Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So that last thread that was created, the poll, made me think of something I've considered in the past, but haven't taken the time to really study on. The thousand years of Christ's reign.

In Revelation it is said that He will reign for 1,000 years with satan and his demon locked away. Then after those 1,000 years, Satan is loosed again for a short period of time to deceive again. My thought is, if those 1,000 years aren't peaceful, who is there to cause problems if Satan and his demons are bound and the AC and false prophet have been thrown into the bottomless pit? To my knowledge, there is really no one else that is rebellious to cause problems for 1,000 years.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So that last thread that was created, the poll, made me think of something I've considered in the past, but haven't taken the time to really study on. The thousand years of Christ's reign.

In Revelation it is said that He will reign for 1,000 years with satan and his demon locked away. Then after those 1,000 years, Satan is loosed again for a short period of time to deceive again. My thought is, if those 1,000 years aren't peaceful, who is there to cause problems if Satan and his demons are bound and the AC and false prophet have been thrown into the bottomless pit? To my knowledge, there is really no one else that is rebellious to cause problems for 1,000 years.

This should be an interesting study. Here is some scripture to start.

Rev 20:
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the way I see it. Satan is bound only in the sense that Jesus, and those who believe in Him, have authority over him. He is still around causing trouble, but only if you let him.

Mattew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me"

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus comes and Satan is bound.. truth will prevail....no.more deception...those people on earth will be able to live the 1000 years ..no one will die ..so perhaps that may be a clue...Perhaps after the 1000 years some of the old timers will wish to rebel.....

Upvote 0

Paul K

Dec 9, 2013
✟8,538.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
well, the 1000 year reign is a different circumstance. This reign means Satan have no means, and no possibility to roam earth. Right now, Satan is free to roam like a lion, seeking to devour and to destroy. and yes, last seven is correct, because Jesus is in us, we have authority over satan and satan is weak.

but satan can still roam the earth tempting and destroying people.

When Jesus returns, and satan is bound, that is when satan lost every opportunity and chance to roam the earth.
thats what I believe.

why I believe in this, simply put, why would Jesus allow satan out after 1000 years to tempt people, does that mean that satan was incapable of doing so during that 1000 year reign?

"blessed are they who believe without seeing"

P

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is the way I see it from reading the scripture. There will be people with the sin nature who survive the second coming of Lord Jesus.These will reproduce and repopulate the Earth.The Bible says Lord Jesus will rule with a rod of iron. I don't really know what that means, but there will be peace on Earth. Satan being bound will produce on Earth the good will towards men that we celebrate at Christmas time.So a thousand years of peace on Earth and good will towards men will be tested and tried when satan is allowed out of the pit. These sinful people will have an opportunity to obey Lord Jesus or the deceiver.It will be like the final culling of the herd.Those who choose the deceiver will die in the fire from Heaven.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here's my view on it: Christ returns at the 6th Seal/7th Trumpet/7th Bowl and destroys the armies of the world. The AC and False Prophet are then thrown into the bottomless pit and the first resurrection occurs. At this point, all those who are in the first resurrection are those who were either killed before or died before having the chance to choose Christ (abortions, children who died in the womb, children who were murdered or killed before the age of decision). The ones who lived through the second coming are also alive and live through the 1,000 years of peace. I say peace since the enemy is not there to reek havok and deceive. During this time, those who didn't get a chance to choose live during this time with no sin and have a chance to know Christ. Once Satan is released after the 1,000 years, those who lived during the 1,000 years (notice i don't mention the Christians who were made immortal at Christ's second coming, for we are made incorruptible) are now tested to see if they turn to Satan and not stand with Christ. During THIS time there will be sin and strife, along with the things that go with the process to a great end-battle. Once that finishes, Satan, his angels, and all those who turned to Satan are thrown into the bottomless pit for forever.

Here's one thing that really hit me several months ago, why is the new Jerusalem so fortified even after Satan is thrown into the bottomless pit? It would seem like there would be no reason for New Jerusalem to be heavy fortified if there was no threats afterwards. My opinion? I think all of this is just a test to see who is deserving of serving and living with Christ for eternity while God continues to create different things. I think there will be further threats in the future, but that's just me.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No matter the opinions any of us may have on the subject, we have to remember the facts.
  1. Jesus received all authority after his resurrection. When you have all authority, you are the king, and you reign.
  2. If we have Jesus in us, we reign with Him.
  3. We reign with him for a thousand years.
  4. There is only one passage of scripture that specifically mentions this mysterious thousand years.
  5. Although it says Satan is bound for a thousand years, nowhere does it specifically say that the thousand years will be peaceful.
Now these facts leave a lot of questions and a lot of room for assumptions to fill in the gaps, therefore we have to keep an open mind and acknowledge that our assumptions may be wrong. Even if our assumptions are supported by other evidence, opposing assumptions may be equally supported by evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We won't reign with Jesus Christ until after many other events come.
One of those is when the 7th trumpet sounds and the co-ruling angels -elect
angels - "24 elders" cast off their crowns and give up their seats. Jesus Christ
will come back as exalted alone. Paul told us how right now we are charged before
God, Jesus Christ, and the elect angels. Paul also shows that at the return of Jesus
Christ -the elect angels part goes missing from the group.

When Satan gets cast to the earth...more time will pass, .....and then come the 7th
trumpet and the 24 elders will cast off their crowns -give up their seats - and the kingdoms
of this world become /in heaven -as God and Christ's.

On earth, war will still later be fought to take control of those kingdoms.

All that was a given and we were skipping to after the tribulation.

I do wonder though, all are saved. made immortal
So if we/saints still reign with Christ, whom do we reign over?
angels?
No new people are to be born. People from the days after the 7th seal made
just? When the sheep and goats time comes a bit ahead of the new heaven and
new earth, then the sheep inherit eternal life-the kingdom prepared for them from
the foundation of the world.

Finally, someone who sees where I'm going with this. I knew someone would, but had to give it time. Combine with what you said and the fact that it gives good detail on how large and fortified New Jerusalem is, this makes you wonder why it is. I honestly think that all this is getting us ready to reign over other species not of earth. Now, that I lost a few people with that statement, those who are still here consider this. It states that we will reign with Christ for forever, but it also gives good detail on how fortified (huge walls on all sides of the city) it is. If there was no other threats to us or the Kingdom of God, why would the city of New Jerusalem need to be so heavily guarded?

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zechariah 14 shows the millennial reign scenes - first a great tumult will end.
This is long after Armageddon is over.
After this time, - swords will be beaten into plowshares.
Assumptions abound. Nowhere does it mention the thousand years.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Assumptions abound. Nowhere does it mention the thousand years.
It is talking about when Christ rules the nations. It does not have to mention the thousand years. We know how long Christ reigns over the nations before the GWT judgment. It is a thousand years.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
New Jerusalem comes down at the time of new heaven and new earth.
Satan was cast into the lake of fire by then.

angels?
new earth, then the sheep inherit eternal life-the kingdom prepared for them from

Where do you read that no new people are born? Remember after the thousand years of our Lord's reign, satan will be loosed again to deceive the nations. Who does he deceive? Obviously there are people who still have the sin nature living. Surely most of them were born during the thousand years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
All that was a given and we were skipping to after the tribulation.

Finally, someone who sees where I'm going with this. I knew someone would, but had to give it time. Combine with what you said and the fact that it gives good detail on how large and fortified New Jerusalem is, this makes you wonder why it is. I honestly think that all this is getting us ready to reign over other species not of earth. Now, that I lost a few people with that statement, those who are still here consider this. It states that we will reign with Christ for forever, but it also gives good detail on how fortified (huge walls on all sides of the city) it is. If there was no other threats to us or the Kingdom of God, why would the city of New Jerusalem need to be so heavily guarded?

I have often wondered about this also.I believe our Father created the universe to be populated. Otherwise why would He give the order/commandment to be fruitful and multiply. Also, Lord Jesus commands us to preach the Gospel to every creature. He did not say every man, or every human, but every creature.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have often wondered about this also.I believe our Father created the universe to be populated. Otherwise why would He give the order/commandment to be fruitful and multiply. Also, Lord Jesus commands us to preach the Gospel to every creature. He did not say every man, or every human, but every creature.

Have you looked at the original Hebrew wording for "creature"? I'm curious to see if that was translated correctly or not.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,303.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have you looked at the original Hebrew wording for "creature"? I'm curious to see if that was translated correctly or not.
No I have not. Have you? I wonder if it means species?:scratch: We are new creatures in Christ. I wonder if the Hebrew definition is the same.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No I have not. Have you? I wonder if it means species?:scratch: We are new creatures in Christ. I wonder if the Hebrew definition is the same.

No I haven't. And honestly, it's not really high on my priority list for studying. hehe, I don't feel it really important to my studies right now.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New Jerusalem comes down at the time of new heaven and new earth.
Satan was cast into the lake of fire by then.

angels?
After we inherit the new earth we no longer reign because at the resurrection on the last day Jesus hands over the kingdom to God the father, and puts an end to all rule and authority. Which means we reign with Christ before we inherit the new earth, and before the second resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:23-27
but each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. Then comes the end,when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. For “He has put all things under His feet.”

In the meantime, who do we reign over? Angels and demons. We were created higher than the angels, but when Satan convinced man to sin, he gained power over man. When we accept Christ, Jesus gives the power back to us.

Upvote 0