• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Thousands of vaccinated people sick, dozens dead

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Aldebaran, Apr 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+4,377
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    More misrepresentation - you (and everyone else) knows that I am simply "attacking" the systematic lying we see here.

Guilty as charged.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,922
    Non-Denom
    Single
    A lie is the telling of information that the person who tells it knows it to be untrue at the time he tells it.

3. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+4,033
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I believe that you could.
    You’ve certainly have had your share of...”choice” (I’ll go with), flames, directed at you, to deal with.
    I salute your thick skin!

4. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,440
    Christian
    Married
    Thank God ...

5. A_Thinker

+7,440
    Christian
    Married
    Fortunately, the news is not quite so dire.

Advances have been made in conquering and mitigating many of the various forms of cancer to this date. This has come about through the same medical research that enables us to live almost twice the lifetimes that our forefathers did.

Cancer killed my grandfather ... and grand-uncle.

My dad, uncle, brother and niece have all had cancer and survived.

It is no longer an absolute death sentence ... thanks, largely, to medical research.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. A_Thinker

+7,440
    Christian
    Married
    This is one I didn't catch.

You can't watch CNN or MSNBC without seeing the daily numbers.

Likely, NBC, CBS, ABC, and CNBC, as well.

FOX, OAN, NewsMax, ... I couldn't say ... but I do recall that they were trying to convince us that COVID was a hoax at one time ...

7. A_Thinker

+7,440
    Christian
    Married
    Well ... thousands of Americans were dying every day.

I guess that's a legitimate reason ...

8. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+6,259
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I care because many of those who are choosing not be vaccinated will die or be seriously hurt; I don't want others to be hurt even if it's because they made a poorly informed choice. I care because many of those choosing not to be vaccinated will infect others who couldn't be vaccinated, or for whom the vaccine didn't work, and so will contribute to the suffering and death of others. I care because the more people who aren't vaccinated, the more likely the virus will be to mutate into yet more dangerous forms, causing yet more suffering and death.

In short, how could any compassionate -- or even self-interested -- person not care?

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+3,095
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    yep. "They haven't cured cancer" is a silly argument. Because:

A.) There isn't one "cancer". There's a ton of types of cancer caused by different things. You're not going to find a single cure for "cancer".
    B.) There's, as you mentioned, treatments for cancer available today that do allow people to be cancer free or otherwise control it so they can live long, full lives rather than dying.

My aunt, who just went through cancer treatment, and so far it looks like the cancer is gone, would have died within a year or two had she gotten this cancer 20 years ago.

10. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,447
    Atheist
    Private
    Oh, well, if it is on social media...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,922
    Non-Denom
    Single
    That's where individual people (like you and me) can actually have a voice, at least for the moment. Someday, only the elites (experts and government sources) will be heard. Meanwhile, we should voluntarily ignore individuals.

12. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+10,887
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    How did we ever survive before the internet -- or 24 talking heads on cable TV telling people what they want to hear?

Guess that was before your time...

13. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,447
    Atheist
    Private
    Yes. It is fraught with peril for people who don't understand the different between unconfirmed anecdotes and actual research.

14. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+4,377
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    There were some CFers who taught
    "The-vaccine-your-blood-surely-will-clot"
    But Covid disease
    more likely will tease
    Your blood platelets into a knot.

Reference:
    Covid-19 is associated with a far greater risk of cerebral venous thrombosis than the vaccinations that protect against it, early research from the University of Oxford has shown

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  15. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    This!!!!!! Thank you! Individual people have a voice on social media. You can't the the word out unless you are on some kind of social media. You sure can't do it on TV. With that being said..you can't trust everyone...but some people do spread the truth of what's going on.

16. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    I dont know why Christians attack each other. That was a pretty smart comment to me. Of course I know you can't trust EVERYTHING...but some people do have a truthful voice on SM.

17. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+3,132
    Methodist
    There are currently 583000 deaths of American citizens attributed to COVID-19 - given that half of the nation have been vaccinated at least once, 5,800 of them have tested positive and 74 died!

Apparently this thread is based on the misguided assumption that these COVID-19 vaccines claimed to be 100% effective - it is to be expected that 5-10% of those vaccinated will not become immune!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  18. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,922
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Are you saying we should only listen to the elitists?

19. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,922
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It explains why the social media platforms are now clamping down on free speech there. Once they shut out conservative voices while providing a free pass to everyone else, they control the voice of the people.

20. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,922
    Non-Denom
    Single
    The virus had a head start on the vaccine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.