Those looking for a church you are already in one.

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know how difficult it can be to find a church however, you need to know that if you are a Christian you are already in one. What you are in fact looking for are "like minded" Christians that meet in a brick a mortar building or home. "Feed the sheep" is a very high call for any Pastor these days as many do not preach the true Gospel and have failed the flock. So the good news is Jesus Christ of Nazareth through the power of His Holy Spirit is your Teacher, Pastor, Friend and of course SAVIOR. So be not perplexed by your search for others like you, strengthen your walk with the Lord on your own and when you are fully armored you can go to any gathering and feed the sheep yourself.
God bless you all.

Last edited:

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We should be taking communion do this often.

Seems best taken in a church by an ordained minister or pastor.

Bible also mentions church discipline how can one achieve that if they're not in a church?

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟667,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
New Bitmap Image.jpg

I found this on Wikipedia today Christian denomination - Wikipedia

There were two or possible 3 smaller schisms before the "Great Schism' of 1054. Denominationalism it seems started long before the fallout from the reformation. Not shown on the graph was the Jerusalem Council in Acts 15.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I know how difficult it can be to find a church however you need to know if you are a Christian you are already in one. What you are in fact looking for is "like minded" Christians that meet in a brick a mortar building or home. "Feed the sheep" is a very high call for any Pastor these days as many do not preach the true Gospel and have failed the flock. So the good news is Jesus Christ of Nazareth through the power of His Holy Spirit is your Teacher, Pastor, Friend and of course SAVIOR. So be not perplexed by your search for others like you, strengthen your walk with the Lord on your own and when you are fully armored you can go to any gathering and feed the sheep yourself.
God bless you all.
Are you "Looking for a Church" for yourself, Maria?

Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand what you are saying Maria, but God has made us social beings, and we need to meet with other Christians to help, and be helped by them. Finding a church body that does this effectively is difficult to do, or rather, that has been my experience!

If there isn't an existing thread that seeks opinions regarding what an ideal style of fellowship would look like, I'm thinking of starting one. Would that thread be of interest to you?

My best wishes to you in the Lord.

Tony

Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Bible also mentions church discipline how can one achieve that if they're not in a church?

M-Bob

Hi M-Bob. Some of us believe that we actually need communion with other believers, and sharing the Lord's supper would be an aspect of that communion.

I don't mean to bore you with detail, but it may help us to see what the Oxford Dictionary for example, describes as the meaning of 'communion', or rather a meaning we can deduce from it's list of synonyms for it, which include:

"affinity, fellowship, kinship, friendship, fellow feeling, community, togetherness, closeness, sharing, harmony, understanding, rapport, connection, communication, association, empathy, sympathy, agreement, accord, concord, unity".

So, we believe that 'being in communion' with fellow believers is interacting with our brothers and sisters in the Lord in the way the Oxford Dictionary describes above, with the Lord Jesus as our Head, and Centre.

Tony B.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My post was meant to ease the hearts of those who keep seeking, switching, changing and are frustrated looking for a like minded community they can share Christ with. I share the Lord with as many people as is appropriate in my walk with Him. I truly believe when Jesus said "seek and ye shall find" did not mean denominational pursuits rather opportunities to grow the Kingdom of God while growing in Him.

At this time I am not physically attending a gathering with other believers but I am constantly in communication with like minded Christians.
God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,048.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

M-Bob

The first communion was not given by a Pastor, it was given by a Teacher (Jesus), He gave it in a room to His disciples whereas there was a Temple in Jerusalem where He could have given it.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,048.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Are you "Looking for a Church" for yourself, Maria?

She is a Temple of God, the Spirit of God the most high lives in her heart, Jesus said the Father is looking for worshippers who wouldn't be running around looking for where to worship but the ones who will worship Him in Truth and in Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The first communion was not given by a Pastor, it was given by a Teacher (Jesus), He gave it in a room to His disciples whereas there was a Temple in Jerusalem where He could have given it.

I'm not sure where/when the term 'communion', or 'holy communion' first occurred, but it seems to have confused what Jesus was meaning.

He was saying that in the future if you decide to hold an annual Passover festival, then do it in remembrance of me, not of the incident where the angel of death had passed over/did not harm the households that had sprinkled the blood from the spotless lambs they killed, over their door posts.

He used it as a metaphor, saying from now remember that He is the Spotless Lamb, killed, and His blood metaphorically sprinkled over ourselves, which absolves us from the consequences of our past sins for all time..... 'no need to repeat the observance, but if you do, do it in remembrance of Who I am and what I have done for you, I am the Lamb of God'.

I'm not sure how the 'mystical assumption' regarding 'communion' came about, but it has robbed many of us of our freedom to accept that we are completely saved from the consequences of our past ungodliness, which is alienation from God and the death of our spirit, by our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, in Who He is and what He has done, and that faith (ability to believe) was given to us by God, not contrived by ourselves or imparted/gifted to us by any man. We aren't made Christian, or saved by observing any religious ritual or man-established tradition.

• Winner
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's a fine rendition of the minority view among Christians. Really.

How the highlight of the Last Supper could be completely ignored is a question, though. I am referring to "This is my body" and "This is my blood."

But this thread is a two years old and should not be turned into a debate on doctrine. Not on the 'Looking for a Church' forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
I know how difficult it can be to find a church however you need to know if you are a Christian you are already in one. What you are in fact looking for is "like minded" Christians that meet in a brick a mortar building or home. "Feed the sheep" is a very high call for any Pastor these days as many do not preach the true Gospel and have failed the flock. So the good news is Jesus Christ of Nazareth through the power of His Holy Spirit is your Teacher, Pastor, Friend and of course SAVIOR. So be not perplexed by your search for others like you, strengthen your walk with the Lord on your own and when you are fully armored you can go to any gathering and feed the sheep yourself.
God bless you all.[/QUOTE
so beautifully said and so true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HeartNSoul19

Jul 6, 2021
Washington DC
✟16,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The true church is your heart and the only way to your own soul is right there within you. This is where the real pilgrimage is. If the heart is closed, it wouldn't matter among whom you are and in what building you are ---and if the heart is open, there is no prison that can keep a person from communing with his Creator.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

MissFaithfullyHis

Mar 12, 2022
Los Angeles
✟10,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God bless you all.

I just joined this forum to seek groups/friendships with other followers of Christ and what a blessing to read this post! Truly, our Lord and Savior is the head of our church! Thank you and God bless!

Upvote 0