• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Thousands of vaccinated people sick, dozens dead

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Aldebaran, Apr 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,828
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    And I'm asking so little here. Just a basic consumer level grasp of statistics would be good.

2. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+2,465
    Christian
    Married
    That's the problem with statistics.... you can make them do whatever you want.
    I suspect there's a whole lot of unreported deaths that can't be proven to be from the vaccine.

3. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,717
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    Cases are rapidly dropping in countries with successful vaccination rollout. Look at the UK and Israel for example.

Arguing against the vaccine because it isn't 100% is ridiculous. Few things in life are 100%. Your seat belt isn't going to save you every time, would you stop wearing that?

4. IntriKate

IntriKate Active Member

+291
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    I guess many deaths from the vaccines will conveniently bypass being linked to make the vaccines seem safer unlike most so called covid deaths where many were entwined with other illnesses.

5. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,828
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    That only works on people who dont understand them. Which unfortunately is a lot of people.

"I suspect" is worth nothing.

6. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+4,377
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Profoundly misleading, naturally.

77 million people have been vaccinated! Let me be fair and assume that, since reports of cases lag reports of vaccinations, that the real number for the purpose of this discussion is lower, say 50 million.

Now when did my "guzintas" in elementary school, 5800 "guzinta" 50 million about 10,000 times.

In other words one in ten thousand vaccinated persons has gotten Covid, at least as reported.

The real number is probably higher, but the point is that you continue your pattern of misrepresenting the facts.

7. expos4ever

+4,377
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    You "guess"?

8. RestoreTheJoy

RestoreTheJoy Well-Known Member Supporter

+986
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    This is concerning. We are barely into this, having only been giving these vaccines at great rates for a few weeks.

9. expos4ever

+4,377
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Only if the audience is not competent to evaluate them.

I am quite certain that there are indeed cases where the vaccine is factually responsible for a death, and that this cannot be "proven". As a result, and if this was the only source of error, the vaccine would not actually be as safe as it is reported to be.

Let me now address the obvious: why are you not also mentioning the fact that there will be unreported Covid-related deaths. And that there will be cases where a death is erroneously connected to the vaccine?

Surely I am not the only one who recognizes a pattern here: opponents to the vaccine very often ignore many of the dimensions of this issue and selectively focus on those dimensions that endorse their fears about the vaccine.

Pro-vaccination types may do this as well.

Everyone has to play fair - you have to look at all relevant aspects. In this case, you have to address all possible things that might be under-reported.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+2,153
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Your former colony! :D

PS: Can we come back?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+6,261
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Maybe we can arrange a trade. They could give us Scotland, maybe -- the Scots don't seem too excited about the UK post-Brexit. And I'm sure we could come up with a few states to send them in return.

12. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+10,928
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    C'mon man you can't take away the assumptions and insinuations. It's like kicking away some poor guy's crutch.

13. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+10,928
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Vermont. Is that a state? Where the ice cream is made.

14. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+20,639
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    No, those are reports. It is not acknowledged that the vaccine had anything to do with the deaths.

15. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+6,261
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Vermont is a state, but I don't see Vermonters getting on at all well with the current UK government. I think it would have to be states that voted for Trump, since they'd get along much better with Boris Johnson. We could throw in Manitoba -- it's not strictly speaking ours, but the Canadians don't seem to be using it for anything at the moment.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. renniks

+2,465
    Christian
    Married
    Only they don't play fair, anyone that tested positive is said to have died of covid, even if there were multiple other factors involved. But if someone dies after taking the vaccine, it's not counted as being the fault of the vaccine in most cases.

17. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,996
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Sigh.

18. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+6,261
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You do realize that there are people who do this for a living, right? Decide how dangerous diseases are, and how they're spreading, and how they can be stopped, and how safe vaccines are? And you know they're not paid by pharmaceutical companies, right? Do you have any idea how public health actually works?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • List
  19. expos4ever

+4,377
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Can you support this assertion with actual evidence from a credible source?

You are implying that deaths that are factually attributable to the vaccine are being ignored.

Again, do you have any evidence?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. renniks

+2,465
    Christian
    Married
    You mean like Fauci? The highest paid employee in the federal government?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.