FL
✟11,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are well over dozens dead from vaccines. The fact that vaccine deaths are drastically and severely under reported because doctors who are paid and given information about them by the pharma companies that make them are told and taught that that doesn't happen. Go review the vaccine compensation court cases for more info.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fact that vaccine deaths are drastically and severely under reported because doctors who are paid and given information about them by the pharma companies that make them are told and taught that that doesn't happen
Please present your evidence that there is such deception.

And telling us to find it ourselves is unacceptable - your claim, your obligation to present the evidence.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My apologies. Meant sincerely. I always try to answer any question put to me. That I haven't answered yours wasn't intentional. Would you mind repeating it? I've looked but can't find it.

You quoted my question in post #286.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I wonder how many people in the US are not going to get the vaccine?

I want to look at this from two points of view. First a Christian point of view. Scripture does tell us to put others welfare over our own.

Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.

In this case of vaccines I think it would be fulfilling this scriptural admonishment as well as others, to get the vaccine. Showing concern for our neighbors as individuals is definitely a scriptural teaching. I would encourage all believers to follow this admonishment. If we are more concerned over our own well being than out neighbors it does not fulfill this scripture. Unless we can show that scripture teaches that our own welfare should come first then I'm afraid that out arguments against getting the vaccine fall short of the teaching in scripture.

Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.” For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

So it would seem we believers should get the vaccine for our neighbors inspite of our fears and have some faith in God. That's my opinion which I believe is backed by scripture. But as always I don't believe that applies to non-believers. They cannot be expected to follow scriptural admonishments that are meant for believers.

Secondly is the is the governmental aspect of this. Requirements by government. This is a totally secular argument and has nothing to do with religion. Should the Federal government mandate vaccines, masks, social distancing etc. I don't believe so. Not in America. Why? Cause America is built on the freedom of the individual. Our individual freedoms are pretty paramount in the constitution. So I would say the Federal government should not mandate vaccines or masks. I do think there may be a case made for individual states requiring it.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,663.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You quoted my question in post #286.

Oh, c'mon. In the first instance, it wasn't a question asked of me (but to KC). In the second, it was obviously asked rhetorically. And thirdly, I quoted it to point out this tendency for some to class anyone with some authority or expert knowledge as an 'elitist'. You may as well hang a sign on your door saying 'conspiracy theories welcome'.

Apart from that...if your definition of an elitist is someone with more knowledge than you (I'll avoid the obvious but well justified dig at this point), then the answer is a definite yes.

And next time, I'd appreciate you not accusing me of avoiding any questions.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There are well over dozens dead from vaccines.

And millions dead from the virus.

The fact that vaccine deaths are drastically and severely under reported because doctors who are paid and given information about them by the pharma companies that make them are told and taught that that doesn't happen.

All of that is false.

Go review the vaccine compensation court cases for more info.

I did. There isn't a single item in those cases to support your fantasy.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont know why Christians attack each other. That was a pretty smart comment to me. Of course I know you can't trust EVERYTHING...but some people do have a truthful voice on SM.
The question is, ... how can you tell who is authoritative on any subject ???

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying we should only listen to the elitists?
Obviously, people can listen to anyone they want, ... but I would think that you do want your subject matter experts to have some type of credentials ...

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This!!!!!! Thank you! Individual people have a voice on social media. You can't the the word out unless you are on some kind of social media. You sure can't do it on TV. With that being said..you can't trust everyone...but some people do spread the truth of what's going on.
Once again ... how can you tell ???

It is reasonable to conclude that in a context where ANYONE can say ANYTHING, ... people will listen to those whose message resonates with their own preconceptions.

One of the great efforts of the digital age ... will be learning how to separate the WHEAT from the CHAFF in social messaging. We're not there yet.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It explains why the social media platforms are now clamping down on free speech there. Once they shut out conservative voices while providing a free pass to everyone else, they control the voice of the people.
I would argue that one shouldn't be depending on social media (where anybody can say anything) ... to ascertain truth.

You may not like it, ... but credentialing might be a way to separate the wheat from the chaff ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are well over dozens dead from vaccines. The fact that vaccine deaths are drastically and severely under reported because doctors who are paid and given information about them by the pharma companies that make them are told and taught that that doesn't happen. Go review the vaccine compensation court cases for more info.
How long ago ???

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many people in the US are not going to get the vaccine?

I want to look at this from two points of view. First a Christian point of view. Scripture does tell us to put others welfare over our own.

Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.

In this case of vaccines I think it would be fulfilling this scriptural admonishment as well as others, to get the vaccine. Showing concern for our neighbors as individuals is definitely a scriptural teaching. I would encourage all believers to follow this admonishment. If we are more concerned over our own well being than out neighbors it does not fulfill this scripture. Unless we can show that scripture teaches that our own welfare should come first then I'm afraid that out arguments against getting the vaccine fall short of the teaching in scripture.

Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.” For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

So it would seem we believers should get the vaccine for our neighbors inspite of our fears and have some faith in God. That's my opinion which I believe is backed by scripture. But as always I don't believe that applies to non-believers. They cannot be expected to follow scriptural admonishments that are meant for believers.

Secondly is the is the governmental aspect of this. Requirements by government. This is a totally secular argument and has nothing to do with religion. Should the Federal government mandate vaccines, masks, social distancing etc. I don't believe so. Not in America. Why? Cause America is built on the freedom of the individual. Our individual freedoms are pretty paramount in the constitution. So I would say the Federal government should not mandate vaccines or masks. I do think there may be a case made for individual states requiring it.
So far, the federal government has not mandated mask-wearing ... or vaccines. So far, ... so good.

But I think that governmental responsibility might be different if, say, ... the infection and death rate were more like 10 times what it is today.

My thought is that ENOUGH Americans will take the vaccine ... to stem the tide of infection, ... some, once they see that its no different than taking a flu shot.

Hopefully, that way we can avoid COVID 23 ...

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm going well on my Right Wing Bingo game.

Social media restricting conservative voices? Tick.
Anecdotal musings posted as evidence? Tick.
Main media outlets lying to us? Tick.
Classing experts as 'elitists'? Tick.

One more for a line! Something nonsensical about Fauci or Biden will do it. Any comment you want to make about Bill Gates?
My 5G reception is way better now that I've gotten my second vaccine. Heard the same from other non-"elitists" on social media.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I dont know why Christians attack each other.

Probably because Christianity doesn't provide a useful way of discerning the truth of claims about reality. But that's kinda off topic here.

That was a pretty smart comment to me. Of course I know you can't trust EVERYTHING...but some people do have a truthful voice on SM.

Sure, but the easiest way to figure out if they are being truthful about medical facts is to look at actual medical research.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Astroqualia

Born-again Truthseeker
Feb 5, 2019
FL
✟11,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Irrelevant.

I had asked for evidence of under-reporting of vaccine side-effects. This does not provide any such evidence.
What you're asking for is akin to wanting to know how many cases of suicides were falsely called suicides, when in fact they were murders. We cannot know that because of the way the information is cataloged. It's cataloged as a final answer to the inquiry. But by studying the individual cases and testimonies of involved folks, you then know something is wrong with what we are told.

Evidence can be made by authority that has no semblance of truth in reality. That is a fact. It's simple ignorance to refuse to acknowledge that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.