Jan 8, 2010
✟23,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys, I don't know what forum to post this topic in so I chose this one. Forgive me if I chose wrongly.

Anyway, I am wondering about going to seminary for graduate school and I'd like some of your thoughts about seminary in general and specifically about the following list of seminaries:

Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
Dallas Theological Seminary
Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary

What is seminary culture like, student life, faculty? Why would you choose one over the other and is it even worth it to attend?

Thanks!

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys, I don't know what forum to post this topic in so I chose this one. Forgive me if I chose wrongly.

Anyway, I am wondering about going to seminary for graduate school and I'd like some of your thoughts about seminary in general and specifically about the following list of seminaries:

Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
Dallas Theological Seminary
Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary

What is seminary culture like, student life, faculty? Why would you choose one over the other and is it even worth it to attend?

Thanks!

I am a graduate of Dallas Seminary (ThM 76), have taken a semester at SWBTS. What is your calling?

DTS is an excellent school with a very solid faculty. I have had quite a few friends recently go through DTS and they got a great training for ministry.

Upvote 0

David4223

Matthew 11:28
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Lancaster, NY
✟128,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I attend Luther Rice Seminary.

I looked into a lot of the seminaries on your list -- all have great points. The first step, obviously, would be to pray about the choices on your list. You're doing great here by reaching out to see the experiences others have had with the particular schools.

I reached out to my pastor and he recommended several schools that I had not even considered. Perhaps the discussion here will allow you some insight into thinking about other schools.

I chose Luther Rice because I can complete my Masters of Divinity completely online. With the situation with my family, I cannot move to a seminary location to complete in-class studies. There are some drawbacks with this -- as obviously you cannot simply walk into a professor's office and ask them questions. However, the faculty at Luther Rice are very good about being available for questions and other issues that may arise.

God bless and good luck in your studies!

Upvote 0