Those uncertain as to whom to support politically should watch Kavanaugh hearings

charity1

Aug 27, 2018
Caney, KS
✟9,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Even if you didn't know a thing about the Dems or the Reps, watching the hearings is very telling.

True, doing that won't tell you EVERYTHING you probably should know on how to make up your mind which party to be in (would it?) but it will tell you quite a bit.

Unfortunately, you probably have missed the best part of the hearings already (? But God knows---). I refer to the part where K talked about the homeless, quoting Mt 25:31-46, which if you don't know or recall, has to do with helping the less fortunate and when you do so, you are helping Jesus Christ Himself). I don't cry easily, but I teared up, and maybe Lindsey Graham (Senator) did as well... his eyes looked a little reddish. Anyway, I love this about Kavanaugh: that he does not think he is better than the homeless people, whom he serves meals to.

He said that anyone could be in that situation.

I love this guy.

I am less enthused about the answers he has given about Roe v Wade but what other answers can he give? R v W IS "precedent" and does have to be looked @ when a similar issue comes b4 the Supreme Court. It is really too bad that a nominee has to thread such a needle in answering questions but, as Graham said... something to the effect of What is this country coming to? (that may be verbatim what he said). What I mean is: you can't always say, even in this "free" country, what you really think -- without suffering some kind of set back or another..

In any case, despite the Dems trying to trip this nominee up, going so far as to break the rules of the Senate to do so (not surprised in the least), I love him and think he is perfect for the job and most America probably thinks the same, at least those watching.

Great job, President Trump!

:)

Last edited:

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good post.

I watched that circus yesterday. Corey Booker is an idiot. But that aside the Democrats were once again exposed for the partisan shills they are.
Now Booker released documents against Senate rules in hope the press would ensure everyone knew Kavanaugh supported racial profiling. Just saw a report the released emails show Kavanaugh said the opposite. He does not support racial profiling.

What a foot shot there. Guess he let a staffer read the emails or he never bothered to examine the data.

Reactions: Sistrin
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now Booker released documents against Senate rules in hope the press would ensure everyone knew Kavanaugh supported racial profiling. Just saw a report the released emails show Kavanaugh said the opposite. He does not support racial profiling.

What a foot shot there. Guess he let a staffer read the emails or he never bothered to examine the data.

Booker proved my point concerning him. First, he was grandstanding for the cameras as, as you stated, the e-mails had nothing to do with racial profiling and second given the e-mails in question had already been cleared for general publication he came across more as Bozo the Clown as opposed to Spartacus.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Booker proved my point concerning him. First, he was grandstanding for the cameras as, as you stated, the e-mails had nothing to do with racial profiling and second given the e-mails in question had already been cleared for general publication he came across more as Bozo the Clown as opposed to Spartacus.
And I think he really meant a “Gladiator” like the movie with Russel Crowe and not Spartacus. Have to check that.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think he was counting on the emails NOT being released by the Bush Library quite honestly. I'm surprised his staff didn't tell him they had already been released by the time he claimed his 'Spartacus' moment. They dropped the ball on that one.

There were plenty of documents they could have viewed and requested, and it was pointed out only one Senate Democrat took advantage of that opportunity. It had been available to them for quite some time now. Instead they claim they didn't have them.

I was listening to the hearings as we unpacked. It honestly made me feel like they were NOT taking these hearings very seriously when I heard about their opportunity to view these documents, and they didn't.

It's a shame, because these hearings cover something extremely important.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing "impartial" about our judiciary when it's loaded full of conservative, anti-choice Catholics, or crypto-Catholics like Gorsuch. That hardly represents our country as a whole.
I didn't think the Supreme Court was supposed to accurately represent our country as a whole. I believe their job is to interpret the Constitution.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't think the Supreme Court was supposed to accurately represent our country as a whole. I believe their job is to interpret the Constitution.

Every human being has their own background that shapes their thinking and interpretations, and judges are not immune to this.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every human being has their own background that shapes their thinking and interpretations, and judges are not immune to this.
What does that have to do with the claim that SCOTUS is supposed to be representative of everyone in the country?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's nothing "impartial" about our judiciary when it's loaded full of conservative, anti-choice Catholics, or crypto-Catholics like Gorsuch. That hardly represents our country as a whole.

Congress is about representation. The Supreme Court is about interpreting law. The only thing that matters in a hearing on a Supreme Court nominee is ascertaining whether the potential Justice will rule based upon what the Constitution and the laws written by Congress actually say no matter what their personal preferences might be. You don't get impartiality by having the correct amount of left leaners vs right leaners. You get impartiality by each individual doing their job honestly and eschewing partisanship.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
What does that have to do with the claim that SCOTUS is supposed to be representative of everyone in the country?

You don't think ideologically packing the court is problematic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Watched the first couple hours of day one hearings. Then I searched for key points using google, I got The Daily 202: 12 questions..., seems politics as usual by both parties. Not saying there isn't any truth and honesty about the lack of document availability and time to review, or the independence and constitutionality of Judge Kavanaugh's rulings.

But I do believe the Democrats were excessive as it continued for hours, after a certain point it was clear the hearing wouldn't be delayed. So it was only interrupting the inevitable, preventing actual questioning of the nominee even if less prepared than otherwise as claimed. As for Judge Kavanaugh, I respect the fact of not wanting to judge ahead of cases and to maintain an open mind. Yet he less than forthcoming about his actual beliefs, which will influence his decisions even if he's genuine about his impartiality once on the court.

Upvote 0

Afra

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2018
Virginia
✟60,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Good post.

I watched that circus yesterday. Corey Booker is an idiot. But that aside the Democrats were once again exposed for the partisan shills they are.
Idiot? He seems to be a bit of a political genius to me. The man has become a senator, may get the democratic nomination in 2020, and seemingly has no substance to him whatsoever. That isn't easy.

Upvote 0

Afra

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2018
Virginia
✟60,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If he gets the 2020 nod, president Trump is going to have a field day with his imaginary friend "T-Bone".

Upvote 0