Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The way if seems to me is people are being led like lambs to the slaughter (by taking the vaccines) and I put that down as plural for most of them you need more than one shot, or # 2 they're wise people getting on board the lifeboats like in the Titanic and the silly people won't do so because it's a long way down to the water and it's dark down there. You do know a lot of the lifeboats with the Titanic were half full?

And when I say lambs led to the slaughter don't think I'm not aware that millions have already taken a vaccine with no ill effects. Everybody knows that albeit small numbers have. Those concerned are talking about possible future effects. I'm willing to consider that like a small number of people could get side effects from taking anything. Look at drug commercials....70% of their ads are about if you have this side effect or that.......so I'm thinking if we're going to have paranoia then we need to have it about everything. Not sure that's where we want to go.

A question I have though is this. Seeing it's a given that let's say even a small number of vaccinated people may have a serious reaction.....does anyone want to have it on their conscience that they encouraged one to be vaccinated? Even with drugs I don't want to be telling people YES you should take Drug A and forget all that nonsense of concern. What if for them it turns out they had every right to be concerned that it did effect them negatively. Just curious how some of you would deal with that with your conscience if you told them to do it?

I'm very much trying to understand whether concerns are justified or not. What causes potential concern is that many health care professionals won't take a vaccine.
Some healthcare workers refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

If I'm reading this right it says the numbers can be as high as 40%. Look these people are in the business. If they have concerns....why shouldn't the average lay man who doesn't understand these things. Are all these health care professionals wrong? Not saying they aren't but just wondering.
Exactly. What do they know that we dont?

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So ... you wouldn't have taken the smallpox vaccine when people were dying of smallpox, ... or the polio vaccine when people were dying of polio ???

Thank God for people who are naive enough to be human guinea pigs ...
I would've been glad to get those. Those are actual vaccines! Where they put a small amount of the live virus in you and you fight it building immunity. This vaccine is not like that! Yeah more power to the human guinea pigs. If you are one good for you, but respect that not everyone is so eager to trust this thing at face value.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Any particular reason why the COVID vaccine is the deal-breaker for you ???
Any particular reason why you care so much? If you are vaccinated, don't worry about it.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You'll have a problem standing up for your rights when it comes to seat belts.
What are you talking about? Wearing a seat belt is the law, not an option and Im not putting a seat belt inside my body.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,400.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Since they have been searching for a cure for cancer for over 50 years and haven't found one, what's my doctor going to do for me? He doesn't have a clue. Whats he going to tell me? How I can make myself disgustingly sick so I can shorten the quality of life I have left, lose all my hair and then die miserably anyways? That doesn't sound like advice I want to follow. How sound is medicine? Google malpractice attorneys in your area, there are tons of them. Why? Because doctors get it wrong all the time and need to be held accountable.

So you take no meds when you're sick? I wish I had your constitution! Stay well ('cos you'll be in serious trouble if you get sick).

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Any particular reason why you care so much? If you are vaccinated, don't worry about it.
Please stop with the dishonesty - you cannot possibly not know that the vaccine does not provide 100% protection. So your poor choices are very much my business.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,400.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about? Wearing a seat belt is the law, not an option and Im not putting a seat belt inside my body.

At least you know how it works.

But it doesn't have the same ring about it now you've said that:

'I will fight to my dying breath for my rights (as long as I'm not legally bound to do otherwise by any rule or law determined by a recognised authority applicable in the relevant jurisdiction at the time )'.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can you name one post - any post - in this thread where you are not spreading misinformation?

Any post will suffice - just tell us the post number.

Post #236

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Please stop with the dishonesty - you cannot possibly not know that the vaccine does not provide 100% protection. So your poor choices are very much my business.

That's the type of logic that leads to "And therefore, I get to tell you how to live your life!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Post #236
Nope. Post 236 does provide misinformation.

You had previously told a falsehood when you characterized the situation as one of personal choice: "my body, my choice". You know full well your poor choices hurt others.

And I called you out on it.

Let us not pretend that this is anything other than a deliberate misrepresentation of the truth on your part. So when I called you on it, to then bring in some obscure and irrelevant quote about a sinister plot on the part of "the left" is, of course, a misrepresentation.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

1) The vaccine is 90% effective so there is a chance you could still infect me. 2) Not all of my friends and family are vaccinated so you absolutely could infect them. And 3) each person this disease infects gives it another chance to mutate a way around the vaccine and we would get to live like this for another year. Did you enjoy this past year because I sure didn’t. You are not an island, you live in a society and part of living in a society is having a responsibility to contribute to the pursuit of good public health.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Those are just the numbers being acknowledged and reported. It ignores instances of people dying after getting the shots where any link between them is denied.
I used a computer program to generate a random number between 1 and 250 (the approximate number of posts in this thread). I then searched for the post from you that is closest to that random number. As it turned out, the random number was 6 and the above is post 6 (from you).

As I suspected, it bends the truth - you assert, without evidence, that people are covering up a connection between the vaccine and deaths.

So there we have it - a randomly selected post of yours contain misleading information - what a shock.

Why don't you try now - pick one of my posts at random and explain to us how I am bending the truth or misleading readers.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nope. Post 236 does provide misinformation.

Yet you fail to illustrate your claim, which makes your claim an empty one.

You had previously told a falsehood when you characterized the situation as one of personal choice: "my body, my choice". You know full well your poor choices hurt others.

Another empty claim. That's strike two.

And I called you out on it.

Making an assertion is simply stating your own views which hold no more weight than anyone else's.

Let us not pretend that this is anything other than a deliberate misrepresentation of the truth on your part. So when I called you on it, to then bring in some obscure and irrelevant quote about a sinister plot on the part of "the left" is, of course, a misrepresentation.

Is that your humble opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used a computer program to generate a random number between 1 and 250 (the approximate number of posts in this thread). I then searched for the post from you that is closest to that random number. As it turned out, the random number was 6 and the above is post 6 (from you).

As I suspected, it bends the truth - you assert, without evidence, that people are covering up a connection between the vaccine and deaths.

So there we have it - a randomly selected post of yours contain misleading information - what a shock.

Why don't you try now - pick one of my posts at random and explain to us how I am bending the truth or misleading readers.

I could do even better and pick even more posts where you violate the rules of this website by flaming people. Would you like for me to quote some of those for you?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is that your humble opinion?
No, it is demonstrably the case that you persistently post things that range from misleading to outright falsehoods.

Here is another entirely randomly selected post of yours:

Numbers change depending on who is publishing them, and who benefits from them. That's why the number of times we see new covid cases and death numbers hardly reported on the news now that joe is president.

The first sentence is misleading at best, an outright falsehood at worst - you know darn well that this is not a situation where numbers are substantially driven by "who benefits". There may be a small effect here, but only a small one.

Two randomly selected posts - two examples of playing fast and loose with the truth.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I could do even better and pick even more posts where you violate the rules of this website by flaming people. Would you like for me to quote some of those for you?
I heartily agree that I "flame" - no argument from me. If you (or someone) wants to run to daddy and report me, be my guest.

While I respect that the mods are in an impossible position, it is fundamentally not right that dangerous falsehoods propagate like rabbits here. Let me be clear: I think the mods cannot do anything about this without suppressing legitimate freedom of speech.

But you should be able to play your part - stop spreading falsehoods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, it is demonstrably the case that you persistently post things that range from misleading to outright falsehoods.

Here is another entirely randomly selected post of yours:

Numbers change depending on who is publishing them, and who benefits from them. That's why the number of times we see new covid cases and death numbers hardly reported on the news now that joe is president.

The first sentence is misleading at best, an outright falsehood at worst - you know darn well that this is not a situation where numbers are substantially driven by "who benefits". There may be a small effect here, but only a small one.

This is also another of those occasions where you make an accusation against me without even coming up with evidence to back it up other than to say that I "know darn well....". That's proof of nothing.

Two randomly selected posts - two examples of playing fast and loose with the truth.

And just another example of assuming you're right, just because....

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I heartily agree that I "flame" - no argument from me. If you (or someone) wants to run to daddy and report me, be my guest.

While I respect that the mods are in an impossible position, it is fundamentally not right that dangerous falsehoods propagate like rabbits here. Let me be clear: I think the mods cannot do anything about this without suppressing legitimate freedom of speech.

But you should be able to play your part - stop spreading falsehoods.

If you have a valid rebuttal to anything I say, then go ahead and present it. That's what it means to have a discussion. If you're more interested in personally attacking people because you don't agree with something they say, then you're in the wrong place.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.