• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Thought I'd share something that has helped me a lot

bornagain98

Jul 27, 2019
Dingess
✟17,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was watching Rabbi Kirt Scheider's YouTube videos and he gave a good piece of advice.
Ask yourself where thoughts are coming from. I often get these thoughts that everyone is secretly laughing at me and I imagine situations where someone would be mean to me or hurt my feelings. Sometimes I just allow myself to think on and on imagining situations that have a very low likelihood of even ever happening.

I have started to think "Is this from God?". If I recognize that a thought is not from God, it is way easier to dismiss. When I do this, it is way easier to bring this thought into captivity.

No thought that you are worthless, ugly, stupid, or unlovable is ever from God.

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have started to think "Is this from God?". If I recognize that a thought is not from God, it is way easier to dismiss. When I do this, it is way easier to bring this thought into captivity.

No thought that you are worthless, ugly, stupid, or unlovable is ever from God.

Thank you for sharing. That's a really helpful strategy. :)

Upvote 0

JohnTh

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
✟32,051.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0