Thousands of paedophiles active in French Catholic Church since 1950, commission finds

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: Abaxvahl

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
"Thousands of paedophiles have operated inside the French Catholic Church since 1950, the head of an independent commission investigating the scandal told AFP, days ahead of the release of its report.

"The commission's research had uncovered between 2,900 and 3,200 paedophile priests or other members of the church, said Jean-Marc Sauve, adding that it was "a minimum estimate"."

Thousands of paedophiles active in French Catholic Church since 1950, commission finds

Kyrie eleison.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Kyrie eleison.
Amen. I posted this in a "Christians only" forum because I didn't want it to turn into Catholic bashing. But it looks like pedophilia is not only isolated cases but is widespread!!! God knows when it started, historically.

Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Amen. I posted this in a "Christians only" forum because I didn't want it to turn into Catholic bashing. But it looks like pedophilia is not only isolated cases but is widespread!!! God knows when it started, historically.
Perhaps part of why it is flourishing is because of such things as not being able to post it in a Christian forum only.

Christians need to be able to speak freely to clean up the church, or let them continue in their sin.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Thousands of paedophiles have operated inside the French Catholic Church since 1950, the head of an independent commission investigating the scandal told AFP, days ahead of the release of its report.

"The commission's research had uncovered between 2,900 and 3,200 paedophile priests or other members of the church, said Jean-Marc Sauve, adding that it was "a minimum estimate"."

But looks can be deceiving, and it appears that child sexual abuse in Protestant churches is actually more common.
https://stopabusecampaign.org/2018/...protestant-churches-than-the-catholic-church/

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
People who get angry are similarly guilty. As are those who judge.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
People who get angry are similarly guilty. As are those who judge.

we are given biblical authority to judge ones work but not them, that is the Lord Jesus Christ job

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟756,718.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps part of why it is flourishing is because of such things as not being able to post it in a Christian forum only.

Christians need to be able to speak freely to clean up the church, or let them continue in their sin.

These things are hidden. Most Christians wouldn't know about them.

I was warned by my old Protestant pastor way back circa 1990/91 that after I joined the Catholic church, a lot of paedophilia cases would come to light, saying "I think there's going to be a LOT of them."

But nobody else said anything about it until the stuff started to hit the media fan.

Most of us wouldn't even have known it was going on, and a lot of it was before our time.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Show me where you read this.

Matthew 7:16-23
King James Version

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Only way to know their fruits is by the word of GOD and if contrary to it then we have passed judgement on their works not them

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 7:16-23
King James Version

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Not one word about judging sin.
Not "Judging" not "Sin". Not "Sins" not "Works", not "deeds" .
Not even "sinners." The passage is about identifying false prophets.
And indeed this says nothing about judging sin or even judging works.
These passages are about identifying false prophets based on their lack of good results in ministry and church building.

True and False Prophets
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not one word about judging sin.
Not "Judging" not "Sin". Not "Sins" not "Works", not "deeds" .
Not even "sinners." The passage is about identifying false prophets.
And indeed this says nothing about judging sin or even judging works.
These passages are about identifying false prophets based on their lack of good results in ministry and church building.

True and False Prophets
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them.

Check out Fauci years past record and what he says today and tell me if he falls into your description above

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Check out Fauci years past record and what he says today and tell me if he falls into your description above

He does not even merit a thought....

Matthew 24:24
For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Mark 13:22
For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is unconscionable. It is incorrect to compare or say it happens in "Protestant" churches as well. It does, certainly. It should be rooted out there as well, as it should be whoever it is found.

But there is no other monolithic organization in Christianity like the Roman Catholic Church.

The issue in this case is the church in question is is a massive organization, and this recurring issue continues to raise it's head globally with this church, with numbers that are unfathomable. The issue is that this organization has intentionally, repeatedly, and continually covered up, misdirected, and tried to play down allegations. Have others done the same, yes, but saying "it happens other places too" only serves to minimize it here, or make it seem like the RCC is maybe a little less guilty because they are not "alone" in this.

Words are said, and some actions are taken. But a wholesale cleaning from the top down is needed to clean out the rottenness that festers.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is the long term result of the Churches choice to hide, protect and facilitate these individuals

Its the sad truth, unfortunately. I sometimes try to think "what on earth are these bishops thinking" when they try to coverup these priest sins. I keep coming to the same conclusion though, I am not in their shoes. These priests who sin could be very great evangelists except for this nasty vice the might have with young boys. Many times the bishop makes the wrong choice in hiding the truth just to protect the priest. There are times (not many) when the priests are lured into these situations too by the victim. How is the bishop to sort the truth out?

The Church truly needs to clean up this problem once and for all because nobody is going to take it seriously in the future and that would be extremely unfortunate for both Christians and non-Christians. We need the Church to guide us and we need the Church to be Christ-like.

Upvote 0

VladTheEmailer

Jan 28, 2021
WI
✟36,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This is unconscionable. It is incorrect to compare or say it happens in "Protestant" churches as well. It does, certainly. It should be rooted out there as well, as it should be whoever it is found.

But there is no other monolithic organization in Christianity like the Roman Catholic Church.

The issue in this case is the church in question is is a massive organization, and this recurring issue continues to raise it's head globally with this church, with numbers that are unfathomable. The issue is that this organization has intentionally, repeatedly, and continually covered up, misdirected, and tried to play down allegations. Have others done the same, yes, but saying "it happens other places too" only serves to minimize it here, or make it seem like the RCC is maybe a little less guilty because they are not "alone" in this.

Words are said, and some actions are taken. But a wholesale cleaning from the top down is needed to clean out the rottenness that festers.

In my community we had a protestant lead the charge against a Catholic priest that molested 4 boys. That same Protestant later plead guilty too molesting 14 boys.

My 2 daughters attended a Catholic Elementary/Middle school, No other school in the area came close as far as security and background checks for volunteers and the priests refuse to be left alone in a room with a child.

Before you say this is a strictly catholic problem, you should look at what the numbers say.

Upvote 0