• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Thought about denying Christ that I did not mean

Discussion in 'Obsessive Compulsive Disorder' started by Job405, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Job405

Job405 New Member

+27
    Finland
    Christian
    Single
    So this morning I was laying in bed and had a thought about denying Christ. I did not mean it, it was more like testing God, but I immediately had this bad feeling in my gut after thinking the thought and repented. I don't even remember the full thought anymore.

Is it over for me? Is this kind of thought something that can be forgiven or is it the unforgivable sin?

I am using a medicine called abilify which makes you engage in risky behaviour, I think part of it was due to that.

Now I feel really bad and have just been repeating "I accept Christ" over and over again, and praying. I feel really numb. I want to cry but I cannot. I hope there is still mercy for me! Need your prayers.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli ~□~

+2,837
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    It's totally forgivable. You are forgiven already.

3. Job405

Job405 New Member

+27
    Finland
    Christian
    Single
    Well Peter did deny Christ thrice infront of men and he was forgiven ... so I guess I am forgiven.

4. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,826
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    You are fine. Peter denied Christ three times. You'd think that would be final. Nope. Lord Jesus forgave him and confirmed Peter as an apostle.

5. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+1,455
    Non-Denom
    A sin about being tempted to deny Christ? Hold on now. It's not even a sin to be tempted this way or to have this wrong thought to come into your mind. To be tempted isn't a sin. If so then Jesus sinned as well for he was tempted too!

Matthew 4:1-4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

What matters is if you actually did it...turn away from Christ. And even if they did God has mercy for the backslider as you can read about the prodigal son in Luke 15.

And if you do sin you don't have to keep saying, "I accept Christ, I accept Christ" over and over again. You're his child if you've accepted him before. You don't go from being his son, not being his son, being his son not being so ....YOU ARE HIS SON. Now if your relationship with him needs strengthened well do what it takes to do that but you don't need to receive him again and again and again.

6. Broken Fence

Broken Fence Stand with Jesus. He is with you in the whirlwind. Supporter

+1,114
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Acceptance

I cried upon my weary
    Engulfed in fear
    Toe tap to bottle cap
    I sit with You near

You caught my every tear
    My prayer You heard
    You comforted my care
    You spoke Your word

Listen close to His Kind tongue
    Jesus leads us onward ho
    Takes us by His hand
    Watches as we grow

7. Job405

Job405 New Member

+27
    Finland
    Christian
    Single
    The thing is I think I thought that thought, without meaning it. Like thinking "I want to eat potatoes" even though I do not want to eat potatoes.

8. Job405

Job405 New Member

+27
    Finland
    Christian
    Single
    Any more input on this?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. drstevej

drstevej Light Attracts Bugs Staff Member Chaplain Supporter

+23,928
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    You might find these sI did helpful regarding forgiveness:

Grace and Peace
    Chaplain Steve

2: Confession IS Good for the Soul

3: Leaving the Shackles of Guilt Behind [updated]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Job405

Job405 New Member

+27
    Finland
    Christian
    Single
    Today I was in prayer and felt the Holy Spirit in me. His presence to me is like this gentle energy followed usually by a feeling of joy and tears of joy. It was similar to the feeling I got when I first prayed in tongues last year and was filled with the Holy Spirit, except lower in intensity. I think I am forgiven!