West Coast
✟15,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The teachings of men change with time, but the teachings of the Lord are eternal – 1 Peter 1:24-25

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

I think the eternal nature of God's truths is evident based on what happened during the great apostasy. Although people knew that they needed to follow the commandments and laws of God, the fulness of His gospel was not on the earth which led to the formation of dozens of new churches which interpreted God's laws differently. These different sects that sprung up caused many religious scholars like Martin Luther and John Calvin to question if the new churches were teaching eternal truths or if they were changing the meaning of these truths for material gain and influence. I know the restoration of the gospel brought back the fulness of the gospel to the world in the same form that existed when Jesus was on the earth. This is proof that no matter what happens in the world, the word of the Lord will always return to the earth to give us the opportunity to return to our Heavenly Father.

How has seeking eternal truths affectedyour life and how does that compare to how worldly truths have affected your life?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The teachings of men change with time, but the teachings of the Lord are eternal – 1 Peter 1:24-25

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

I think the eternal nature of God's truths is evident based on what happened during the great apostasy. Although people knew that they needed to follow the commandments and laws of God, the fulness of His gospel was not on the earth which led to the formation of dozens of new churches which interpreted God's laws differently. These different sects that sprung up caused many religious scholars like Martin Luther and John Calvin to question if the new churches were teaching eternal truths or if they were changing the meaning of these truths for material gain and influence. I know the restoration of the gospel brought back the fulness of the gospel to the world in the same form that existed when Jesus was on the earth. This is proof that no matter what happens in the world, the word of the Lord will always return to the earth to give us the opportunity to return to our Heavenly Father.

How has seeking eternal truths affectedyour life and how does that compare to how worldly truths have affected your life?
Welcome. The Holy Spirit guilds me in all truth and conviction. The world is where I live to reveal that guidance. Be blessed.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello TrevorIKAD,
welcome to CF

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

344365_10e2a1f7a84c759008fd505dcca0b105.gif

342373_4e16b051a519b7a7b764183bba0f8cee.gif

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,045.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Hello Trevor - so pleased you have joined us - hope you will feel very welcome here.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0