South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I as a black American am well aware of the things that have happened in this nation, but mine is about Republicans and black people. Politcal pundits keep talking about the Latino votes getting Obama in office and that the Republicans need to reach out to them. Why not also reach out to blacks? Not all blacks are Obama supporters nor all we much different from Latinos. Culturally we are conservative and family oriented, just like Latinos are. Have the Republicans given up on black people or have black people in general given up on Republicans? It is like a chicken and egg thing, but it has me wondering. I feel that the Dems have taken us as black people for granted yet it seems the Republicans have all but ignored black people into the equation. I feel like we as blacks have been dismissed just because the majority are Obama supporters. That is not fair. We too make up more than 10% of the US population, not including Africans, Middle Eastern blacks, Caribbeans, and Latinos. My point is black people are not a monolithic population including within the Black American population who make up about 13-14% of the US population and the attitude of both Dems and Republican pundits seem rather dismissive.

Governor Mitt Romney I guess tried to reach out to black voters, but I think that he could have appealed more to us in terms of our Conservative views, clearing up some of the 43% remarks sooner, gay marriage, churches, taxes, crime, and other things. We are not stupid and certainly not unreachable. I am not saying that they should do the Democratic way of reaching demographics, I am saying that the Republicans have got to do a better job of reaching out to all people, or at least do a better job of doing so. They may actually be surprised; however another issue is the groupism in the black community. We have been treated horribly in this country and Republicans in general have a bad rap in the black community. That needs to be fixed, I mean the extreme groupism. My question is, what is the best way for the Republcans to "sell" their ideas to all of America, not just one group or another? It seems that the Republican party is guilty of one thing and that is give up on a populace that was once loyal to them.

Conservatism has gotten a horrible rap especially in the black community and it worked. The Tea Party, Conservatism, even the more moderate Fox News are treated with contempt by many black people (some of whom I know...don't read the youtube and facebook posts). It would be nice if we as black people do our own thing, go our own way, and unite. We may not even have to be party loyal, but we don't have to shut the Republicans out completely because the Dems are just as imperfect if not more so for black people. I am just disappointed that black people have not been a focus like Latinos have been. Why is it by the way that welfare, entitlements, and freebies have bcome code words for black people? Why is it that illegal immigration has been a code word for Latinos? All blacks are not on welfare or other entitlements and not all Latinos are illegals and not all illegals are Latinos. I don't like how much of the MSM covers black or Latinos including much of the black and Latino MSM. It is slanted, racist, and elitist, but that is just for another topic.

I certainly didn't mean to contradict myself, but I just wish that most black people will have their eyes opened like the people in this video. The Democrats have shown for generations that they care nothing about black people in particular. Their policies sound good on paper but the implementation is and has been a disaster. I think that all Americans should choose the Republican Party because the implementation of much of their views would better help all communities. Maybe they shouldn't target black people specifically but compared to the Democrats, the Republicans have had a raw deal in the last few generations plus when it comes to their selling of their ideas, particularly to us as black Americans, the Republicans are far behind. That was my point. I feel that much can be done but blaming slavery and the white man doesn't help us one bit. Black people have enough power and wealth ourselves, but a lot of black people like the people in the video in Chicago are corrupt and obviously don't seem to care about our own people. I shudder to think that our President was voted in because he is "black", not because of qualifications or character, which was or is a mistake a lot of Americans have made over the last few years.

I, for one, am glad that I didn't vote on color but on issues. I had my doubts that he is the right man for the job and as far as I am concerned, black people need leadership especially from our own leaders in our communities and our government to not allow us to be held back. It is sad that black people who have been treated horribly are still being lied to by the Democratic Party. I admit that this country would be a much better place if the majority of US citizens regardless of race or color were more conservative and hold fast to their Conservative political and cultural views. Agree or not, we have allowed ourselves to be blinded, exploited by the higher ups of the Democratic Party and also much of what is considered our "culture" is an embarrassment.

Black people have been taught that we were an African people whose ancestors were stripped of their ancestral cultural traits, though there is a grain of truth to that. We as black Americans are an assimilated people with a distinct cultural and historical heritage but that does not make us less American. After all, we have been here for centuries. We are a unique American people yet sadly there are some with a victim mentality and I believe that there are people who are feeding off of that. It is so sad. Culturally black people are family oriented, are for conservative principles and views, but like I mentioned, we have strayed away from that and just like the rest of society we have become a less godly, family oriented people which is I believe the crux of our black American culture and beliefs.

circa 2012.....

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
My basic questions is "what is a black American"...what could any politician say that would address a cultural issue of all black Americans? My viewpoint is that "black Americans" are as diverse and unique as "white Americans". We all speak the same language with the slang being regional and not necessarily based on the skin color for example, a country Southern black would speak very differently than a black from inner city Detroit. Latinos tend to speak Spanish along w/ English. There isn't a "black church" or a "white church" like a huge sector of Latinos are Catholic or at least raise in the Catholic church. Many Latinos still have roots in their home countries. Most white people and black people no longer really have ties to cultures or countries beyond America.

I am having a hard time with trying to figure out how my black friends are different from me....we went to the same school, we work at the same companies, we often attend the same churches or very similar churches, we eat the same foods, we celebrate the same holidays, we read the same books and often listen to the same music ... do you get my point?

Why do we focus on "color" of anyone's skin anymore? How are you different from me because you are black and I am white? I have friends who are Afrikan immigrants and yes, sometimes we do have difference because we were raised in very different cultures (for example, two of my friends do not know how to ride a bike...and I didn't know anyone who didn't have a bike as a child, black or white).

How does either party make a promise that would really attract "black people"? Give me an example.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My basic questions is "what is a black American"...what could any politician say that would address a cultural issue of all black Americans? My viewpoint is that "black Americans" are as diverse and unique as "white Americans".

Agreed. I hate it when some people say that we are a monolithic people, especially in terms of politics. While the majority of people (at least those I know) will never vote Republican, I am a Conservative.

We all speak the same language with the slang being regional and not necessarily based on the skin color for example, a country Southern black would speak very differently than a black from inner city Detroit. Latinos tend to speak Spanish along w/ English. There isn't a "black church" or a "white church" like a huge sector of Latinos are Catholic or at least raise in the Catholic church. Many Latinos still have roots in their home countries. Most white people and black people no longer really have ties to cultures or countries beyond America.

I was writing about where I am from. I agree that there is only one church. I was also thinking about the history of the American church as we know it. The thing is, while many Latinos are raised in the Catholic Church, so are some who are black and white. I consider myself a black American mainly because I am black and I am American. African only refers to my bloodline, history of most of my ancestors, and the African cultural retentions that exist within the US.

I am having a hard time with trying to figure out how my black friends are different from me....we went to the same school, we work at the same companies, we often attend the same churches or very similar churches, we eat the same foods, we celebrate the same holidays, we read the same books and often listen to the same music ... do you get my point?

I was speaking of a cultural difference. However, I agree we are not that different from one another. We are more alike than we are difference. As a black American, we have much in common with white people. This is especially true in the South, where I am from. There is still some form of segregation in many churches. However, I believe it is because of history and the prejudice of some individuals who claim to be Christian. I do get your point.

Why do we focus on "color" of anyone's skin anymore? How are you different from me because you are black and I am white? I have friends who are Afrikan immigrants and yes, sometimes we do have difference because we were raised in very different cultures (for example, two of my friends do not know how to ride a bike...and I didn't know anyone who didn't have a bike as a child, black or white).

Agreed. I just believe that while many people do focus too much on skin tone. The reality is, the world we live in does focus too much on race and skin color. I can relate to your posts on the bikes. I wish that I learned how to skate. lol

How does either party make a promise that would really attract "black people"? Give me an example.

That is a good point, but I think it is sad that the Republican party doesn't get the message across about the importance that black people have about Conservatives or Republicans due to the fact that their party seems to be more on the right side of history than the Democrats. It will obviously NOT be an overnight thing, but I guess it is more about individuals who tell their friends, their communities, and their family about the history of the Republican party compared to the history of the Democratic party. Neither party have innocent people and some even have "blood on their hands", but in my belief the Dems have shown that they will use anyone, black, white, and poor to get a vote.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
That is a good point, but I think it is sad that the Republican party doesn't get the message across about the importance that black people have about Conservatives or Republicans due to the fact that their party seems to be more on the right side of history than the Democrats. It will obviously NOT be an overnight thing, but I guess it is more about individuals who tell their friends, their communities, and their family about the history of the Republican party compared to the history of the Democratic party. Neither party have innocent people and some even have "blood on their hands", but in my belief the Dems have shown that they will use anyone, black, white, and poor to get a vote.

If the Republicans came out and said something that was specifically aimed at "black Americans" or "African-Americans" by grouping them together as a single unit, they would be accused of being "racist" and "elitist". I am accused of being racist and not getting what "white priviledge" is all the time. Simply because I don't know what it is like to wear black skin. Yes, I get that there are preducised people out there...but I also get that never knew that I was "white" until I attended a small town school in the South and the black students there treated me like there was something wrong with me. I was scared of them...not because they were going to harm me but because they didn't like me for reasons I didn't understand. I was from the midwest and didn't understand "Southern black slang" so I was clueless when I was trying to figure out when they were teasing me and when they were making fun of me. I must have eventually "passed" because soon was treated more like I belonged at that school.

I am white. I know what it is like to have people be prejudiced against me because I am a girl/woman, I am the child of divorce, I have been homeless (lived in a hotel for 2 months because of the divorce), for being richer, for being fairly damn poor, for being fat, for being white (or for being not black or not latino), for being a single mom, ...... and I am sure a million other things that are not coming to mind.... all these things have hurt me and were never based on who I am...

Now, with this so called "white privilege", I have learned to shut my mouth or be verbally assaulted my so many because "I don't get it". I guess I don't because I don't see differences based on color. I see differences only based on culture. In the hospital, I wipe the diarrhea off of bottoms and catch the vomit of all skin colors...and it looks the same to me. How I interact with patients is based on where they are from, what their economic reality is, what their religious beliefs are, and how old they are. I give the sweet dark skin old ladies who really have lived through some crap the ultimate care and respect...same as the sweet little old lady who was a Holocaust survivor. I have cared for black women who have lived in neighborhoods where they have scars & injuries from been shot just standing in their yards doing nothing wrong...shot by other black people. I have cared for addicts in every color, so I know that isn't one population even. We are the product of our cultures, not our skin color. I can guaranteed that you as a Southern black woman would feel completely out of place and maybe even scared of other black people if I dropped you in an urban blighted Detroit neighborhood. You wouldn't speak "the same language", you wouldn't know the culture, and I suspect that you might not even fit well in a neighborhood church.

While I was in nursing school, one of my instructors was very proud of her singing and her church choir. I took her up on her invitation to come to her church's Easter Cantata and I took both my kids. It was held a beautiful old church. The place was packed. I think I saw 2 other white people in the whole building. It was a different experience. The service was different than our non-denominational non-traditional church. We were welcomed. I did feel like we stood out because of our difference but we were worshipping the same God that my church worshipped. Some of the songs were the same. My son got a lot of attention but I personally think it was more because the lovely church ladies were impressed that a 16 year old boy was at church and just his whiteness (blond & blued eyed) made it even more obvious. The issue is that we stood out, not that we were really different from anyone else worshipping God that afternoon.

Just because I felt different and out of place at times because I didn't always understand the culture of that church does NOT meant they treated me poorly. I think that often black people assume that when they don't understand the white culture (usually based on religion or heritage cultures) that they are being treated poorly....not realizing that many white cultures are not warm and huggy to even each other. I come from a culture where I didn't even hug my own grandparents and dreading being around my extended family on one side because they were so formal and there were too many "manners" that had to be followed....not something most black people can even imagine.

Most Americans who have been in the US for multiple generations are only culturally different. Skin color isn't the real separating line...but it is the most visible one. If your church is primarily black, it is because you chose to go to a primarily black church...not because someone will burn your house down if you tried to go to a church that is primarily white. I suspect that most black people don't pick "white" churches because we are not as warm and accepting as a culture...even of each other. It isn't because we treat black skinned people poorly.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I as a black American am well aware of the things that have happened in this nation, but mine is about Republicans and black people. Politcal pundits keep talking about the Latino votes getting Obama in office and that the Republicans need to reach out to them. Why not also reach out to blacks? Not all blacks are Obama supporters nor all we much different from Latinos. Culturally we are conservative and family oriented, just like Latinos are. Have the Republicans given up on black people or have black people in general given up on Republicans? It is like a chicken and egg thing, but it has me wondering. I feel that the Dems have taken us as black people for granted yet it seems the Republicans have all but ignored black people into the equation. I feel like we as blacks have been dismissed just because the majority are Obama supporters. That is not fair. We too make up more than 10% of the US population, not including Africans, Middle Eastern blacks, Caribbeans, and Latinos. My point is black people are not a monolithic population including within the Black American population who make up about 13-14% of the US population and the attitude of both Dems and Republican pundits seem rather dismissive.

Governor Mitt Romney I guess tried to reach out to black voters, but I think that he could have appealed more to us in terms of our Conservative views, clearing up some of the 43% remarks sooner, gay marriage, churches, taxes, crime, and other things. We are not stupid and certainly not unreachable. I am not saying that they should do the Democratic way of reaching demographics, I am saying that the Republicans have got to do a better job of reaching out to all people, or at least do a better job of doing so. They may actually be surprised; however another issue is the groupism in the black community. We have been treated horribly in this country and Republicans in general have a bad rap in the black community. That needs to be fixed, I mean the extreme groupism. My question is, what is the best way for the Republcans to "sell" their ideas to all of America, not just one group or another? It seems that the Republican party is guilty of one thing and that is give up on a populace that was once loyal to them.

Conservatism has gotten a horrible rap especially in the black community and it worked. The Tea Party, Conservatism, even the more moderate Fox News are treated with contempt by many black people (some of whom I know...don't read the youtube and facebook posts). It would be nice if we as black people do our own thing, go our own way, and unite. We may not even have to be party loyal, but we don't have to shut the Republicans out completely because the Dems are just as imperfect if not more so for black people. I am just disappointed that black people have not been a focus like Latinos have been. Why is it by the way that welfare, entitlements, and freebies have bcome code words for black people? Why is it that illegal immigration has been a code word for Latinos? All blacks are not on welfare or other entitlements and not all Latinos are illegals and not all illegals are Latinos. I don't like how much of the MSM covers black or Latinos including much of the black and Latino MSM. It is slanted, racist, and elitist, but that is just for another topic.

I certainly didn't mean to contradict myself, but I just wish that most black people will have their eyes opened like the people in this video. The Democrats have shown for generations that they care nothing about black people in particular. Their policies sound good on paper but the implementation is and has been a disaster. I think that all Americans should choose the Republican Party because the implementation of much of their views would better help all communities. Maybe they shouldn't target black people specifically but compared to the Democrats, the Republicans have had a raw deal in the last few generations plus when it comes to their selling of their ideas, particularly to us as black Americans, the Republicans are far behind. That was my point. I feel that much can be done but blaming slavery and the white man doesn't help us one bit. Black people have enough power and wealth ourselves, but a lot of black people like the people in the video in Chicago are corrupt and obviously don't seem to care about our own people. I shudder to think that our President was voted in because he is "black", not because of qualifications or character, which was or is a mistake a lot of Americans have made over the last few years.

I, for one, am glad that I didn't vote on color but on issues. I had my doubts that he is the right man for the job and as far as I am concerned, black people need leadership especially from our own leaders in our communities and our government to not allow us to be held back. It is sad that black people who have been treated horribly are still being lied to by the Democratic Party. I admit that this country would be a much better place if the majority of US citizens regardless of race or color were more conservative and hold fast to their Conservative political and cultural views. Agree or not, we have allowed ourselves to be blinded, exploited by the higher ups of the Democratic Party and also much of what is considered our "culture" is an embarrassment.

Black people have been taught that we were an African people whose ancestors were stripped of their ancestral cultural traits, though there is a grain of truth to that. We as black Americans are an assimilated people with a distinct cultural and historical heritage but that does not make us less American. After all, we have been here for centuries. We are a unique American people yet sadly there are some with a victim mentality and I believe that there are people who are feeding off of that. It is so sad. Culturally black people are family oriented, are for conservative principles and views, but like I mentioned, we have strayed away from that and just like the rest of society we have become a less godly, family oriented people which is I believe the crux of our black American culture and beliefs.

circa 2012.....

For all the Republican party says about "conservative values"....it doesn't do a thing about them. True, the GOP has aligned itself with the christian community...but that's more out of necessity than anything else. They see (the party officials themselves, not republican voters) the christian community as gullible and easily manipulated. The agenda the Republican party pushes isn't hard to figure out....just look at their actions....

They make promises to the christian community that they never even attempt to keep. They won't abolish abortion, they won't overturn gay marriage, they won't fight to put bibles back in schools (honestly, how many times have you heard a Republican say that?!?)....they don't work for the christian community because the christian community doesn't fund them.

They represent big business. They work for big business. They want to deregulate big business so that their partners in big business can make more money. They support war so their big business partners at Boeing and other large military companies can make more money. They want a pipeline across the U.S. so that cronies in big oil can make more money. They want these connections so they can get kickbacks, donations, and hopefully a high paying job as a lobbyist when they no longer get enough votes to stay in office.

So why the deception? Because if they came out and said, "I'm working for big business" they'd never get enough votes to win. The top 1% of wealthy Americans can't vote in hundreds of congressmen and senators. They need more people to vote for them...so they appeal to emotional issues that they know christians are all concerned about. If they actually solved any of those issues...what kind of appeals could they make?

Make no mistake about it...there's nothing in it for Republicans to put bibles into schools. They couldn't care less.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
For all the Republican party says about "conservative values"....it doesn't do a thing about them. True, the GOP has aligned itself with the christian community...but that's more out of necessity than anything else. They see (the party officials themselves, not republican voters) the christian community as gullible and easily manipulated. The agenda the Republican party pushes isn't hard to figure out....just look at their actions....

They make promises to the christian community that they never even attempt to keep. They won't abolish abortion, they won't overturn gay marriage, they won't fight to put bibles back in schools (honestly, how many times have you heard a Republican say that?!?)....they don't work for the christian community because the christian community doesn't fund them.

They represent big business. They work for big business. They want to deregulate big business so that their partners in big business can make more money. They support war so their big business partners at Boeing and other large military companies can make more money. They want a pipeline across the U.S. so that cronies in big oil can make more money. They want these connections so they can get kickbacks, donations, and hopefully a high paying job as a lobbyist when they no longer get enough votes to stay in office.

So why the deception? Because if they came out and said, "I'm working for big business" they'd never get enough votes to win. The top 1% of wealthy Americans can't vote in hundreds of congressmen and senators. They need more people to vote for them...so they appeal to emotional issues that they know christians are all concerned about. If they actually solved any of those issues...what kind of appeals could they make?

Make no mistake about it...there's nothing in it for Republicans to put bibles into schools. They couldn't care less.

The Republican Party isn't an entity of itself. It is made of people. Many people who consider themselves Christian agree with the philosophy of the Republican Party...they make their platforms based on what they believe the other members support. However, many people who are Christians agree with the philosophy of the Democratic Party...same deal. Party alignment doesn't mean that you aren't Christian or are Christian. It is more an extension of how you view the government function is supposed to function in our day to day lives.

And "Big Business" isn't evil either. Every Big business company started out as a small company at some time and simply grew. There is a reason why it grew....usually because it supplied a service or product that was desired by enough people to make it profitable. It is the customers that make a company successful....it isn't an evil conspiracy

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Republican Party isn't an entity of itself. It is made of people. Many people who consider themselves Christian agree with the philosophy of the Republican Party...they make their platforms based on what they believe the other members support. However, many people who are Christians agree with the philosophy of the Democratic Party...same deal. Party alignment doesn't mean that you aren't Christian or are Christian. It is more an extension of how you view the government function is supposed to function in our day to day lives.

And "Big Business" isn't evil either. Every Big business company started out as a small company at some time and simply grew. There is a reason why it grew....usually because it supplied a service or product that was desired by enough people to make it profitable. It is the customers that make a company successful....it isn't an evil conspiracy

Whoa....I never said anything about any evil conspiracy. Big business has the right to representation just like anyone else....they are made of people, sure.

However, the government...and those offices that our representatives hold exist to serve the people. Not some people, not whomever has the most money, not whomever donates the most to a campaign....but the people who elected him/her.

If an official's actions don't serve that end...then the government becomes a farce.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

circa 2012.....

Let's clarify certain very important issues:

First, you speak as if you have a monopoly on blackness in the USA. Please note that you do not. There are Latinos who are of both unmixed and mixed black ancestry and do not deserve to be marginalized racially in the manner that you so glibly attempt to do. They are your racial equivalents whether you like it or not. Language and culture has NOTHING to do with disqualifying them from their African Black heritage.

Second, there is a vast difference between the Latino family situation and the AA family structure situation. The AA community suffers from father absenteeism and mothers who are forced to raise their kids alone. The Latino family structure does not suffer from that sociological phenomenon with its dire negative consequences. That includes the Black segment of the Latino community as well. They do NOT share that social problem with AAs.

Third, you cannot include Latinos in your roster because Latinos are not ALL blacks. Latinos include all races both mixed and unmixed. So your lamentation about not including Latinos in the category of blacks as if they all were blacks and could be uincluded is a poignant example of ignorance par excellence.

Finally, please strive to be knowledgeable about the things you propagate as truth to others instead of relying on myopic personal opinions guided by sociologically induced bias..

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let's clarify certain very important issues:

First, you speak as if you have a monopoly on blackness in the USA. Please note that you do not. There are Latinos who are of both unmixed and mixed black ancestry and do not deserve to be marginalized racially in the manner that you so glibly attempt to do. They are your racial equivalents whether you like it or not. Language and culture has NOTHING to do with disqualifying them from their African Black heritage.

Second, there is a vast difference between the Latino family situation and the AA family structure situation. The AA community suffers from father absenteeism and mothers who are forced to raise their kids alone. The Latino family structure does not suffer from that sociological phenomenon with its dire negative consequences. That includes the Black segment of the Latino community as well. They do NOT share that social problem with AAs.

Third, you cannot include Latinos in your roster because Latinos are not ALL blacks. Latinos include all races both mixed and unmixed. So your lamentation about not including Latinos in the category of blacks as if they all were blacks and could be uincluded is a poignant example of ignorance par excellence.

Finally, please strive to be knowledgeable about the things you propagate as truth to others instead of relying on myopic personal opinions guided by sociologically induced bias..

:scratch:

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

^_^
What part stumps you? The English part? I can write it in Spanish, Romanian, Italian Portuguese if you understand it better in any of those language. Or better yet, use an online translator to help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Whoa....I never said anything about any evil conspiracy. Big business has the right to representation just like anyone else....they are made of people, sure.

However, the government...and those offices that our representatives hold exist to serve the people. Not some people, not whomever has the most money, not whomever donates the most to a campaign....but the people who elected him/her.

If an official's actions don't serve that end...then the government becomes a farce.
You have to keep in mind that presidential campaigns are very expensive and that the candidates are very often tempted to accept contributions from companies which will later demand certain legislative or government policy concessions.

So it is either accepting the contributions in order to enhance campaign efficiency and being beholden to those companies after being elected or perhaps risk losing the election by being somewhat short of funds. Most politicians tend to accept the contributions and provide the required compensation via concessions later.

In short, our elected representatives aren't just beholden to their individual constituents-hey are beholden to industrial complexes which have supported them financially as well. Think about that when you have trouble figuring out why we don't shift from petroleum-based fuels to a more environmentally safe renewable alternative more quickly.

Upvote 0