• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Thread closed

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by power1, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Nithavela

Nithavela Cool catchphrase goes here

+15,755
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    "Ourselves" being mostly the boomers.

2. power1

power1 Member

+77
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Part of the problem is those that think of people as animals. If we think of people as created by God on a planet created by God and Who will supply if we ask Him, we become important.

3. power1

power1 Member

+77
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    So where do you draw the line? Some people might think releasing a bio weapon to cull the population is fine. Others think killing tens of millions of babies a year is wonderful. Etc. If you recommend suicide for some, and helping them do it, is that not playing god?

4. power1

power1 Member

+77
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Something against babies born in a particular decade?

5. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,552
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    So that is a yes then.

6. Nithavela

+15,755
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I'm not recommending suicide to anyone. Just advocating for people to be able to make that choice for themselves, without any outside pressure one way or the other.

7. Nithavela

+15,755
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I despise everyone equally.

8. Paulos23

+3,552
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    You clearly want to color the discussion one way and are not even interested in defining your definitions to make them understandable or even consider other options.

You do not seem to be an honest interocular.

9. jayem

jayem Naturalist

+5,907
    Atheist
    Married
    Doesn't God expect us to be good stewards of our planet? Do you think God is pleased when our greed, covetousness, and self-indulgence results in environmental pollution and the extinction of God's other creations?

10. power1

power1 Member

+77
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Murder seems to concern that which is already alive. When people fight God's gifts of children before they are conceived, there is probably another word for that.

11. power1

power1 Member

+77
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    So they would be committing suicide, no? You would be aiding and abetting, no?

12. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+9,386
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    My worldview comes from a heart of compassion. If we do not do something about overpopulation we're going to bring about a whole lot of suffering and death regardless. Personally I think it is better for some to never be born rather than endure a life of poverty, misery and indignity.

Don't worry though, I doubt we'll do anything about the problem. Too many sacred cows from both the left and the right of the political spectrum. Also just the main biological desire we have to breed.

13. power1

power1 Member

+77
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    OK

14. Nithavela

+15,755
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I don't know what you mean with "aiding and abetting" in this case.

15. power1

power1 Member

+77
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Your inability to see the colour of a discussion does not mean someone coloured it.

16. power1

power1 Member

+77
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Well, if an old lady was in a bed and didn't have the courage to kill herself, or was too weak or some such, and someone walks in and shoots her, is that not helping her commit suicide?

17. power1

power1 Member

+77
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    He knows we are all sinners. Man cannot and will not save himself or the planet, period. It is wonderful to try and not litter, and etc etc. That will not save us.

18. Nithavela

+15,755
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    If she didn't have the courage (whatever that means), killing her would be murder. If she didn't have the mental capacity to decide on suicide, the same.

You don't actually need a lot of strength to commit suicide. There are currently "suicide machines" were one only has to press a button to have the deadly drug injected.

19. Paulos23

+3,552
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    So you are against contraception or "safe sex" then.

Sorry, you're not winning me over here, you need to be more honest with your position. It seems you want everyone to be happy for every baby that comes along and not to stop them from coming.

Given the number of people on the planet and our trouble feeding and caring for them all, this does not seem like a good plan.

20. power1

power1 Member

+77
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    So let me get this straight. The baby sacrifice is OK as long as it is done for a good cause?

Too bad what you think. If God sends babies then obviously He must think something else. If you were a farmer and had a sheep pen that could no longer hold the sheep, what would you do? Probably get a bigger pen, no? The pen of planet earth was created in a day by God. If it gets too full, how would that be any problem at all for Him? Man just wants to play god.

God commanded man and animals to multiply. Some people use 'breed' as a bad word.