Do you see the four baptisms in the New Testament for the Kingdom Bride and Mystery Body of Christ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terral

Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
✟21,357.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Nolidad:

Thank you for writing on the Four Baptisms Topic. Again we have areas of disagreement. You wrote to Guojing:
You are misunderstanding the passage.

My view is that Guojing has things right and Nolidad has things backwards.
Let us look at the direct verses.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Peter was not announcing a near time, but a simple truth that WHEN the times of refreshing come and WHEN the times of restitution come.
No, and not even close. Try quoting Peter on the Day of Pentecost actually PREACHING repentance for the "forgiveness of sins" and the point Guojing is making will make perfect sense (for these readers):
"Therefore let all the house of Israel [Matt. 10:6] know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.” Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized (baptism #1 = Mark 1:4) in the name of Jesus Christ (baptism #2 = Matt. 28:19, Mark 16:15-16] for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (laying hands = #3)." Acts 2:36-38.

Peter is clearly preaching the "Gospel of the Kingdom" (#1 in my OP) like Philip in Acts 8:12-17 and Paul in Acts 19:1-6 all explained to you repeatedly for which you have no reply.
Only a preconceived bias says it is a reoffering of the kingdom that Jesus ceased preaching and told that that generation would not see the kingdom. So if this was a reoffering either Peter is lying or Jesus was lying.

No. As explained for your benefit many times in this thread, Peter is preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom in Acts 2:36-38 that includes repentance and water baptism for the forgiveness of sins," just like John the Baptist preached from the beginning in Mark 1:1-6 (4). And, what in the heck is going on with this "reoffering" statement? Peter, John, James and all the disciples preached the "Gospel of the Kingdom" all the days of their lives as "the gospel" only knowing about the "gospel I preach among the Gentiles" (Gal. 2:1+2) at the famous meeting in Jerusalem in Acts 15/Gal.2.

Paul characterizes the gospel he received by "a revelation of Jesus Christ" (Galatians 1:11-12) as the "gospel to the Uncircumcised" (Gal. 2:7) that anyone can determine has NOTHING to do with Israel! The fact is that many members here are mixing the two gospels (Gospel of the Kingdom and Gospel of the Grace of God) and two churches (Kingdom Bride and Mystery Body) together with no clue about the vast differences.

Many here are tossing kingdom doctrine and grace doctrine together into a single pot to take out what tastes good to them in direct violation of "rightly dividing" (cutting straight) the Word of Truth (2Tim. 2:15) behaving more like "babes-infants in Christ" (1Cor. 3:1-3) rather than the "mature" (1Cor. 2:6-8) showing you God's wisdom hidden very much in plain sight.

Blessings,

Terral

Upvote 0

Terral

Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
✟21,357.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Nolidad:

Thank you for writing on the Four Baptisms topic, even if you have made no case for much of anything. You wrote:
But what Philip preached is the gospel of the kingdom as Jesus and the apostles preached prior to the blasphemy of the Spirit in Matthew 12. And also Philip was preaching in Samaria not Israel proper- that is very important to know!

Nolidad! Are you listening to yourself? Running back to your pre-Matthew 12 ridiculous statements has nothing to do with what Philip is preaching in Acts 8, so stop with the "Israel proper" (LOL) nonsense. A lot has happened since Matthew 12 by the time we get to Acts 8 where Philip is preaching the "good news about the kingdom of God" (Acts 8:12) and baptizing in the name of the Lord Jesus. I am confident that you have heard of the Great Commission commands of Jesus Christ to His disciples. Right?
"And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel [gospel concerning the kingdom of God] to all creation [includes Samaria]. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned." Mark 16:15-16.

Philip is preaching the good news about the kingdom of God in Samaria where they are believing, being baptized in the name of the Son, and receiving the Holy Spirit (Peter and John vs. 17). The problem is that Nolidad has little knowledge of the "Gospel of the Kingdom" that Christ says MUST go to the whole world (Matt. 24:14), so he pretends that Paul's Gospel of the Grace of God is the ONLY GOSPEL in the New Testament. Will Nolidad accept the truth and stop peddling nonsense? No...
And again you fail to recognize that Philip was in Samaria and that they were not true Israelites and worshipped not at Temple Mount. These are important distinctions all need to know!

Nolidad! Please stop trying to direct traffic and try answering the many supported arguments being presented for your benefit. Attempting to suggest that I fail to recognize ... is ridiculous! You, sir, at the one with the blinders covering your entire head. Christ just told Philip (Great Commission commands) to take the Gospel of the Kingdom to the whole world and Samaria is on the way to the whole world. Where these people worship has nothing whatsoever to do with what Philip is preaching, as you can see clearly that they are receiving the Holy Spirit in Acts 8:17.
Jesus withdrew the offer of the kingdom to that generation of Israel. Why would he have them preach the kingdom again?

Nolidad! You saying that "Jesus withdrew the offer" has no basis in Biblical reality! Zero. Since you hold onto that false doctrine, then nobody can show you that Philip is clearly preaching the "good news concerning the kingdom of God" (Acts 8:12-17) that includes baptism in the name of Jesus and laying of hands for the Holy Spirit. You simply choose to believe in MYTHS (2Tim. 2:3-4) if a hundred members write supported clarifying statements to show you the difference. Asking silly questions like "Why would he... ANYTHING??" sets up a straw man argument, which weaker members use routinely when they HAVE NO CASE.
Just because the word kingdom appears, does not necessitate it means the same gospel preached by John the Baptist, Jesus and the 70! And Being baptized in Jesus name was not any part of teh kingdom gospel that was preached till Matt. 12.
Right, Nolidad. So, the "gospel concerning the good news of God" (Acts 8:12) is not the good news message called the "gospel of the kingdom" in Matthew 4:23 or Matthew 9:35. We should just close our eyes and dismiss the fact that Philip is preaching and baptizing in the name of Jesus and John-Peter are laying hands for the Holy Spirit in the passage, so we can run back and hide in pre-Matthew 12 times. No sir. Your side of this debate has no argument. You refuse to accept the truth laid out for your benefit and the benefit of these readers "and" you are doing your best to block the way to ensure nobody else sees the truth either.
Well you can quote your OP all you wish, but I will stay with Scripture. [snip Eph. 2:11-14]In Christ the two are made ONE! There is only one bride and one church!

No, Nolidad. You and Mathetes are making the same mistake in assuming that Paul's Gospel of the Grace of God (the "gospel" of the Pauline Epistles) is the ONLY good news message heralded in the New Testament. Neither of you understand the Two Gospels of the NT nor the Two Churches of the NT sufficiently to carry on a discussion, which means you cannot see the Three Kingdom Baptisms and our One Baptism for Christ's Body today. Quote Paul all day long if you wish, but the Gospel of the Kingdom is what John the Baptist, Christ and the Twelve preached in the Four Gospels, Acts and taught in the Kingdom Epistles of the NT.
As for Acts 19, Paul was speaking ot them of Jesus and the kingdom, but was not promising Jews a soon coming kingdom! He was pleading with them to enter the body of Christ. Anyone who accepts Christ is poart of one body, one bride, one church!

No. Paul was "preaching the kingdom" (Acts 20:25) to the "disciples" in Acts 19:1-6, which you cannot see any more than you can see Philip doing the same thing in Acts 8:12-17. The "Body of Christ" in the Pauline Epistles is a completely different "dispensation" (#3622 = household under different house rules) that Kingdom Disciples called to God via the Gospel of the Kingdom. The fact that Gentiles "and" Jews are added to Christ's Body for obeying the "Gospel of the Grace of God" does NOT place ALL JEWS (those obeying the Gospel of the Kingdom) into the same household. You think that the bride (Peter, John, James, Cornelius) and the body (Paul, Barnabas, Titus) are the same thing, when they ARE NOT (not even close). This explains why many areas of God's Living Word will always remain a mystery to you.

Blessings,

Terral

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus withdrew the kingdom to that generation to Israel. He is not going to reoffer it to the same generation three years later! Think on that!

And if Jesus knows what is going to happen- Him being God the Son, then it is predetermined, for he knows what will and will not take place! There are no surprises to him!

And we cannot choose HIm until God the Father drags us to Jesus!

In our natural state we will never choose Jesus nor want to!

Your last 2 sentences makes people think you are a reformed who believed in TULIP.

Is that true?

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My view is that Guojing has things right and Nolidad has things backwards.

As is your privilege. But then you h ave to play twister with many passages of Scripture.

No, and not even close. Try quoting Peter on the Day of Pentecost actually PREACHING repentance for the "forgiveness of sins" and the point Guojing is making will make perfect sense (for these readers):

And once again you are misunderstanding Peter. Preaching teh remission of sins by accepting zjesus as Messiah is the same gospel the gentiles hear! But preaching to Jews will of neccesity be different than how the gospel is presented to Gentiles!

Keeping that verse in its context shows He was preaching Jesus and not the promised kingdom! For if Peter preached the Kingdom he would have been disobedient to Jesus' command in Acts 1

Peter is clearly preaching the "Gospel of the Kingdom" (#1 in my OP) like Philip in Acts 8:12-17 and Paul in Acts 19:1-6 all explained to you repeatedly for which you have no reply.

Wrong again !

What meaneth this?

13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Context shows He was preaching Jesus, and not "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"

Paul characterizes the gospel he received by "a revelation of Jesus Christ" (Galatians 1:11-12) as the "gospel to the Uncircumcised" (Gal. 2:7) that anyone can determine has NOTHING to do with Israel! The fact is that many members here are mixing the two gospels (Gospel of the Kingdom and Gospel of the Grace of God) and two churches (Kingdom Bride and Mystery Body) together with no clue about the vast differences.

Wrong again!

Paul made clear there is only one church, one baptism, one body and one faith!

Teh gospel to the uncircumcised is the same as to the circumcised! That Jesus dies and physically rose from the dead for th eforgiveness of sins!

This conceptr of two churches, two brides, two gospels is just contrary to the Scriptures!

Forgetting history and culture has caused you to view scriptures with certain blinders on! Even today one must present christ different to religious Jews than they do to Gentiles. Different approaches with the same gospel.

Jews in this age become part of teh one church , the bride of Christ! They are not hearing the gospelof the kingdom.

When Christ walked the earth until Israel blasphemed the Holy Spirit, the gospel of the kingdom was going forth! Jesus came as the Jewish Messiah and if accepted would have brought the long prophesied kingdom to begin! But once rejected, if you bother to read- there was no more "Repent, the kingdom of heaven is at hand"! But the chruch was born and all who believed were added to the church of Jesus, not divided between two gospels and two churches. That goes against Scripture!

Ephesians 2:

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

This one passage simply proves you are mistaken by bad teaching!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your last 2 sentences makes people think you are a reformed who believed in TULIP.

Is that true?

Well using all the man made terms I am:

Pre mil
Pre trib
dispensational
literalist
5 pointer.

I became convinced that what people dub "TULIP" is sound biblical doctrine, based on the SCriptures and not by opinions.

I grew up in the roman Church, became a non-denominational believer, and then 23 years ago joined an independent local Baptist church!

I do not prescribe to any particular theology such as reformed or calvinist, but in the 46 years of being a follower of Jesus, formed my beliefs by study study. I looked at both sides and the biblical arguments made. Sometoimes I chose one over another, or sometimes came to a conclusion neither side presented.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I became convinced that what people dub "TULIP" is sound biblical doctrine, based on the SCriptures and not by opinions.

I grew up in the roman Church, became a non-denominational believer, and then 23 years ago joined an independent local Baptist church!

I do not prescribe to any particular theology such as reformed or calvinist, but in the 46 years of being a follower of Jesus, formed my beliefs by study study. I looked at both sides and the biblical arguments made. Sometoimes I chose one over another, or sometimes came to a conclusion neither side presented.

Thanks for confirming. Would you like to elaborate on what you meant when you stated

And we cannot choose HIm until God the Father drags us to Jesus!

In our natural state we will never choose Jesus nor want to!

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Teh gospel to the uncircumcised is the same as to the circumcised! That Jesus dies and physically rose from the dead for th eforgiveness of sins!

If you believed that to be true, then did the 12 preached that same gospel, that Jesus dies and physically rose from the dead for th eforgiveness of sins! during the 4 gospels, for example in Luke 9:6?

6 And they departed, and went throughout the villages, preaching the gospel, and healing everywhere.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for confirming. Would you like to elaborate on what you meant when you stated

Sure let me quote the one who said it:

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

We cannot come to Jesus unless the father draw us!

Draw is:

Transliteration
helkō
Pronunciation
he'l-kō αἱρέω (G138)
Greek Inflections of ἕλκω εἷλκον — 1x
εἵλκυσαν — 1x
εἵλκυσεν — 2x
ἕλκουσιν — 1x
ἑλκύσαι — 1x
ἑλκύσῃ — 1x
ἑλκύσω — 1x
Dictionary Aids
Vine's Expository Dictionary: xxi. σύρω, ἕλκω.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 8x
The KJV translates Strong's G1670 in the following manner: draw (8x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. to draw, drag off
    We can only come to Jesus if we are dragged by the father!
This is the same word used of when the apostles went back out fishing when Jesus told them to and there nets were so full they had to drag them in!

Why should we reject these words of Jesus??????????????????????????????

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you believed that to be true, then did the 12 preached that same gospel, that Jesus dies and physically rose from the dead for th eforgiveness of sins! during the 4 gospels, for example in Luke 9:6?

6 And they departed, and went throughout the villages, preaching the gospel, and healing everywhere.

I do believe it to be true! what you err in is that Luke 9:6 is when they were sent only to the house of Israel and preached the gospel of the kingdom or"REpent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"

That was the gospel for Irael and was preached only untilt the time of the events of Matthew 12, when the leaders committed the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and Jesus withdrew the offer of the kingdom to that generation of Israel.

No gospel went forth from that point until Pentecost! The gospels make that clear!

Once Pentecost came- then anyone who wished to be saved (Jew or Gentile) had to accept the death and physical resurrection of Jesus for their sins ( no matter how they presented that truth) and then as paul wrote:

Ephesians 2:

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Notice things like the two made one, one body,fellowcitizens, builded together! That means Jew and Gentile built into one body!

Ephesians 4:4-6 King James Version (KJV)
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

there are not two bodies, two churches, two gospels, but one!

Galatians 1:

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

But yet those who taught you this say there are two gospels, two bodies etc.

Paul has dire warnings for those!

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do believe it to be true! what you err in is that Luke 9:6 is when they were sent only to the house of Israel and preached the gospel of the kingdom or"REpent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"

That was the gospel for Irael and was preached only untilt the time of the events of Matthew 12, when the leaders committed the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, and Jesus withdrew the offer of the kingdom to that generation of Israel.

No gospel went forth from that point until Pentecost! The gospels make that clear!

Once Pentecost came- then anyone who wished to be saved (Jew or Gentile) had to accept the death and physical resurrection of Jesus for their sins ( no matter how they presented that truth) and then as paul wrote:

Ephesians 2:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Notice things like the two made one, one body,fellowcitizens, builded together! That means Jew and Gentile built into one body!

Ephesians 4:4-6 King James Version (KJV)
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

there are not two bodies, two churches, two gospels, but one!

Galatians 1:

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

But yet those who taught you this say there are two gospels, two bodies etc.

Paul has dire warnings for those!

So there was another gospel in the past, but now only
Paul gospel applies

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So there was another gospel in the past, but now only
Paul gospel applies

Prior to the events of Matthew 12- Jesus was proclaimed only as the Jewish Messiah- no gentiles were preached to! That is the gospel of the kingdom. After Israel rejected Jesus as Messiah- th edisciples no longer went out to preach that good news!

However after Pentecost the gospel of salvation was preached to both Jew and Gentile unbelievers.

There were several good news (gospels) preached, but only one by which both Jew and Gentile could be saved.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prior to the events of Matthew 12- Jesus was proclaimed only as the Jewish Messiah- no gentiles were preached to! That is the gospel of the kingdom. After Israel rejected Jesus as Messiah- th edisciples no longer went out to preach that good news!

However after Pentecost the gospel of salvation was preached to both Jew and Gentile unbelievers.

There were several good news (gospels) preached, but only one by which both Jew and Gentile could be saved.

yes of course, gentiles were excluded ever since Abraham until Paul

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yes of course, gentiles were excluded ever since Abraham until Paul

And through faith in Christ Jew and Gentile become one body, one church , one bride of Jesus.

Not two or three churches , two brides, two gospels.

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Prior to the events of Matthew 12- Jesus was proclaimed only as the Jewish Messiah- no gentiles were preached to!
Yet Paul told the Gentiles at Ephesus that Christ came and preached to them.

Ephesians 2:7 And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near.

Don't misunderstand me here. Christ never went to Ephesus and preached. Paul is saying that Christ came and preached to Gentiles as an ethnic group.

Upvote 0