Those who attack you if you don't wear a mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The subject of masks is controversial, as is the whole CoVid19 scare.

I have researched the topic in depth, and have never worn a mask and never will unless I have to do so. So far two people out in public have tried to get me to wear a mask. One was a cashier who told me where I could buy one in the store - which did not mandate mask wearing. Another lady just approached me in a grocery store and said she could give me a mask if I wanted one - as if I was too indigent or clueless or whatever to have gotten one on my own if I wanted to do so.

The temptation is to get angry, even prideful. What my prideful heart would like to say is, "Why is it that you, a perfect stranger, assume your research skills, critical thinking skills and overall intelligence are so superior to mine that you can try to tell me what to do in regard to my body, and my health?"

I tried citing my research gently, and that just resulted in my being called "crazy".

But...we are to be at peace with others as much as it is possible.

However you feel about masks, please pray for me not to get angry and to not get into any conflicts. Currently I am thinking of responding "Be blessed. Be enlightened. Bye!" as I walk away. Thank you.

Please don't try to talk me into wearing a mask or try to make me feel guilty. Again, I've done my research. On both sides - and I am not going to change my mind.

Last edited:

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So far two people out in public have tried to get me to wear a mask. One was a cashier who told me where I could buy one in the store - which did not mandate mask wearing. Another lady just approached me in a grocery store and said she could give me a mask if I wanted one...

Both of those sound like people who took pains to be polite and not accusatory.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Both of those sound like people who took pains to be polite and not accusatory.
I wouldn't say that calling someone "crazy" is non accusatory or polite. Assuming you have the right to give unsolicited advice about another's personal health is not polite.

Reactions: TexFire316
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have researched the topic in depth, and have never worn a mask and never will unless I have to do so. So far two people out in public have tried to get me to wear a mask. One was a cashier who told me where I could buy one in the store - which did not mandate mask wearing. Another lady just approached me in a grocery store and said she could give me a mask if I wanted one - as if I was too indigent or clueless or whatever to have gotten one on my own if I wanted to do so.

The temptation is to get angry, even prideful. What my prideful heart would like to say is, "Why is it that you, a perfect stranger, assumes your research skills, critical thinking skills and overall intelligence is so superior to mine that you can try to tell me what to do in regard to my body, and my health?"

I tried citing my research gently, and that just resulted in my being called "crazy".

However you feel about masks, please pray for me not to get angry and to not get into any conflicts. Currently I am thinking of responding "Be blessed. Be enlightened. Bye!" as I walk away. Thank you.

Please don't try to talk me into wearing a mask or try to make me feel guilty. Again, I've done my research. On both sides - and I am not going to change my mind.
Matthew 7:12 Therefore, whatever you wish that men should do unto you, do ye even so to them, ...

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 7:12 Therefore, whatever you wish that men should do unto you, do ye even so to them, ...
I wish that people would respect my constitutional freedoms to make my own decision, and grant them the respect to make their own decisions

Reactions: TexFire316
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It was their initial approach to you that I was referring to. Anyway, I will pray as you requested we do.
Again, anyone who approaches a perfect stranger, to prod and pressure them on anything, especially about their bodies and personal health, is not being polite.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

The temptation is to get angry, even prideful. What my prideful heart would like to say is, "Why is it that you, a perfect stranger, assumes your research skills, critical thinking skills and overall intelligence is so superior to mine that you can try to tell me what to do in regard to my body, and my health?"

I am wondering why you feel you have the right to pass on what can be a very destructive and even fatal disease to others. It is certainly not enlightened nor a blessing to get this. Are you aware of the latest autopsy findings? There can literally be 1000's of blood clots throughout the body. People can be totally asymptomatic and have this and give it to others. The damage done can last months, and may even be permanent. Why do you feel you can place others in such jeopardy?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am wondering why you feel you have the right to pass on what can be a very destructive and even fatal disease to others. It is certainly not enlightened nor a blessing to get this. Are you aware of the latest autopsy findings? There can literally be 1000's of blood clots throughout the body. People can be totally asymptomatic and have this and give it to others. The damage done can last months, and may even be permanent. Why do you feel you can place others in such jeopardy?
I have done my research, as I have said. This is a prayer forum, not a debate forum. My research, hours and hours of it, is based on actual data presented by top flight medical professionals. I generally don't know the level of research or critical thinking skills that others have, but I do trust my own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have done my research, as I have said. This is a prayer forum, not a debate forum.

Did not notice the forum---however, I was not debating, I did, however, ask a question as to what makes you think you can essentially murder someone with your selfishness? I also have done a great deal of research, it is just about all that I do, in fact, not to mention being in the medical field for 30 years and have access to a great deal of professional literature. . But, that's OK, you need not answer. I'm sure God knows. I will certainly be praying for you.

Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Did not notice the forum---however, I was not debating, I did, however, ask a question as to what makes you think you can essentially murder someone with your selfishness? I also have done a great deal of research, it is just about all that I do, in fact, not to mention being in the medical field for 30 years and have access to a great deal of professional literature. . But, that's OK, you need not answer. I'm sure God knows. I will certainly be praying for you.
I did ask at the start for prayer, but for anyone to not try to put me on a guilt trip - which will not be effective. I asked only for prayer to be polite when strangers approach me, pressuring me to follow along their chosen path. I don't know you. I know the credentials and histories of the top flight medical professionals who presented data for all to see. I know my own mind and I know how to think things through for myself.

"Murder someone with your own selfishness." Does that fit into the guidelines for this forum? I'll be praying for you too, dear.

I would present data showing how masks let viruses and bacteria pass through right along with the air, and are actually a health hazard, but did not do so because this is a prayer forum, not an unsolicited advice forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I did ask at the start for prayer for anyone to not try to put me on a guilt trip - which will not be effective. I asked only for prayer to be polite when strangers approach me, pressuring me to follow along their chosen path. I don't know you. I know the credentials and histories of the top flight medical professionals who presented data for all to see. I know my own mind and I know how to think things through for myself. I'll be praying for you too, dear.

"Murder someone with your own selfishness." Does that fit into the guidelines for this forum? I would present data showing how masks are actually a health hazard, but did not do so because this is a prayer forum, not an unsolicited advice forum.

Didn't give any advice. So we'll just pray for each other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You should obey civil laws as a good Christian. If there's a possibility that wearing mask helps prevent spread of the virus, please wear it
Why are you assuming there are civil laws in my area that require me to wear a mask? There are none. We still have our constitutional rights in that area in my state.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
P.S. "If there is a possibility...." every time you get in a car, there is a possibility that you will get hurt. In fact, since most accidents happen in the homes, there is a possibility that just moving around there that you could get hurt.

We don't live our lives by what is a possibility, or we would never leave our doors. We make decisions, hopefully, based on data. I think there is a data based "possibility", as mentioned above, that masks don't block out viruses and are a health hazard due to the fact that they decrease natural healthy airflow, decrease oxygen and increase carbon dioxide. Not to mention that many masks are made with plastics and that their particulates get sucked into the lungs.

I believe, per research, that if the air goes through a mask, germs and viruses go right along with it. Or, some will get stuck to the mask and you will suck them back into your lungs.

You go with what possibilities you believe, and let me go with the ones I believe.

Allow me to repeat. This is an OP requesting prayer, per the forum guidelines.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did ask at the start for prayer, but for anyone to not try to put me on a guilt trip - which will not be effective. I asked only for prayer to be polite when strangers approach me, pressuring me to follow along their chosen path. I don't know you. I know the credentials and histories of the top flight medical professionals who presented data for all to see. I know my own mind and I know how to think things through for myself.

"Murder someone with your own selfishness." Does that fit into the guidelines for this forum? I'll be praying for you too, dear.

I would present data showing how masks let viruses and bacteria pass through right along with the air, and are actually a health hazard, but did not do so because this is a prayer forum, not an unsolicited advice forum.
Can you present your research on another forum please?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.