Those into end times.... Can not be prevented, but postponed right now...

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our work in general is to fulfill the great commission. But individually our work, if we accept it, is to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in what He has called EACH OF US to do.
Many people think "my ministry" when in reality it is the Holy Spirit's ministry and we are to cooperate with Him in whatever He calls each of us to do. Some may only clean church restrooms. Others may repair church electrical problems. Some may go to Timbuktu and start a church. Each believer should be close enough to the Holy Spirit to find out what He wants THEM to do.
Well-said !

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Neogaia777" Jesus did talk about this. Of all those things that will come. That day and hour no one knows but the Father. So for one to know those days have been "postponed" so to speak ...for me God would now not be the only one that knows. Jesus can not even tell us its now or later. If JESUS does not even know who else can?

Even though GOD is out side of time and its in HIS hands. What is written can not be undone. Israel did become a nation as it was for told. And those that seen this will not pass away till? What we are talking about happens. We are that generation. Now it can happen NOW or 20y from now. But WE are that generation that will see. And we are seeing it before our eyes. We have always had wars and storms and earthquakes. But.. to see ALL of these happen at ONCE..this has never ever happen. Till now

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
How do we "work" to "hasten it on"...? I ask you...?

We are not to "hate our enemies" or wish anything bad or evil upon them, but, blessings, and good will, or good wishes, or work to as what is "best" for them, according to Jesus, who is the "prime authority"...

We are not to create "divisions" like friend from foe, or righteous from wicked either, or good from evil, as it applies to other persons, lest we bring God's judgment upon ourselves.

According to Jesus, we are to be "peacemakers" with "all men" and always have "goodwill" or a good will toward them, or the best thing for them...

So, I ask you again, "How do we "work" to "hasten it on"...?

God Bless!

Hoping that the lord will return, and wishing the cataclysmic events of the end times to befall other people that we do not like, or even hate, are two different things entirely...

Many of you are not doing the right kind of work to hasten it on, but the wrong kind of work, that still does hasten it on, and many of you do not even know it!

It is that, that I am against...

It is as Paul says "Let us do the evil things so that the good may come." (Romans 3:8)

And many of you in the "church" the "religious" are going to be very shocked when Jesus comes for his "true church"... Those not doing evil or wicked things nor wishing these things at or against or for or directed at "other people" (purposely, though the side effects still are a reality) who will be mostly of the world, and more of a "sinner" in your eyes and judgment (cause you judge) than you! (Matthew 21:31)... Most of you will be very shocked indeed!

God Bless!

Many of you are going to see a guy disappear, or some people disappear, and you left behind and be saying, and scratching you heads saying, "Wait a minute...? I know that guy was a meth head, an alcoholic, pot smoker, street walker, homosexual, ect... God "I" "never did" "any" of "those things"... "Why" am "I" "still here"!

And "this" will be "why", or the "dividing line" I think...

Who is my neighbor...?

God Bless!

The work that hastens it on is, I think, leading people to Christ... How do we do that...?

We save them by leading them to acknowledge their need to be saved by Christ... How do we do that...?

Get them to acknowledge their need for him and to have a personal relationship with him in their lives... How do we do that...?

By asking them, as Dr.Phil would say, "How's that working for you." In other words, how is their life without Christ or having or not having a personal relationship with Christ, "working for them" in life thus far...? Point out how much better things could be in their lives with a personal relationship with Christ...

Once they do this, and you might ask them if you could pray for them to have a personal relationship with Christ, One you or they do this, the rest is in Jesus hands from there...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for making my point.....He appears A N D he returns...

Same exact event. He appears when He returns.

Acts 1:9-11
And when he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.” rsv​

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I hope - for your sake Jan - you are correct. However, if you are wrong ( and I believe, strongly, you are ), then you will be one of those who were taken by surprise when the GT is upon you. But, I have confidence you will rise to the occasion and witness for Christ at that time. :clap:

I am prepared right now for Jesus' return.
Right this very moment. I do plan to continue to be prepared for His return every day for the rest of my earthly life.

1 John 2:28
And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. rsv​

Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Same exact event. He appears when He returns.

Acts 1:9-11
And when he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.” rsv​

Check that Jan...Compare the descriptions in the following:

Rev 14:14-16
vs
Rev 19:11-21

Acts 1:9-11 discusses the appearing of Christ on clouds at the time of The Rapture, period.....N O T His 2nd Coming.

If you cannot see the differences between these two descriptions....as two separate events, then there's no need for any further discussion between us....

Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am prepared right now for Jesus' return. Right this very moment. I do plan to continue to be prepared for His return every day for the rest of my earthly life.

And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. rsv​

I am prepared right now for Jesus' return. Good Show, Jan !!

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This just may be one of the greatest myths written on this thread. Even in Paul's day some were teaching (falsely) that the Day of the Lord had already come. Paul tells them that when they see the man of sin enter the temple and say he is God, THEN they can know the DAY has come.

Well. that Day of the Lord STILL has not come, yet we still find people telling us it has.
Readers, the days of Great Tribulation that Jesus spoke of is still very much future to us today, as are the 7 trumpet judgments and the 7 vials.
FUTURE is not a bad word.

Jesus, while residing in heaven seated at the right hand of His Father, did come in His power in judgment via the Roman armies against the evildoers who did not accept Him as their Savior. This happened in 70 A.D. He did not return bodily in 70 A.D. "Coming on the clouds of heaven" means to exercise His power. It is apocalyptic language. Matthew 26:64, Mark 14:62 The Jewish persecution of the Christians ended in 70 A.D., within one generation (this generation), just as Jesus prophesied. Luke 11:49-51 The great tribulation of the Christians orchestrated by the Jewish leaders ended in 70 A.D. because these Jews were destroyed. Acts 8:3, Acts 22:19-21, 1 Thessalonians 2:14-16 Saul/Paul converted to Christianity and was himself killed because of the Jews.

However, Jesus will return bodily to the earth only once more. It will be at the end of time.

2 Corinthians 5:9-10
So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive good or evil, according to what he has done in the body. rsv

Colossians 3:4
When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. rsv

1 Timothy 6:14
I charge you to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ; rsv

2 Timothy 4:1
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: rsv

2 Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. rsv

Titus 2:11-14
For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men, 12 training us to renounce irreligion and worldly passions, and to live sober, upright, and godly lives in this world, 13 awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all iniquity and to purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good deeds. rsv

And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. rsv

1 John 3:2
Beloved, we are God’s children now; it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. rsv

Hebrews 9:17-28
And just as it is appointed for men to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. rsv
The so-called rapture will not occur until Jesus returns to earth at the end of time. His followers will rise up to meet Him in the air at the sound of the last trumpet. The dead will rise first and then His followers who are still on earth will meet Jesus in the air.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. rsv

1 Corinthians 15
Lo! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable nature must put on the imperishable, and this mortal nature must put on immortality. 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:
“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
55 “O death, where is thy victory?
O death, where is thy sting?” rsv

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus, while residing in heaven seated at the right hand of His Father, did come in His power in judgment via the Roman armies against the evildoers who did not accept Him as their Savior. This happened in 70 A.D. He did not return bodily in 70 A.D. "Coming on the clouds of heaven" means to exercise His power. It is apocalyptic language. Matthew 26:64, Mark 14:62 The Jewish persecution of the Christians ended in 70 A.D., within one generation (this generation), just as Jesus prophesied. Luke 11:49-51 The great tribulation of the Christians orchestrated by the Jewish leaders ended in 70 A.D. because these Jews were destroyed. Acts 8:3, Acts 22:19-21, 1 Thessalonians 2:14-16 Saul/Paul converted to Christianity and was himself killed because of the Jews.

However, Jesus will return bodily to the earth only once more. It will be at the end of time.

2 Corinthians 5:9-10
So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive good or evil, according to what he has done in the body. rsv

Colossians 3:4
When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. rsv

1 Timothy 6:14
I charge you to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ; rsv

2 Timothy 4:1
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: rsv

2 Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. rsv

Titus 2:11-14
For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men, 12 training us to renounce irreligion and worldly passions, and to live sober, upright, and godly lives in this world, 13 awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all iniquity and to purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good deeds. rsv

And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. rsv

1 John 3:2
Beloved, we are God’s children now; it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. rsv

Hebrews 9:17-28
And just as it is appointed for men to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. rsv
The so-called rapture does not occur until Jesus returns to earth at the end of time. His followers will rise up to meet Him in the air at the sound of the last trumpet. The dead will rise first and then we will meet Jesus in the air.

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. rsv

1 Corinthians 15
Lo! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable nature must put on the imperishable, and this mortal nature must put on immortality. 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

You are showing quotes of The Rapture only
Are you going to answer my question to you concerning the comparisons of Rev 14 & Rev 19 ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This just may be one of the greatest myths written on this thread. Even in Paul's day some were teaching (falsely) that the Day of the Lord had already come. Paul tells them that when they see the man of sin enter the temple and say he is God, THEN they can know the DAY has come.

Well. that Day of the Lord STILL has not come, yet we still find people telling us it has.
Readers, the days of Great Tribulation that Jesus spoke of is still very much future to us today, as are the 7 trumpet judgments and the 7 vials.
FUTURE is not a bad word.

The New Testament and the Book of Revelation were written for first century Christians.They were written as supplements to the apostles' and disciples' oral preaching. The Book of Revelation contained history of past events, warned about was to happen soon, and explained what was to happen at the very end of time. The Great Tribulation concerned this generation of early Christians.

Jesus warns His followers who were personally listening to Him speak:

Matthew 24:9
“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation, and put you to death; and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake. rsv

Mark 13:19
For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never will be. rsv​

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Check that Jan...Compare the descriptions in the following:

Rev 14:14-16
vs
Rev 19:11-21

Acts 1:9-11 discusses the appearing of Christ on clouds at the time of The Rapture, period.....N O T His 2nd Coming.

If you cannot see the differences between these two descriptions....as two separate events, then there's no need for any further discussion between us....

Apocalyptic imagery should not be understood in a literal manner. The dead must rise from the dead before the rapture.

The so-called rapture will not occur until Jesus returns to earth at the end of time. His followers will rise up to meet Him in the air at the sound of the last trumpet. The dead will rise first and then His followers who are still on earth will meet Jesus in the air.

1 Corinthians 15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are showing quotes of The Rapture only
Are you going to answer my question to you concerning the comparisons of Rev 14 & Rev 19 ?

The Book of Revelation explains the same exact events in different ways.

The writers of the gospels wrote in different ways about the one death of Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The New Testament and the Book of Revelation were written for first century Christians.They were written as supplements to the apostles' and disciples' oral preaching. The Book of Revelation contained history of past events, warned about was to happen soon, and explained what was to happen at the very end of time. The Great Tribulation concerned this generation of early Christians.

“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation, and put you to death; and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake. rsv

For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never will be. rsv​

Could have sworn this was a Futurist Only thread.....Preterists and historists have their own threads....

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian

Luke 21 also describes these events which must be future as Jesus says

35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.

The Coming of the Son of Man

25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

The Parable of the Fig Tree
29 Then He spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.30 When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near. 31 So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

The Importance of Watching
34 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

37 And in the daytime He was teaching in the temple, but at night He went out and stayed on the mountain called Olivet. 38 Then early in the morning all the people came to Him in the temple to hear Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Luke 21 also describes these events which must be future as Jesus says

35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.

The Coming of the Son of Man

25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

The Parable of the Fig Tree
29 Then He spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.30 When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near. 31 So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

The Importance of Watching
34 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

37 And in the daytime He was teaching in the temple, but at night He went out and stayed on the mountain called Olivet. 38 Then early in the morning all the people came to Him in the temple to hear Him.

When Jesus said these things, they had not yet happened. They did however happen within 40 years (this generation) just as Jesus promised. Peter and Paul and many, many Christians were martyred during the reign of the Roman Emperor Nero. Matthew 12:41-45, Matthew 23:36, Matthew 24:34[URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+23:36&version=RSV'][URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24:34&version=RSV'], [/URL][/URL]Mark 8:38,[URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+23:36&version=RSV'][URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24:34&version=RSV'][URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+8:38&version=RSV'] [/URL][/URL][/URL]Mark 13:30,[URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+23:36&version=RSV'][URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24:34&version=RSV'][URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+8:38&version=RSV'][URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+13:30&version=RSV'] [/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]Luke 11:49-51,[URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+23:36&version=RSV'][URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24:34&version=RSV'][URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+8:38&version=RSV'][URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+13:30&version=RSV'][URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+11:50&version=RSV'] [/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]Luke 21:32

According to the early Christians, Nero (666) was the prophesied Antichrist. He died in June, 68 A.D. There have been some antichrists (evil men who hate Jesus) since then and there will be more to come.The Jewish War (66 A.D.-70 A.D.) was the punishment promised by Jesus and it ended with the siege and destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.
Jewish War (66-70) - Livius

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
When Jesus said these things, they had not yet happened. They did however happen within 40 years (this generation) just as Jesus promised. Peter and Paul and many, many Christians were martyred during the reign of the Roman Emperor Nero. Matthew 12:41-45, Matthew 23:36, Matthew 24:34, Mark 8:38, Mark 13:30, Luke 11:49-51, Luke 21:32

According to the early Christians, Nero (666) was the prophesied Antichrist. He died in June, 68 A.D. There have been some antichrists (evil men who hate Jesus) since then and there will be more to come.The Jewish War (66 A.D.-70 A.D.) was the punishment promised by Jesus and it ended with the siege and destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.
Jewish War (66-70) - Livius

Except all that did not happen across the entire whole earth. Such as Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Europe, Australia. etc....

• Agree
Reactions: Archmike
Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Except all that did not happen across the entire whole earth. Such as Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Europe, Australia. etc....

The "whole earth" or "whole world" or "every nation" according to the Jews and to the early Christians only included the countries within the Roman Empire.

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come. rsv​

Colossians 1:5-7
because of the hope laid up for you in heaven. Of this you have heard before in the word of the truth, the gospel 6 which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and growing—so among yourselves, from the day you heard and understood the grace of God in truth, 7 as you learned it from Ep′aphras our beloved fellow servant. He is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf rsv

John 12:18-19
The reason why the crowd went to meet him was that they heard he had done this sign. 19 The Pharisees then said to one another, “You see that you can do nothing; look, the world has gone after him.” rsv

John 17:14
I have given them thy word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. rsv

Acts 19:27
And there is danger not only that this trade of ours may come into disrepute but also that the temple of the great goddess Ar′temis may count for nothing, and that she may even be deposed from her magnificence, she whom all Asia and the world worship.” rsv

Acts 24:5
For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, an agitator among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes. rsv

Romans 1:8
First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world.

Romans 10:17-19
So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ.
18 But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have; for
Their voice has gone out to all the earth,
and their words to the ends of the world.”
19 Again I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says,
“I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation;
with a foolish nation I will make you angry.” rsv

1 Corinthians 4:9
For I think that God has exhibited us apostles as last of all, like men sentenced to death; because we have become a spectacle to the world, to angels and to men. rsv

1 Peter 5:9
Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experience of suffering is required of your brotherhood throughout the world. rsv

1 John 3:1
See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. rsv

Acts 2:5
Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
The "whole earth" or "whole world" or "every nation" according to the Jews and to the early Christians only included the countries within the Roman Empire.

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come. rsv​

Colossians 1:5-7
because of the hope laid up for you in heaven. Of this you have heard before in the word of the truth, the gospel 6 which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and growing—so among yourselves, from the day you heard and understood the grace of God in truth, 7 as you learned it from Ep′aphras our beloved fellow servant. He is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf rsv

John 12:18-19
The reason why the crowd went to meet him was that they heard he had done this sign. 19 The Pharisees then said to one another, “You see that you can do nothing; look, the world has gone after him.” rsv

John 17:14
I have given them thy word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. rsv

Acts 19:27
And there is danger not only that this trade of ours may come into disrepute but also that the temple of the great goddess Ar′temis may count for nothing, and that she may even be deposed from her magnificence, she whom all Asia and the world worship.” rsv

Acts 24:5
For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, an agitator among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes. rsv

Romans 1:8
First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world.

Romans 10:17-19
So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ.
18 But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have; for
Their voice has gone out to all the earth,
and their words to the ends of the world.”
19 Again I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says,
“I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation;
with a foolish nation I will make you angry.” rsv

1 Corinthians 4:9
For I think that God has exhibited us apostles as last of all, like men sentenced to death; because we have become a spectacle to the world, to angels and to men. rsv

1 Peter 5:9
Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experience of suffering is required of your brotherhood throughout the world. rsv

1 John 3:1
See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. rsv

Acts 2:5
Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven.

Jesus uses the word 'Earth' in that verse not 'world'. look it up, they are two entirely different words, including in the greek.
Christ deliberately used the word 'earth' to point out He meant the entire earth.
Genesis Chapter 1 (KJV)
This word
γῆ
Transliteration

refers to inhabited lands not political designations where world is appropriate. Look it up for yourself.

Outline of Biblical Usage

1. arable land
  2. the ground, the earth as a standing place
  3. the main land as opposed to the sea or water
  4. the earth as a whole
    1. the earth as opposed to the heavens
    2. the inhabited earth, the abode of men and animals
  5. a country, land enclosed within fixed boundaries, a tract of land, territory, region

Last edited:
Upvote 0