Those who are born again can NEVER be lost.

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,709.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Once a person comes to Jesus for salvation and receives the gift of the Holy Spirit nothing can take their salvation away. That person becomes a part of Gods family and will NEVER be turned down or lost (John 6:37-40). They are sealed by the Holy Spirit for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30) and nothing in heaven or on Earth can take their new Birth away. Those who are born again will never be plucked out of Gods hand and are given Eternal life (John 10:27-30).

But what about those who fall away? The Bible gives numerous warnings about falling away. Well a person who has been born again will NEVER leave the faith and those who do were NEVER born again (see 1 John 2:19).

I tell you today and I tell you for an eternity about the security in Jesus for those who believe. Those who are called, chosen, and predestined to share in God's kingdom will share in the glory of God. (Ephesians 1:4-5, Romans 8:28-30, 1 Peter 1:20, John 15:16). Period.

So what do you think is the truth? Discuss.

I agree! All aspects of our redemption is entirely from God, including our perseverance to the end!

However, some will charge us with what they charged the apostles of teaching, that you can be legally justified by faith and still live in sin (Romans 6:1-14). On the contrary, the apostle Paul states that union with Christ is prerequisite to an obedience and godly life, you cannot be righteous in life without first being right with God. Also, you cannot be converted without being changed. The beloved John even states that no one born again can continue in sin.

"No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep sinning, because he has been born of God." - 1 John 3:9

When someone is regenerated, converted, and justified, they are indwelt with God's Spirit (as you have said above) to not only seal them in Christ (Ephesians 4:30), but also to lead them into holiness.

"I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules." - Ezekiel 36:26-27

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once a person comes to Jesus for salvation and receives the gift of the Holy Spirit nothing can take their salvation away. That person becomes a part of Gods family and will NEVER be turned down or lost (John 6:37-40). They are sealed by the Holy Spirit for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30) and nothing in heaven or on Earth can take their new Birth away. Those who are born again will never be plucked out of Gods hand and are given Eternal life (John 10:27-30).

But what about those who fall away? The Bible gives numerous warnings about falling away. Well a person who has been born again will NEVER leave the faith and those who do were NEVER born again (see 1 John 2:19).

I tell you today and I tell you for an eternity about the security in Jesus for those who believe. Those who are called, chosen, and predestined to share in God's kingdom will share in the glory of God. (Ephesians 1:4-5, Romans 8:28-30, 1 Peter 1:20, John 15:16). Period.

I agree to a degree. I do believe the scriptures describe the dangers of falling away and this is given to the church at hand. We can not assume all this messaging is for the ones who "really aren't saved" but we should be cautioned to believe that it may be possible for some reason to fall away. For example there is great emphasis on falling away and deception by the seven churches in Revelation and the warnings given by Christ...

Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.

Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, [g]which thing I hate. 16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

“I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. 2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before[b]God. 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.

I guess I ask, why give all these warnings to the unsaved? Maybe because the saved run the risk of falling away?

Blessings

• Agree
Reactions: Oldmantook
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Being born again is being baptized.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall
enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth
the will of my Father which is in heaven."

What does it matter if you fornicate and steal everyday if I am saved and don't come with that stupid excuse that "not being really a Christian" because you say that all you need is believing and that's it.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with most of what was said. However, what about those who have very little knowledge about Christ, poorly taught about Him in our homes and churches (Sunday schools that I've experienced)? Let me tell you, I have called myself a Christian for a while because I grew up in a (what I recognize) half-christian home. Then I began hating Christians due to their behaviour to others and one another.

However, all that said, I STILL believed in God. I couldn't deny Him at all, I knew He was (and is) real. I was lost. I didn't have faith because of all the deception I was taught, and yet I clung to what little truth I had from God Himself in my heart.

Everyone is born with a seed of life in them: Genesis 2:7, Job 32:8.

It is the rejection of Jesus Christ that takes us away from Eternal Life, choosing sin/death over the Righteousness of God/Life: John 3:36

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

2 Timothy 4

3For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine (doctrine - so these must be believers - non-believers don't know or care about doctrine), but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires. 4So they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Hebrews 10

26 If we (Paul speaking to believers) deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice (there was one sacrifice) for sins remains (remains - once covered by the blood of His sacrifice, but does not remain), 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume all adversaries. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think one deserves to be punished who has trampled on the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant that sanctified (past tense) him, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

Upvote 0

JAYPT

Nov 30, 2018
Western
✟19,563.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
You're right it's our rewards we can lose not our salvation. There isn't a single verse in the Bible that says that a born again believer can become unborn again. In fact it says quite the opposite it says that believers are sealed for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30). If a Christian can become unborn and lose their salvation than Jesus lied in several passages of the Bible and that just cannot be true. Because God cannot lie.

So what rewards? There are no "rewards", there is a reward, Jesus. So did it all become about square footage in heaven? Or how about jewelry? No its not about any of that, its about Jesus. Paul says next to knowing Christ, everything else is dung. So when did "rewards" become important? Jesus said he is coming back bringing His reward (singular), eternal life with Him.

What does the parable of vineyard workers say about heaven? They all worked differently and got paid the same.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Then feel free to take the mark of the beast as genuine believers can never lose their eternal life correct?

Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's just circular reasoning. No-one who is truly born again can ever fall away. Therefore someone who falls away was never truly born again, even though they believed they were, perhaps for many years. Therefore someone who believes they are born again can never be sure they really are born again, since they cannot see the future, and therefore do not know if they will ever fall away.

Upvote 0

Roidecoeur78

This world is not my home.
Dec 14, 2018
Midwest
✟28,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If receiving the Word(in one's heart, at the second birth, through baptism of, and being sealed by, the Holy Spirit) is the means of Salvation, and Jesus says 3 out of 4 soils that even receive the word will fail to keep it alive and fruitful, then for all intents and purposes those 3 soils that are unfit have "lost" salvation; unless you play the "can't lose what they never had" card, but clearly they had but did not retain what they had (in other words, they lost it). Granted, the 1 good soil is the genuine article that will not ever lose salvation.

“When they hear the word, immediately [they] receive it with joy; and they have no firm root in themselves, but are only temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away” Mark 4:16-17

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I completely agree with you that the Bible teaches that truth. In addition, the Bible gives full responsibility to humans for all their actions, thoughts, and feelings. I don't know how those two truths work together, but they do. Some mysteries don't allow us to solve them.

Upvote 0
Feb 6, 2019
Malone
✟8,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I 100% agree with you. Those who are born again will never be lost and it is impossible for born again believers to become lost because then how can God give his promise of Eternal life? It makes no sense. It would make God a liar.

Good point. Eternal security is established by at least two facts concerning Eternal Life. One is the fact that Jesus said it can never be lost John 10:28. Second is the fact that Eternal Life begins here and now in this life.
Upon exercising true faith, we pass from death to life:
John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.”
This happens by the resurrecting power of God. That's right, the resurrection begins in this life. New birth by the Spirit means new life, Eternal Life:
Ephesians 1:16-20
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that... you may know... what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places

Agreed. Eternal life has to be a free gift or else it isn't Eternal and Christs sacrifice wouldn't have been sufficient enough to save.

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,120.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friends I notice that there are few if any references to the prophesies of Jeremiah concerning the New Covenant to come.

He makes it clear in Jer 32:40 that the indwelling fear of Him would seal New Covenant believers against falling away...

The holy Spirit has seven aspects detailed in Isaiah 11:2 one of which is the fear of Him.

This is how he seals against sinning to the point of loosing salvation.

Please consider this simple way of explaining to those who question our undeserved salvation.

Blessings

Carl Emerson.

Upvote 0
Feb 6, 2019
Malone
✟8,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who are born again (baptized) can certainly be lost if they die outside of God's friendship (in mortal sin).

So the Catholics say. But the Bible doesn't even talk about mortal sins it says that ALL sins are equal to God. And that Jesus already paid the price for our sin so the idea of purgatory is just ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Feb 6, 2019
Malone
✟8,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friends I notice that there are few if any references to the prophesies of Jeremiah concerning the New Covenant to come.

He makes it clear in Jer 32:40 that the indwelling fear of Him would seal New Covenant believers against falling away...

The holy Spirit has seven aspects detailed in Isaiah 11:2 one of which is the fear of Him.

This is how he seals against sinning to the point of loosing salvation.

Please consider this simple way of explaining to those who question our undeserved salvation.

Blessings

Carl Emerson.
Great post I didn't know about that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟322,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The biggest problem is that no one knows with 100% certainty who will persevere to the end and who will not. A self-assessment of one's status isn't enough even if we can have a level of assurance- based mainly on our fruits; God, alone, knows with perfect certainty whose names are written in the Book of Life and whose are not.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟322,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
His chosen are sealed by the fear of Him Jer 32:40 we know with 100% certainty that for this reason we will not fall away.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.
True enough. Except "they" in Jer 32:40 go unnamed. We don't know who the elect are in the absolute sense.

Upvote 0

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You raise a good point but I'd be careful of what you say here. It's against the rules here to call a person not a Christian or question their salvation. Plus I didn't really lie I really do believe that SDAs, Catholics, and other controversial denominations are saved because they agree with the key points of Christianity like the Trinity, Jesus's death burial and resurrection..etc. Remeber scripture says that all who believe in Jesus will be saved. Not those who believe in Jesus will be saved but they also have to 100% believe in things that other people believe and believe is truth.

Just because I am right on Eternal Security and that its a doctrine taught in the bible doesn't mean that every single Christian has to agree with me in order to be saved. The other side has arguments to it as well. And quite valid ones which is why I'm interested in debating with people who disagree with me. Salvation is by coming to God as the dirty rotten sinners we all are and begging him for forgiveness. And that forgiveness is through his Son Jesus Christ. Without Christ there is no forgiveness. Remember Christ will NEVER turn down a truly repentant heart.

Upvote 0