May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The Living Stone
…9But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10for you once were NOT A PEOPLE, but now you are THE PEOPLE OF GOD; you had NOT RECEIVED MERCY, but now you have RECEIVED MERCY. 11Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.…

Hosea 2:23
I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called 'Not my loved one.' I will say to those called 'Not my people,' 'You are my people'; and they will say, 'You are my God.'"

Romans 9:25
As he says in Hosea: "I will call them 'my people' who are not my people; and I will call her 'my loved one' who is not my loved one,"

Hosea has children to represent the northern kingdom which would be shown no mercy, but Judah will receive mercy.

The kingdom of Northern Israel becomes,'' Not his people.''

Hosea’s Wife and Children
2When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, “Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.” So he married Gomer daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.
4Then the Lord said to Hosea, “Call him Jezreel, because I will soon punish the house of Jehu for the massacre at Jezreel, and I will put an end to the kingdom of Israel. In that day I will break Israel’s bow in the Valley of Jezreel.”
Gomer conceived again and gave birth to a daughter. Then the Lord said to Hosea, “Call her Lo-Ruhamah (which means “not loved”),

:idea: for I will no longer show love to Israel, that I should at all forgive them. Yet I will show love to Judah; and I will save them—not by bow, sword or battle, or by horses and horsemen, but I, the Lord their God, will save them.”
After she had weaned Lo-Ruhamah, Gomer had another son. Then the Lord said, “Call him Lo-Ammi (which means “not my people”), for you are not my people, and I am not your God.

“Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘children of the living God.’ The people of Judah and the people of Israel will come together; they will appoint one leader and will come up out of the land, for great will be the day of Jezreel.

Jesus comes to show a great light to the gentiles of the land of Naphtali and Zebulun.

The sign of the Messiah

Isaiah 9:1

Never the less the gloom will not be upon her who is distressed, As when at first he lightly esteemed the Land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterwards more heavily oppressed her.

God oppressed northern Israel and they came under the yoke of Assyria, but he promises to come back to this afflicted kingdom and shine a light into it.

. 2The people who walk in darkness Will see a great light; Those who live in a dark land, The light will shine on them. 3You shall multiply the nation, You shall increase their gladness; They will be glad in Your presence As with 1But there will be no more gloom for her who was in anguish; in earlier times He treated the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtalithe gladness of harvest, As men rejoice when they divide the spoil.…

Hosea 2
23I will plant her for myself in the land;
I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one.g ’
I will say to those called ‘Not my people,h ’ ‘You are my people’;
and they will say, ‘You are my God.’ ”

The Prophet Isaiah speaking of the Northern Kingdom in the land of Naphtali and Zebulun, to those God had said,'' You are not my people, and I will not be your God.

Matthew 4
12When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee. 13Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali— 14to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah:
15“Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles—
16the people living in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death
a light has dawned.”

All of these prophecies are about the northern kingdom which was shown no mercy, Judah was still loved, but no mercy was shown to the Northern kingdom of Israel.

The people who sat in darkness is the Northern kingdom of Israel.

• Agree
Reactions: Yahudim

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The people of Judah and the people of Israel will come together; they will appoint one leader and will come up out of the land, for great will be the day of Jezreel.

Hello HF, what do you think of the KJV translation of Hosea 1:11 where "ro'sh" is translated as "head"? We already know that Paul quotes from Hoshea. Could it be that this is one of the primary sources from where Paul gets the foundational premise that Yeshua is the head of the congregation body?

Hosea 1:11 KJV
11. Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, [ro'sh 'echad] and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

Great shall be the day when you are called up out of your land! :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But he wasn't appointed, he was rejected.

If someone is wrongly accused and put to death by the court system of Amerika does that make all Americans murderers or should we consider that the term applies more appropriately to the judges and prosecutors who failed the community? Likewise in the End even the High Priest ordained for that moment and time spoke the truth and prophesied:

John 11:49-52 KJV
49. And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,
50. Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
51. And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
52. And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Everyone having brought his offering to the Door of the Tabernacle will be given half of what you need. Therefore I occupy, trade, and help rebuild the nation til the householder returns to settle accounts. At the same time I hope always to be ready and willing to cut off my own mind so as to put on the mind of Messiah, (chop, chop! snip, snip! ;) ).

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟136,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But he wasn't appointed, he was rejected.
Shalom Lulav, I miss you.

As always, it depends on whom you believe is doing the appointing and whom you believe is doing the rejecting.

Upvote 0