California
✟41,185.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wrote on my facebook that there is no excuse for saying anything bad even for a millisecond and someone that is my friend on there wrote that yes there is and about human nature and things like that. I don't think anyone should ever make a mistake about what they say for even a millisecond. I do not think that it is ok because I have a fear of saying something that is satanic and I pray quick prayers about it and ask my mother to pray as well. Please tell me what you think about my thoughts.

EDIT: An example is when I pray to God. Dear Lord, I pray that I do NOT follow the devil ( I don't think I always say that). I am scared of what would happen if I left the NOT out of it.

Last edited:

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, God would know what's in your heart and spirit right? No need to worry about how the world judges and perceives us (or at least, such pales in comparison to what God knows about us and how He sees us)

Going by your example, this doesnt sound like a very healthy thing to worry about. I've had many thoughts similar to the one you described and these thoughts are unnecessarily hyper-analytical and the more I listened to them the farther down a rationalizing rabbit-hole I went. The destination only left me feeling guilty and disassociated from the real, true feelings of Love from Christ. I'll pray you don't beat yourself up about it too much if you pray for me to get my lazy butt up this morning and go to work.

Reactions: TonyT316
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your desire to please God is admirable., But I suggest that you approach serving God in a more relaxed manner. He doesn't want his servants to be constantly stricken with worry. He wants us to rejoice instead.

Philippians 4:4 NIV
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus knows your heart and as you said you would never say anything against God. God knows that because God knows His Children.

Have faith in that God is who He says He is and that God looks at our hearts. You are actually in a very good place with a pure heart and love for God.

Do not let things like words shake you. Give God praise and love.

You were bought with a price by Christ and He has made you a 'new creation' be the new creation Christ created and forget these little things that Satan is trying to trip you up with. It's very small these things that you are letting bother you. Confess with your voice that Jesus Christ is Lord. Confess with your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord. Confess with your mind that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Your confessions of faith are much stronger than any of those other words.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hebrews tells us we have a "better" covenant than did the Israelites. They came to a mountain, Horeb, that breathed fire and could not be touched, but we have come to Mount Zion, the fountain of mercy and grace and joy.

Paul expands on this in 2Cor 1-3, where he talks about the compassion of God. And in Ch. 3 he zeros in on the differences between the two covenants. The letter kills, he says, but the spirit gives life.

Your desire for perfection is commendable. But if it gets out of hand it leaves the faith realm and descends into works-salvation. This is precisely what the Lord came to do away with, because when salvation is on our shoulders, we will fail. It has to be based only on the completed work of Christ on our behalf, and it is accessed through faith, not performance. The Lord is more concerned with our intent than our performance.

This is why Jesus can extend that wonderful invitation to rest at the end of Mt 11. His yoke is easy and His burden, light.

Upvote 0