Thoughts on the Republicans Re-Taking the House

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

We'll come back to this.

No one ever makes a deal with the devil and ends up in a good place.

No shortage of devils in the world... even Jesus had to deal with literal and figurative ones...

Yes, if the promises made, never see the light of day, once elected.

Going back to the lobbyists... without their money, I can't get elected. If I don't get elected, I can't keep my promises, can I?

The NRA is counting on me to be corrupt enough to value their money over my obligations to my constituents. Whose fault is it if they're wrong?

Then your belief is, the ends DO justify the means.
You are corrupt already, you do not need to go into Politics in order to prove it

Ah, but I made promises to my constituents first... now, let us say that I represent the state of New Jersey, and I made them no promises regarding gun control. Meanwhile, the legislation I promote improves their lives... exactly as promised.

That is just being dishonest,

Dishonesty isn't necessarily a mark of corruption... plenty of Biblical heroes told some sizable whoppers in order to do God's work. Does God condone "corruption"?

if your belief is, they expect you to vote the way they want you to, by taking the money you are obligated to do so.

I'm obligated to fulfill my end of a bribe? What kind of ethics is that?

My obligation is to my constituents. I vote for them, not for the NRA's money.

I guess it could be summed up in the word (Narcissist) where you are the only one who can do these things, therefore whatever it takes is ok with you.

That's not what narcissist means.

Besides, where did I say that only I could do these things?

Consider: in my campaign, everyone who supports me does so with the expectation that I will act in their interests if I win... this includes the NRA. Does that make everyone corrupt?

However, if elected as a New Jersey Senator, my moral obligation is not to serve the best interests of the NRA, but of the people of New Jersey. If those interests (NRA vs NJ) come into conflict, I'm only corrupt if I give the NRA priority. My duty is to New Jersey.

• Winner
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I guess then, in your mind, the ends do justify the means.

If you believe, you are the only one who is capable of doing the things you want to do, then yes you are a Narcissist.

Lastly, what you are espousing shows a pure lack of Faith in God, but you already know that first hand.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟140,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
*staff edit*

Wikipedia said:
Wilson's nomination sparked a controversy that erupted during his confirmation hearings before the Senate Armed Services Committee, based on his large stockholdings in General Motors. Reluctant to sell the stock, valued at the time at more than $2.5 million (or about $24 million in 2018), Wilson agreed to do so under committee pressure. During the hearings, when asked if he could make a decision as Secretary of Defense that would be adverse to the interests of General Motors, Wilson answered affirmatively. But he added that he could not conceive of such a situation "because for years I thought what was good for our country was good for General Motors, and vice versa." That statement has frequently been misquoted as "What's good for General Motors is good for the country." Although Wilson tried for years to correct the misquote, he was reported, at the time of his retirement in 1957, to have accepted the popular impression.

Right there, even an “honest politician” needed to be pressured into doing the “right thing”; how much worse is it today?
Our President didn’t have to divest from his business enterprises, both because he was never going to do it if he wasn’t made to do so, and a spineless GOP leadership that will not make hold him to ethical norms!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
“What’s good for General Motors is good for America!”—Charles E. Wilson

Right there, even an “honest politician” needed to be pressured into doing the “right thing”; how much worse is it today?
Our President didn’t have to divest from his business enterprises, both because he was never going to do it if he wasn’t made to do so, and a spineless GOP leadership that will not make hold him to ethical norms!

Charles Erwin Wilson was an American engineer and businessman who served as United States Secretary of Defense from 1953 to 1957 under President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Known as "Engine Charlie", he was previously the president and chief executive officer of General Motors.

Technically, Mr. Wilson was not a Politician, being in the Cabinet as Secretary of Defense he was a Bureaucrat, meaning he did in fact work in Government, but unlike a Politician, he did not run for nor did he hold an Elected office.

Maybe just maybe, God placed Mr. Wilson into the Office in which God at the time wanted him to be in, and it had nothing to do with his being pressured, I"m sure he did not petition President Eisenhower for the position, therefore it could be that God chose him to fill the vacancy.

As far as being a died in the wool hate mongering Democrat, is there anything else to be said?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,085,620.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We did in 2016 but the Democrats are still trying to invalidate OUR CHOICE!
Your choice lost the popular vote by 3 million. Your choice won Wisconsin by 11,000 votes after a corrupt governor (thankfully replaced in 2018) suppressed 200,000 votes. And then there's the Russian interference that Trump, in a widely circulated speech, encouraged.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,196.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There have certainly been immoral and unethical attempts (and I would add illegal, even though 5 Supreme Court justice have inexplicably disagreed) to deprive Democrats of representation. In North Carolina, 50% voted Democratic and 50% voted Republican--but 8 out of 11 Congressional districts elected Republicans. This is because of unethical gerrymandering.

Don't forget the election fraud from the GOP candidate in the 9th district.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Your choice lost the popular vote by 3 million. Your choice won Wisconsin by 11,000 votes after a corrupt governor (thankfully replaced in 2018) suppressed 200,000 votes. And then there's the Russian interference that Trump, in a widely circulated speech, encouraged.

Hillery and the DNC paid for a Fake Dossier from a Foreign agent that has cost the American Public $25,000,000 and it could go as high as $35,000,000.

No Collusion no Obstruction.

Oh by the way Trump Won........he is President, period.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Citation needed.
Maybe she paid for it with the money she got from stealing US government-owned uranium and fencing it to Russia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,085,620.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hillery and the DNC paid for a Fake Dossier from a Foreign agent that has cost the American Public $25,000,000 and it could go as high as $35,000,000.

No Collusion no Obstruction.

Oh by the way Trump Won........he is President, period.
I get my info from the Mueller Report, thank you.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟263,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
It's available from multiple sources and also as an ebook on Kindle. Hollywood actors have taken turns reading it aloud.

When it came out, Barnes and Noble allowed people to download for free. That’s what I did.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It's available from multiple sources and also as an ebook on Kindle. Hollywood actors have taken turns reading it aloud.

Must have been a big letdown when it didn't turn out the way you had been told it would.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Must have been a big letdown when it didn't turn out the way you had been told it would.
I found it very satisfactory. I could never credit collusion to begin with. But it fully supported my belief that the Russians interfered in the election--which the administration tried to deny and still hasn't done anything to prevent happening again.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,085,620.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That the Mueller Report indicated the Trump team was too ignorant and incompetent to mindfully collude is no compliment.

They encouraged the Russians along out of ignorance--and now they are denying the future threat.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I will pay any price to hear it read by Obama.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Citation needed.

Here is the citation you requested, it's a little late, but better late than never.

Wasn't sure how much you would require, before you would believe it, so I sent it all.

You will be hearing about the whole thing within the next year or so, it isn't going to go away.

Upvote 0