Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
DHS and DOJ report: three out of four terrorist convicted in the US since 9/11 were foreign-born.
M-Bob

Trick - or - Treat ~ here's your visa.

Trick to America
Treat to Terrorists

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only 3 out of 4? I thought it would be higher.

That's three out of four that we should have never let in here. Course some just think that open borders would be a great thing. Oh how they have deceived themselves.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: SBC
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Only 3 out of 4? I thought it would be higher.
Depends on what you count as a terrorist act. If you were to count all mass shootings as an act of terrorism then the percentage of foreign would be way lower eg the mass shooting in Las Vegas. So itd be interesting to gauge here how people define terrorism

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's three out of four that we should have never let in here. Course some just think that open borders would be a great thing. Oh how they have deceived themselves.
M-Bob
Honestly, I'm wondering what they actually mean by "terrorst". Are they including things like Columbine and Sandy Hook? If so, that might explain it.

Fact is, we really don't have very many terrorist events in this country. And the number of deaths, as a percentage of the population, is pretty close to zero, though that doesn't give comfort to those who have lost a loved one.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Depends on what you count as a terrorist act. If you were to count all mass shootings as an act of terrorism then the percentage of foreign would be way lower eg the mass shooting in Las Vegas. So itd be interesting to gauge here how people define terrorism

The numbers given are for "international terrorism" as a category, and does not include "domestic terrorism".

So in that category are 254 non-citizens, 148 naturalized citizens, and 147 citizens by birth. I.e. more than half of all international terrorism convictions were US citizens. It's important to note that these convictions are not for actually actively being part of a terrorist action, but include things like expressing threats or support for such actions, or sending money to organizations involved in such activities. They also do not separate out terrorism specifically targeting the US vs. those extradited to the US to face charges on a variety of things.

It also suggests a reversal from a DHS report last year which found that, and this is a quote from the report, “country of citizenship is unlikely to be a reliable indicator of potential terrorist activity.”

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I'm wondering what they actually mean by "terrorst". Are they including things like Columbine and Sandy Hook? If so, that might explain it.

Nope. Only international terrorism. Domestic terrorism is not included in the numbers.

Fact is, we really don't have very many terrorist events in this country. And the number of deaths, as a percentage of the population, is pretty close to zero, though that doesn't give comfort to those who have lost a loved one.

171 fatalities since 9/11, not counting the 24 perpetrators who died during the attacks or their aftermath.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

This report is about convictions related to international terrorism. Domestic terror attacks are not included. It also includes people arrested on foreign soil and brought to the US for trial.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If I understand this correct, using a very specific, narrow definition of terrorism, 3/4 convictions are foreign born. Does this mean I can point to the 2012 NFL Playoffs to prove that Joe Flacco is the greatest quarterback of all time? I mean, using just the 2012 playoffs, no other quarterback led their team to the championship.

CASE. CLOSED.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I would say a terrorist is one who unlawfulling
Threatens and Harms, typically civilians, in an effort to gain political power.

Countries each have their own political systems of governance and can have disagreements between the Countries to the point of One Country making a declaration of war on the other Country.

Terrorists, are People, not countries.
People who form little secret groups, in numerous countries, plot and plan attacks on People, with a bigger goal in mind.

They may warn that they are going to attack,
But you never know when or where specifically. Thus their cowardly intent is to simply FOSTER FEAR into all the people of a nation.

People who FEAR the UNKNOWN,
Tend to cower, distrust everything and everyone. If counties, their Governing powers, the people of the countries, FEAR,

The goal is for Terrorists to become left alone, so THEY CAN OVERTAKE the TARGET they OPPOSE, bottom line,
their TARGET IS ISRAEL.

Columbine, Sandy Hook, and the likes...
Have nothing to do with a politically charged
Ideal, most IMPORTANTLY, such IDEAL, is that which is religiously motivated, to eradicate Israel.

God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope. Only international terrorism. Domestic terrorism is not included in the numbers.

171 fatalities since 9/11, not counting the 24 perpetrators who died during the attacks or their aftermath.
Three out of four international terrorists were not born in America. Next thing we’re going to look at is how many Mexicans were born in Mexico.

Upvote 0