Those who believe the perfect in 1 Cor 13:10 refers to the 2nd coming...

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you first started "spiritual growth" you don't possess all spiritual gifts but "part" ie you might have gift of wisdom, another might have faith etc (see chapter 12). This is "part" not "complete". (Spirit distribute each gifts just as He determines.)

But when you receive the gift of Love there is no more "part" but "complete" spiritual gifts. I.e All gifts in your possession (wisdom, faith, knowledge, power, prophecy etc)

So those 3 gifts will still remain even after the perfect comes?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alright then, as I have already stated to you from the very beginning here, Zacchaeus's story is the prime example that many people would used to reason to themselves, and I see that you are also using it here.
You seem to think Zacchaeus situation is not sufficient. Care to explain why with the Bible?
My guess is that you are not able to do so and you are just ignoring this truth in Scripture that demolishes your belief here.
I also presented plenty of other Scriptural evidence here to refute your false line of thinking on Luke 12:33.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to think Zacchaeus situation is not sufficient. Care to explain why with the Bible?
My guess is that you are not able to do so and you are just ignoring this truth in Scripture that demolishes your belief here.
It’s over. The debate on this point has be won, unless you can explain away how Zacchaeus and his situation is totally unrelated or something.

As I already said to you, you cannot change other people's mind if they don't want to.

If you want to consider that as a victory, be my guest

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I already said to you, you cannot change other people's mind if they don't want to.

If you want to consider that as a victory, be my guest
Again, some kind of explanation with Scripture is needed on some of these points, otherwise your stand or position is illogical, and baseless. Anyone can quote a verse or verses out of context to the rest of the Bible. It’s whole different matter to look at the whole counsel of God’s Word whereby that doctrine or truth breathes cohesively.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is because Scripture says little about the matter. However I wouldn't think the little said is vague.

You are naturally very clear about what you are thinking. But the reader cannot read your mind so they can only gauge from the words you type.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are naturally very clear about what you are thinking. But the reader cannot read your mind so they can only gauge from the words you type.

The important Truths that are transformative are caught rather than taught.

That is why devotional reading of Scripture is so important.

Yes we need good analysis of language at times to fine tune the backbone of our faith but that on its own is like a skeleton without flesh.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The important Truths that are transformative are caught rather than taught.

That is why devotional reading of Scripture is so important.

Yes we need good analysis of language at times to fine tune the backbone of our faith but that on its own is like a skeleton without flesh.

My question to you was

What do you still need to hope for, after you are living the resurrected life and free from the sin nature?

Can you provide some examples?

You replied with a yes, but you gave no specific examples, only vague motherhood statements like "learning more and more about Him and His awesome acts. This is an eternal process in which our hopeful expectation is continually met."

Do you think any of your readers can read that and understand what are you saying?

Upvote 0