• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Thousands of vaccinated people sick, dozens dead

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Aldebaran, Apr 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IntriKate

IntriKate Active Member

+290
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    Among the many things already said against it, most though not all resonates with me. Everything inside me is telling me not to take it. I wont be doing a back and forth to explain to someone who means nothing to me, it is what it is. While I still have some freedoms left that is my choice to refrain from taking it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,440
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you for giving me your true perspective on this ...

3. Bradskii

Bradskii Well-Known Member

+457
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    If you had, God forbid, cancer, would you doubt the best advice your doctors might give you? If your child was sick, wouldn't you take her to the hospital because that's where she'd get the best help? Do you ignore medical advice on a regular basis? I hope you're not one of these people who do not wear a seat belt and demand the right to exit your vehicle via the windscreen should the opportunity present itself.

4. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+4,377
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I understand where you are coming from, but this headline is misleading, I believe.

Here are two snippets I found that are arguably relevant here:

Research conducted in Israel suggests that, while the majority of healthcare workers there intend to accept a coronavirus vaccine, around 22% of doctors and 39% of nurses are hesitant, meaning they are either undecided or unlikely to accept a vaccine.

The surveys also suggest that vaccine hesitancy may vary by profession. As well as showing that doctors are more likely to accept a vaccine than nurses, research suggests that acceptance rates will be higher among healthcare staff who have been directly involved in caring for coronavirus patients. Of these staff, 94% indicated that they would accept a vaccine.

About the first para: I politely suggest that while nurses have my undying respect and gratitude, they are not as well-qualified to assess the value of the vaccine as doctors. And, as you see, doctors are much less hesitant.

About the 2nd part: I suggest the 94% figure is indeed telling - these are people who have seen first-hand what covid can do.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Bradskii

Bradskii Well-Known Member

+457
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    In passing, with the death toll in the States at well over a half a million, a headline that reads 'dozens dead' even just a few months back would have had people claiming a miracle.

6. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+6,259
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I'm not particularly interested in going through everything that was wrong in it. Is there some part of it that you think was correct?

Take the first sentence: 'COVID-19 is an aggressive variant...': No, COVID-19 is a disease caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2; it's not a variant of anything. '...of a SARS-COVID strain...': Again, there's no such thing as 'SARS-COVID' strain. '...discovered in the late 1980s...': The virus that causes SARS (SARS-CoV) was discovered in 2003. What virus from the 1980s is meant here I have no idea. '...with first animal-to-human transmission in the early 1990s...': There are 7 coronaviruses known to infect humans. Four cause mild illness (colds, basically) and have been around since long before the 1980s. The other three cause severe diseases, SARS, MERS, and COVID-19; their first known appearances in humans were in 2003, 2012, and 2019, respectively. '...with rapidizing transmission occurring through tainted food and close contact to pests in 2010...': Again, this has no connection to any event I've heard of in viral epidemiology.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • List
  7. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+2,133
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Yeah I know, at least we're getting things under control. If we could now cut out the mass shootings, I'd be happy.

8. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+10,887
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I have not problem encouraging a loved one to get the vaccine. If one objectively evaluates the risks and the data - complications from COVID vs complications from the vaccine - there simply is no question on what is the right course of action. With each passing day, millions more are vaccinated with no major complications, further validating the efficacy and safety of the vaccines.

On the other hand, if I discouraged a family member from getting the vaccine....and that person went on to die from COVID, that would definitely weigh on my conscience.

Health workers are vulnerable to the same dis-information floating around on social media.

9. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    I have noticed numerous people on social media coming put saying their family member or someone they knew got sick, and died from the shot.
    Now, I am not against all medicines..Vaccines are questionable. I do not trust this vaccine, and I will not get it. Anything medical wise linked to gates is suspicious. Dr. Fauci has been working with him for a long time. When does a Microsoft engineer leave and move into the medical field without any knowledge himself? He has talked about population control.
    Anyway, I'm going on a limb here. Lol many people with disagree with me. I don't trust man.
    I am not against anyone who takes the vaccine either, we all have a choice.

And a side note..I could be totally wrong..

10. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+4,377
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Let me address an uncomfortable truth. We have several posters, all presenting information about large-ish sounding numbers of breakthrough cases - cases where fully vaccinated people get Covid. For example, we hear about this famous number of 5800 such cases.

Sounds like a lot, doesn't it?

Never are these numbers put in context (except by those of us on the other side of this issue) - never do they tell us that such numbers represent a miniscule fraction of the number vaccinated. And yet, it is simply not plausible to believe that these posters do not understand that context matters - that it is the fraction of breakthrough cases that matters, not the absolute number.

How, then, is this strategy of not appropriately contextualizing the information they present not willful misrepresentation?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Triumvirate

Triumvirate Well-Known Member

+1,488
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Private
    Even with the very-necessary addition of a conspiracy board, this forum is absolutely lousy for allowing misinfo of various kinds to proliferate. Antivaxx, lies about the validity of the last election, etc.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,440
    Christian
    Married
    In addition to the politicization of the issue, I believe that Americans have, unrealistically, come to expect 100% effectiveness ...

13. ranunculus

ranunculus very large ah-brain

+251
    Luxembourg
    Atheist
    Single
    I've also seen these types of stories. Not on my social media, but shared on subreddits like r/insanepeoplefacebook, r/religiousfruitcake and r/forwardsfromgrandma.

Stuff like this just in the last day or so:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then there's stuff like this:
    [​IMG]

The point is, it's probably not wise to trust stories shared on social media over the opinions of actual medical experts.
    As for the Gates / Fauci stuff, the place for that discussion is over at the conspiracy sub forum =>

14. Triumvirate

+1,488
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Private
    I wouldn't even post examples here, tbh.

There are so many...er...'impressionable' minds about.

15. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+287
    Christian
    Married
    Umm...Im not looking at them from those places. I see my comment ruffles your feathers, not here to argue. We all have different beliefs.

16. ranunculus

+251
    Luxembourg
    Atheist
    Single
    I purposely chose ridiculous examples, although I suspect no example is ridiculous enough that someone wouldn't believe it.
    It's funny how all these home remedies for covid happen to be readily available household items and cooking ingredients. It's never, 'gargle a pint of donkey semen'.

17. ranunculus

+251
    Luxembourg
    Atheist
    Single
    No feather ruffling here. Just posting for everyone's edification.

18. Triumvirate

+1,488
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Private
    Poe's law for home remedies.

Again, I'd just say you're giving them ideas still ^_^

19. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,302
    Christian
    Private
    over 4 or so months. Lets see 1 day in the united states. around 130 million have had at least one dose.

Just yesterday and remember this is a Monday so low. 51k tested positive, and 488 died. So yeah, 5800 over 4 months with 130 million people having at least one dose, and 74 dead is pretty good numbers. Given that those 130 million are likely to run into being infected and such still.

20. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+7,922
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Numbers change depending on who is publishing them, and who benefits from them. That's why the number of times we see new covid cases and death numbers hardly reported on the news now that joe is president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.