear more. Thank you Lord, thank you, thank you.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How far does "all good things come from God" go, encompass so forth so on.
Well - FOREVER.

Or we can take Buzzlightyears catch phrase - "to infinity and beyond".

All good from what I read and understand is Him. For He also rains on the just and unjust. I see yes yes and no.

I see, yes, yes, yes, God is Just, everyone gets what they chose.

John 3:16.. no one is born from above until they believe. Then all things become new. Old man is passed off. New Spirit in us. Jesus said.. we being evil now how to give good gifts to our children. How much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask. So unbelievers do not can not have His spirit in them. Light can not share be apart with darkness. Its ALL Him or nothing.

Some men choose God, choose to stand with God, choose to believe, choose to be born of God....and God is Just, those men get what they chose.

Some men choose to reject God, choose to stand against God, choose to not believe, choose to not be born of God.....and God is Just, those men will be separated from what they chose to be separated from.

God is Just. There are no secrets. All is revealed. Consequences for a believer and consequences for an unbeliever are all openly revealed.

God is Merciful. Believing men are forgiven and shall live forever in a new life with the Lord. Unbelieving men, shall forever be without life, without the Lord, without consciousness to suffer their separation from God, after having seen and realized the truth.

God Bless,
SBC

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a friend I have known for 10 years. He stubbornly believes that when we die, that's it, we turn to dust, we don't continue - no God, no devil, no heaven, no hell. Yet, and I have told him this more than once, he is more Christlike than most every "Christian" I have ever known. His compassion, caring, kindness, love, selflessness is more genuine and ever present than some who claim to walk with Jesus.

Take that for what you will. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1..Yes

2. Yes, although, like Christians, not all the time.

3. Yes, Christ is the light that lighteth every man that come into the world.......and what you do the the least, you do to Him.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This question cant be answered without you giving your interpretation of faith and "being saved." What are you saved from?

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

1. Yes the bible mentions about 4 types of loves the only one unbelievers don't have is agape but they have eros/ companionship/ faily etc.

2. Only saved Christians do unbelievers don't dwell in agape love. 1 John 4:16 - And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him

3. No because the bible says to repent, and be baptixzed for the holy ghost and if someone doesn't believe why would they do that? ALso the bible says God will not dwell in an unclean temple and the bible says unbelievers have an evil heart. Also the bible says there isn't salvation in any name but the name of jesus so if someone doesn't believe in Jesus then how can they have the Holy Spirit.

Lastly the bible says we are born into sin not that we are born into Christ. The bible says we must be born again because we were well born in sin. We need to become a new creature in Christ Jesus so then we can be a component of the body of Christ., We aren't just born with the Spirit if so the world would of course be a much better place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@SBC

I think you misunderstood my post because you "disagreed" with things I wasn't actually saying.

I'll take another shot. I believe there are "levels" of connection to God. The weakest, or least relational, is His Spirit simply keeping us alive "In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind" (Job 12:10). These are those Who have His Spirit in them, but have not received the salvation-connection i.e. spirit to Spirit relationship. Second are those who are saved. These have a salvation-relational-connection spirit to Spirit. Third are those baptised in the Spirit. These are those who are completely immersed in His Spirit. Finally, there are those who are all of the above and continue to seek for even more God's Spirit. These can change the atmosphere and culture wherever they walk. People are invited into God's Presence without even saying a word.

Hopefully this clarifies. My point is, the unsaved person still has the Spirit of God in them.

Upvote 0

Everybodyknows

The good guys lost
Dec 19, 2016
Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2. Only saved Christians do unbelievers don't dwell in agape love.
Most parents, unbelievers included, would lay down their life to protect their children. We are told in the Bible that there is no greater love than to lay down your life for another. So in some sense at least I think unbelievers do have agape love.

Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0