Those who are born again can NEVER be lost.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you.

It's so sad that some teach that we can lose our salvation.

Some think you can lose your salvation and then gain it back again then lose it again and possibly gain it back again.

So if I am saved on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday but not on Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday I better be very careful what day I die on -- that's so ridiculous!

M-Bob

In Romans 11:17-24 says the branches can be grafted in then cut off and grafted in again.

• Agree
Reactions: fhansen
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don’t believe it is truth because it doesn’t explain John 15:1-10. If eternal security was true then Jesus’ message in John 15 is useless.

Amen! - the promises are conditional just as Jer 18 says... just as Ezek 18 says... just as Matthew 18 points out with "Forgiveness revoked".

Jer 18
7 If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, 8 and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. 9 And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, 10 and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.

Matthew 18
32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On the Contrary - the promises are conditional just as Jer 18 says... just as Ezek 18 says... just as Matthew 18 points out with "Forgiveness revoked".

Jer 18
7 If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, 8 and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. 9 And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, 10 and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.

Matthew 18
32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

Perhaps you misunderstood my post brother Bob I also believe salvation is conditional. In John 15 Jesus warns His 11 faithful apostles of the consequences of failing to abide in Him and failing to bear fruit. The result is they would be cut off from the vine (Jesus) thrown away to wither and thrown into the fire to be burned.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you misunderstood my post brother Bob I also believe salvation is conditional. In John 15 Jesus warns His 11 faithful apostles of the consequences of failing to abide in Him and failing to bear fruit. The result is they would be cut off from the vine (Jesus) thrown away to wither and thrown into the fire to be burned.

oops!!
Sorry about that!
(Have made a correction in my post... sorry for getting confused on the post)

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fear of the Lord is certainly a good thing-and a mark of a true believer. It's not, however, the only mark and it's not as if someone couldn't have fear for other reasons such as mental disturbances: anxiety, over-scrupulosity, obsessive fear of death, etc.

Either way, will a believer, depending on the time and opportunity given, persevere in a faith-born fear which should also tend to transform increasingly into love as he continues to walk with his Lord and work out his salvation with Him?

The reason given for the future promise of the fear of the Lord for New Covenant believers through Jeremiah was to cause them to remain in salvation...

If you doubt this read the verses again.

Jer 32:
38“They shall be My people, and I will be their God; 39and I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good and for the good of their children after them. 40“I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.

Bear in mind that the fear of the Lord spoken of, has no relation to natural fears of death etc.

It is a different fear on a complete different level as anyone who has had a genuine encounter with Him will tell you.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟173,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand how one can lose it, since eternal life is a free gift or did God keep the receipts of his purchased possession incase he wanted to return some of us?

If salvation needs to be kept by works or some other means, then that would imply that Jesus sacrifice wasn't enough to pay for ones sins.

I see perserviance of the saints as evidence one has experienced the new birth. Not necessarily linked to salvation but just evidence of being indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟909,909.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I haven't posted here in a while. I have to add to those here who are trying to say that Eternal security is a false doctrine. What sins can one commit then for them to permanently lose their salvation? What sins? Because last I checked salvation was a once for all thing (see Hebrews 9:28). So what sin can a person possibly commit that would undo that once for all process? You've really got me curious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums