Thread for Anti-Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who is anti-american, please post a comment here & identify yourself.

It seems there is confusion about who is Anti-American, and who is pro-American or neutral to America, but who is strongly opposed to an American invasion of Iraq.

Separate question.. Anyone who is not now anti-American but is likely to become so if Bush launches his planned invasion?

Hmmm.. No Anti-Americans yet. Maybe what was being confused for Anti-American sentiment was just vocal protest against an impending unprovoked war that America is likely to perpetrate in the near future? Does anyone consider this a possibility? Or does the sentiment being identified as "anti-American" have to do with other policies or actions unrelated to the coming invasion of Iraq?

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Anti-American, in many cases, = "doesn't agree with my opinion as to what America/Americans should do." It's sometimes like other epithets, like "anti-Christian." People get very protective of and attached to their opinions of a subject to the point where anyone who disagrees with them must be evil.

I did post something about this in an Iraq thread once, saying that I thought people on both sides of the issue had researched and made up their minds based upon what they thought the evidence was, and that the name calling and insults based upon ideological position should stop. That was the last post in the thread. Naively enough, I supposed maybe it was because people had listened to me. I'm sorry to hear that apparently, I was wrong.

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
Today at 07:09 PM strathyboy said this in Post #3 Define "anti-American".

Apprently not agreeing with certain personalities here is enough to be marked as Anti-American.

:rolleyes:

If someone has a problem with me because I don't support some war then they need to take it up with me in the open.

Upvote 0

Michael0701

Harley Ridin' Believer!!
Nov 13, 2002
Tax Free Delaware!!
Visit site
✟8,417.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Anyone who is anti-american, please post a comment here & identify yourself."

Jerry Smith,

And just how do you "label" yourself?

I would consider myself "pro-american" and support my presidents decision to attack Iraq if neccessary, but I'm not sure at what you are trying to get at.

Upvote 0
I'm pro-American & I don't support our Presidents decision to attack Iraq. I don't include the "if necessary" part because I have seen no indication that an attack is necessary or could readily become that way. I also think that the decision has already been made, so that it isn't a matter of the President deciding to attack "if necessary".. it's a matter of the President having decided to attack.

I'll explain more about why I started this thread in a little while.

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This thread is so anti-edifying it defies reason.  I'm going to temporarily close this thread and consult with the other Moderators.  If they decide it should remain open, then either I, or one of them will come back and open it.

Surely there's a different news item that is more worthy than this. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.