Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Videos for two of the incidents of recent lightning.

Picture of golf ball after it was struck by lightning.

full

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?” (Job 37:15) (NIV).

“Dost thou know when God disposed them, and caused the light of his cloud to shine?” (Job 37:15) (KJB).

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven and sends it to the ends of the earth.” (Job 37:3) (NIV).

“He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.” (Job 37:3) (KJB).

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 97:4 NLT says,
“His lightning flashes out across the world. The earth sees and trembles.”

Psalms 97:4 KJB says,
“His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.”

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lightning also killed 74 in Rajasthan, India this past July 11th (Last Sunday).

Here is the video reporting it along with other recent disasters.

In other words, get ready people. Jesus is coming back.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟756,751.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The article stated that around 2000 people have been killed by lightning in India each year since 2005. This year's toll has been unusually high in a local sense, but most of the victims seem to be poor shepherds and farm labourers who cannot abandon the animals in their care even in Monsoon conditions. They have to stay out there and take the risk.

A lot of cattle have been killed too.

Meanwhile the rich are probably safe at home. I wouldn't be too quick to assume Christ is coming back soon due to a number of lightning strikes which killed a relatively small number of people in a nation of 1.3 billion people.

Another 46,000 Indians die each year from snakebite, but for the rest they're like the West, in that the leading cause of death is good old heart disease - about 18 million - nearly 50,000 each day.

The top 10 causes of death in India

Heart disease has remained the leading cause of death In India for more than two decades fuelled by unhealthy diets leading to high blood pressure and the buildup up blood fats (plaque) inside the walls of the arteries, inactivity, obesity and smoking.

Cardiovascular diseases

Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are a group of disorders of the heart and blood vessels, including coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, peripheral arterial disease, rheumatic heart disease, congenital heart disease, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. An estimated 17.9 million people died from CVDs in 2016, representing 31% of all global deaths. Of these deaths, 85% were due to heart attack and stroke.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The article stated that around 2000 people have been killed by lightning in India each year since 2005. This year's toll has been unusually high in a local sense, but most of the victims seem to be poor shepherds and farm labourers who cannot abandon the animals in their care even in Monsoon conditions. They have to stay out there and take the risk.

A lot of cattle have been killed too.

80% of the population believes in Hinduism. So they are not innocent.
The report also does not say how each one died.

You said:
Meanwhile the rich are probably safe at home. I wouldn't be too quick to assume Christ is coming back soon due to a number of lightning strikes which killed a relatively small number of people in a nation of 1.3 billion people.

So you think the lightning strikes are random? Do you even the read the Bible verses I put forth in this thread? Also, if you read the report, they said that these deaths were unsually high.

You said:
Another 46,000 Indians die each year from snakebite, but for the rest they're like the West, in that the leading cause of death is good old heart disease - about 18 million - nearly 50,000 each day.

The top 10 causes of death in India

Cardiovascular diseases

Nowhere did I deny the general causes of death for human beings on averages (Which are averages and not always the case for all regions of people and or cities).

In any case, you are not taking into the account the unusal acts of God.
You are also not believing that God is behind the lightning strike. Nobody can die or be harmed without God's approval. Your reply makes it look like all things happen randomly (Which is not the case).

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...So you think the lightning strikes are random? Do you even the read the Bible verses I put forth in this thread? ...You are also not believing that God is behind the lightning strike. Nobody can die or be harmed without God's approval. ...

When an historic Catholic Church housing a large soup kitchen for the homeless was struck by lightning and burned to the ground in my community, do you suppose God was mad at Christians in general, the Catholics specifically, or the homeless? Or maybe He just thought it was time for a kitchen upgrade because they built a new church with a more modern kitchen and the homeless ministry continues. It's hard to sort these things out. :scratch:

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When an historic Catholic Church housing a large soup kitchen for the homeless was struck by lightning and burned to the ground in my community, do you suppose God was mad at Christians in general, the Catholics specifically, or the homeless? Or maybe He just thought it was time for a kitchen upgrade because they built a new church with a more modern kitchen and the homeless ministry continues. It's hard to sort these things out. :scratch:

Yes. I would say so because I believe Catholicism is not biblical (or in line with what His Word says). Granted, I know that bad things can even befall saints but all things work together for good to those who love God. But generally sin is the problem and or God is trying to protect believers from doing wrong or to be humble, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's see, Catholics gave us the Bible but Catholicism is not Biblical? Got it. Hard to figure then, why the new church hasn't been struck yet?

You are imagining things. How can the Bible originate from a source whereby the Bible itself is not in favor of such practices? But we can agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You are imagining things. How can the Bible originate from a source whereby the Bible itself is not in favor of such practices? But we can agree to disagree.

You ignore history. Neither your church nor mine were around with the Council decided what texts were to be included in the Bible. It was the Catholic church as it existed at the time. It seems rather illogical that the Catholic Church would canonize scripture that made itself "non-Biblical."

I grow rather tired of Christian groups bashing each other on Christian Forums, but persist if you must.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You ignore history.

Everyone has their own version of history. But history is written by men who are fallible and who are influenced by the whims of other men. Many in the church treat history as if it was on the same level as the Bible and it's not. God's Word calls men out to be liars. So I frankly do not trust history written by men like I do the Bible. The Bible is God's inspired Holy Word.

Neither your church nor mine were around with the Council decided what texts were to be included in the Bible. It was the Catholic church as it existed at the time. It seems rather illogical that the Catholic Church would canonize scripture that made itself "non-Biblical."

Rome used to worship many gods. They even worshiped Ceasar. I define the worship of a god in the fact that you pray to that being (Regardless of whether one believes they are a God or not). So I don't believe Rome has changed.

You said:
I grow rather tired of Christian groups bashing each other on Christian Forums, but persist if you must.

If you knew a Christian did something you believed was wrong according to the Bible, it is not wrong to rebuke or correct them according to God's Word. It's not bashing if it is done in love and respect and by God's Spirit.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It seems rather illogical that the Catholic Church would canonize scripture that made itself "non-Biblical."
Agreed. They would chose what suited their agenda and then add to it with theology and restrictions, thus controlling the narrative. Might explain why the Gospel of the Kingdom was abandoned by the religion builders who had abandoned the Kingdom to region the institutions/governance of man and build their own kingdoms. God knew this is what the gentiles influenced by Roman tradition would do, and used it for His own purpose for forwarding scripture where the only truth lies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0