My Citizenship is in Heaven
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Grace (spiritual favor and blessing) to you and [heart] peace from God our Father.
Colossians 1:2b AMPC

But as for the cowards and the ignoble and the contemptible and the cravenly lacking in courage and the cowardly submissive, and as for the unbelieving and faithless, and as for the depraved and defiled with abominations, and as for murderers and the lewd and adulterous and the practicers of magic arts and the idolaters (those who give supreme devotion to anyone or anything other than God) and all liars (those who knowingly convey untruth by word or deed)–[all of these shall have] their part in the lake that blazes with fire and brimstone. This is the second death. [Isa. 30:33.]
Revelation 21:8 AMPC

As I read the passage above... my heart is saddened. Because many people who are believers living not true to God's commands, fall into this category and they are kept from seeing it, by the enemy.

How many people are choosing religion and religious thinking over what the Word has said? How many people are out in the world bashing godly men, who preach the uncompromised Word of God? How many people believe that once their saved they can never loose their salvation, no matter what their behavior consists of.

John 14:21 says that those people who love Him (God, Jesus) will keep His commands, and He and the Father will love them and manifest Themselves to that person.

One day as I was angry, God (via the Holy Spirit) spoke this verse to my heart. It got me to thinking About my behavior and about God's command to walk in love with everyone (neighbor). And also the verses about forgiving those who have wronged me. I had to repent right then and there and then make a solid, conscious decision to change how I have been behaving, and choose to not allow my emotions to rule over me. That I must seek and strive to walk according to Jesus commands regardless of how I feel.

Then God led me to listen to a sermon (And the verses that back it up), that helped me to realize that when we allow ungodly behavior, unforgiveness, strife, and other worldly behaviors that are opposite to God's love... we are allowing every evil work to be present in our being (James 3:16). We are allowing the presence of the enemy to be present within us. Wow, talk about a real eye opener!

There are so many good hearted people out there that don't realize what they are allowing to operate in their lives when they get into the flesh. When they yell at someone for a simple mistake, or flip someone the bird while driving, because they got cut off.. etc.

Friends we must take the time to search out, renew our minds and put into action the Word of God. James 1:22 encourages us to be doers of the Word and not just hearers only. And He also talks about in ch. 2:14-26, how faith, without corresponding action is dead. If we believe the Word like we say we do. Then we must begin to put it into practice, and let nothing (not our fleshly nature or emotions, nor mockers or well meaning believers at church, or on the net, or family members who are concerned that we are being to soft) stand in our way.

We must begin to be dilligent about getting our minds renewed to Jesus commands before the enemy tricks us into being slothful, and it is to late to turn things around. It's time to expose the lies that the enemy has been sowing into the church, so that as we gently speak and teach the truth of God's Word that the Holy Spirit wants spoken.. that those trapped in the enemy's ways may repent and deliver themselves out of the enemy's snare (2 Timothy 2:24-26). And we must continue to ask and thank God for granting unto those in our sphere of influence, the gift of repentance and bind the strongman from their minds that is keeping them from receiving what God has for them. As Jesus said in John 8:32 the truth will make us and anyone who will have ears to hear, free.

The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).
Numbers 6:24‭-‬26 ampc

The grace (spiritual favor and blessing) of the Lord Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) be with your spirit. Amen (so be it).
Philippians 4:23 AMPC

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Grace (spiritual favor and blessing) to you and [heart] peace from God our Father.

But as for the cowards and the ignoble and the contemptible and the cravenly lacking in courage and the cowardly submissive, and as for the unbelieving and faithless, and as for the depraved and defiled with abominations, and as for murderers and the lewd and adulterous and the practicers of magic arts and the idolaters (those who give supreme devotion to anyone or anything other than God) and all liars (those who knowingly convey untruth by word or deed)–[all of these shall have] their part in the lake that blazes with fire and brimstone. This is the second death. [Isa. 30:33.]

As I read the passage above... my heart is saddened. Because many people who are believers living not true to God's commands, fall into this category and they are kept from seeing it, by the enemy.

How many people are choosing religion and religious thinking over what the Word has said? How many people are out in the world bashing godly men, who preach the uncompromised Word of God? How many people believe that once their saved they can never loose their salvation, no matter what their behavior consists of.

John 14:21 says that those people who love Him (God, Jesus) will keep His commands, and He and the Father will love them and manifest Themselves to that person.

One day as I was angry, God (via the Holy Spirit) spoke this verse to my heart. It got me to thinking About my behavior and about God's command to walk in love with everyone (neighbor). And also the verses about forgiving those who have wronged me. I had to repent right then and there and then make a solid, conscious decision to change how I have been behaving, and choose to not allow my emotions to rule over me. That I must seek and strive to walk according to Jesus commands regardless of how I feel.

Then God led me to listen to a sermon (And the verses that back it up), that helped me to realize that when we allow ungodly behavior, unforgiveness, strife, and other worldly behaviors that are opposite to God's love... we are allowing every evil work to be present in our being (James 3:16). We are allowing the presence of the enemy to be present within us. Wow, talk about a real eye opener!

There are so many good hearted people out there that don't realize what they are allowing to operate in their lives when they get into the flesh. When they yell at someone for a simple mistake, or flip someone the bird while driving, because they got cut off.. etc.

Friends we must take the time to search out, renew our minds and put into action the Word of God. James 1:22 encourages us to be doers of the Word and not just hearers only. And He also talks about in ch. 2:14-26, how faith, without corresponding action is dead. If we believe the Word like we say we do. Then we must begin to put it into practice, and let nothing (not our fleshly nature or emotions, nor mockers or well meaning believers at church, or on the net, or family members who are concerned that we are being to soft) stand in our way.

We must begin to be dilligent about getting our minds renewed to Jesus commands before the enemy tricks us into being slothful, and it is to late to turn things around. It's time to expose the lies that the enemy has been sowing into the church, so that as we gently speak and teach the truth of God's Word that the Holy Spirit wants spoken.. that those trapped in the enemy's ways may repent and deliver themselves out of the enemy's snare (2 Timothy 2:24-26). And we must continue to ask and thank God for granting unto those in our sphere of influence, the gift of repentance and bind the strongman from their minds that is keeping them from receiving what God has for them. As Jesus said in John 8:32 the truth will make us and anyone who will have ears to hear, free.

The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you; The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you; The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).

The grace (spiritual favor and blessing) of the Lord Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) be with your spirit. Amen (so be it).

I think you may be missing the point.

The point is not that 'they' may be in danger. The point is that we may be; you or I. The Scripture is not aimed at other people if we are the ones reading it.

Upvote 0

Cturtle

Jesus, My Savior and Lord is my hiding place
Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

The point is not that 'they' may be in danger. The point is that we may be; you or I. The Scripture is not aimed at other people if we are the ones reading it.

Exactly what I was saying. It applies to you or I or any who reads it, or doesn't read it. God's laws don't change just because someone didn't read it. Because if a believer is truly spending time in His Word... they would have read it.

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How so?
There are many so called Christians who "think" they are safely saved and will more then likely "hear" get away from me you wicked generation , I never knew you.

I nor Cturtle is in danger. Our salvation is intact. We strive and work hard allowing the Lord to change and build and bring us up to a new level.

I agree when we read, study, meditate and speak His Most Holy Word it is speaking to us.
Then again, He has also showed us so much deception that people are accepting as God's most Holy Word and His Ways.

Scripture tells us that He rewards those who Diligently Seek Him.
Diligently Seeking Him requires first making a quality choice to do so then not taking no for an answer.
Blessings
FCJ

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

That is all good and I agree with you but then we need to ask ourselves, are we living in a way that shows them and not only tell them?

This is rhetorical and not meant towards anyone, but we always need to look deeper into ourselves, because if we are not light on the side of the mountain, then something needs to change inside of us.

Because we can only change ourselves. And we can only be a better and better witness. So then the looking has to be inward.

We think people listen, but chances are they are watching much more than listening, so if our own lives don't reflect EVERY word out of our mouths, we will be dismissed.

I watched the Keith Green Story last night on Youtube. That man was so much into living for God, every moment. He didn't have to preach, he just lived it. So, so motivating. I'd recommend watching it.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings,
Would you like to elaborate more on this?
Blessings
FCJ

In the trying to do the works of God we begin to gain the knowledge that that these are works we walk in, by him walking in us.

God's people don't perish for the lack of love, but a lack of the knowledge of love/God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems to be a lot of missing the point of this thread.
There are many who "think" all is good and there salvation is intact and are in truth walking on dangerous grounds.

They buy into lies by yielding unto the influence of deception by our enemy.
Many begin to walk more in the world then in Christ and believe nothing can harm me or keep me from heaven.

Truth is one can get so far out there that they begin to push the Holy Spirit aside and this is dangerous because one can go so far as to cause the Holy Spirit to leave.

Hebrews 6:4
For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened--those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit,

This is an example of those who have gotten to far out and wanted nothing more to do with God through deception.
God does not force Himself on any of us.

These folks won't listen to reason and unless they come to their senses and wake up, there is no repentance and no eternity with the Father.

This once saved always saved is a doctrine of demons twisting the truth of God's word and through this deception, many will be lost.
Blessings
FCJ

• Winner
Reactions: Cturtle
Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Though this sounds pleasant, it does not seem to be the case with Paul ...
True, but then again, are any of us called to create the NT church or write most of the NT.

God gave us the word "if"
That means choice.
There could be NO "if or choice" if God forced us to accept Him.

EDIT ADD IN.......
Besides we are talking about those who Already accepted Christ and NOT those who have not YET Accepted Christ.
Please Stay On Topic.
Blessings
FCJ

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Cturtle
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, but then again, are any of us called to create the NT church or write most of the NT.

God gave us the word "if"
That means choice.
There could be NO "if or choice" if God forced us to accept Him.

Then again ... no one comes to him unless he draws them, which is the same as saying, no one can find him if he does not reveal himself to them, and to top it off without him we can do nothing, so really, God's will is done regardless if anyone does his will.

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then again ... no one comes to him unless he draws them, which is the same as saying, no one can find him if he does not reveal himself to them, and to top it off without him we can do nothing, so really, God's will is done regardless if anyone does his will.

Please stop!
Again you are taking this off topic

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please stop!
Again you are taking this off topic

I thought my point relative to the topic.

Who are we to judge if God let's one fall so that they might be made white (no doubt our judgement of them plays into their fall, as it plays into (as Jesus had said) how God responds to us over how we judge them).

The parable of the two sons shows neither had done the right thing (but it certainly didn't look that way at first), but the one less likely to be picked as a favorite is the one who entered into the blessing first.

So for me, I wouldn't be so quick to condemn those whose end God alone new before the world was. It's enough that we are not found as a half baked cake ourselves.

My heart cries out for those who are saved but unwilling to go any further into this salvation they were saved for; thinking somehow they have arrived; yet still not being their brothers keeper.

Upvote 0

Cturtle

Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Though this sounds pleasant, it does not seem to be the case with Paul ...

Actually in all honesty... God never forced Paul into anything... it's quite contrary to His character, and what He says in the Word.

Paul was totally already submitted to God, when he was persecuting Believers in Christ. He didn't realize or believe that Jesus was truly sent from God until He met Jesus on the road to Damascus, and Jesus put protection over his eyes to keep them from being harmed by His glory.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Cturtle

Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

The other Scripture (said more than once) that is involved, that your not mentioning is that God desires for not one person to perish (2 Peter 3:9).so every person on this earth is called amd beckoned by the Father. Its up to them to receive Him or not.

Upvote 0

Cturtle

Nov 30, 2015
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I thought my point relative to the topic.

Who are we to judge if God let's one fall so that they might be made white (no doubt our judgement of them plays into their fall, as it plays into (as Jesus had said) how God responds to us over how we judge them).

The parable of the two sons shows neither had done the right thing (but it certainly didn't look that way at first), but the one less likely to be picked as a favorite is the one who entered into the blessing first.

So for me, I wouldn't be so quick to condemn those whose end God alone new before the world was. It's enough that we are not found as a half baked cake ourselves.

My heart cries out for those who are saved but unwilling to go any further into this salvation they were saved for; thinking somehow they have arrived; yet still not being their brothers keeper.

This is where our fervent prayers for the souls of every man, woman and child come in. We are Gods ambassadors and helpers in this earth. If we do t intercede for the most, asking the Lord of the harvest to intervene in their lives, then He has no other option but to let them go their own way.

And another reason why we need to be the light to shine I the darkness. To walk in such a way that honors the Catber and, others can see Jesus in us and desire to know more.

God may know what they ultimately choose... but that does not mean that He does not try to woo them, and speak to their hearts.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually in all honesty... God never forced Paul into anything... it's quite contrary to His character, and what He says in the Word.

Paul was totally already submitted to God, when he was persecuting Believers in Christ. He didn't realize or believe that Jesus was truly sent from God until He met Jesus on the road to Damascus, and Jesus put protection over his eyes to keep them from being harmed by His glory.

Blessings

Enough to knock him to the earth though ... but paul had his eyes closed, those who were with had their eyes open, but saw no man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0