Those into end times.... Can not be prevented, but postponed right now...

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but this again discounts the hundreds of prophesies God has given us. Some are very specific about what will happen and others are clearly a sequence of events, quite a few tell us what to look for before things happen and the approximate timing can be discerned.
Don't be in the dark about what must happen, be aware and be prepared, as God has warned us about how He will again take action on a world - once again as in the days of Noah.

Jesus spoke about two different world-ending events. The first one was the end of the Jewish religious world as they knew it. That world ended in 70 A.D. to THIS GENERATION of Jews who did not accept Him as its Savior. God destroyed, via the Roman armies, the Great City Jerusalem, their temple, and all the Jews who were living within the Great City Jerusalem at the time of the Roman sieges.

The other world-ending event will happen when Jesus returns for His second coming. It is this event that will come "like a thief in the night". "No one will know the day or the hour" of His return. It will be like "the days of Noah"--people will be making big plans such as planning for marriages, buying homes, etc., but these plans will not be fulfilled.

And, that is why we must always be ready, ever-vigilant. We do not want to be caught unprepared at His coming. For then comes His judgment for all people of all time periods.

1 Peter 5:8-9
Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for [someone] to devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in faith, knowing that your fellow believers throughout the world undergo the same sufferings. rsv

Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This quote of Jesus (Mathew 24:32-34) was in reference to the end of the Jewish temple age. This generation of Jews living at that time did not pass away until this prophecy was fulfilled. It was fulfilled by the end of 70 A.D. when the Romans destroyed the city of Jerusalem, its Jewish inhabitants, and its temple (the Jew's whole world as they knew it).

I notice you're Catholic. knowing that makes your answer understandable to me, being Catholics refuse to accept The Revelation and ET prophecies as futuristic. Hence, the reason you are delivering here a Preterist POV.

"The sign of the Son of Man in Heaven" never came in 70 AD ( Matt 24:27-31 ). Because in the context of Christ's words in Matt 24, everything mentioned by Christ is other than 70 AD. Furthermore, Christians weren't even involved with the Jewish Revolt of 66-70. By this time they had skadattled to the Churches in Asia Minor. Only Jews were involved in the Jewish Revolt.

Do you think Christ, when delivering the Fig Tree Parable, did not have knowledge of future Christians 2000 years in the future, and more importantly, Jews re-assembled in Palestine ?

I mean, give Christ some credit here....:scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The other world-ending event will happen when Jesus returns for His second coming. It is this event that will come "like a thief in the night". "No one will know the day or the hour" of His return. It will be like "the days of Noah"--people will be making big plans such as planning for marriages, buying homes, etc., but these plans will not be fulfilled.

His 2nd Coming and His Appearing ( at the time of the Rapture ), are two totally different events.

At His Appearing, he comes on clouds with "power and great glory" and never touches the ground. This is The Rapture....

At His 2nd Coming, he comes with His heavenly army of Saints, from Heaven, all dressed in white, on white horses, at the Battle of Armageddon.

Two totally different events, separated by roughly 3.5 years.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It should not take any kind of "sign" for us to be and be always ever getting ready or be ready at any time... Shows a lack of faith and obedience if you ask me...

I don't think the prophecies were meant to "show us the future", but to show, afterward, upon reflection, God's knowledge and glory, not our own, at being able to discern it... I do not think that is it's intended purpose... It is for the future glory of God, I think...

How many can accurately "discern" or correctly determine it anyhow...? And what would mean if anyone "could"... Everyone I know that has tried, or is trying, has or is having, is getting it "wrong" anyhow...

Jesus said to those more versed in scriptural knowledge than anyone else, not that they "did not" try, but that they absolutely "could not" that the only one they could (possibly) understand, and might be able to know, is the "sign of Jonah"... If those more versed in scripture than anyone else "could not" how could those less versed do so... As for the them, Christ himself said "They "could not"" And that they "would not" be shown, or have it revealed to them, "any other "sign"" except that of Jonah, the prophet... And, it wasn't for their lack of trying either...

So, that brings up another thing in this discussion: "What do you think "The sign of Jonah" is...?"

God Bless!

Luke 11:30
Just as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so will the Son of Man be to this generation. NAB

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jonah was also picturesque of Christ in that he went to hell for three days, like Jesus did... And originally delayed and kind of "ran away" from them or tried to avoid going out to them, at first... But, obeyed in the end... (Jesus telling his mother, "my hour has not yet come" and his mother basically saying to him "Oh, yes it has" "You've been able to avoid this up to now, but it is time now, Son...) (paraphrasing a bit)... (takes some interpretation to see that, but, it's there...)

But, anyhow, so that's the message of the "sign of Jonah" then... We will be told to repent, and if we do not, then we will be destroyed, but, if we do, then we will still be destroyed, but, it will happen "later on" then...?

Kinda goes with what I was saying that end times and the resulting destruction and Christ's return, cannot be prevented all together, but, can be delayed, or postponed... "If" we "change our mind" about God, (if it is set against him or the idea of him), become repentant in nature and "turn back" to God, then...?

God Bless!

I don't think that is what Mary thought at all! I think she saw a problem and simply made her Son aware of it, knowing that He was able to solve the problem if He chose to solve it. Jesus, out of love for His Mother, solved the problem even though it was not on His particular to-do list. :)

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We have to remember Jesus's warning of the Great Tribulation all the time while we still can.

Because when it comes (Great Tribulation) we can no longer discuss it in front of our computer having popcorn and a nice cup of coffee, we must thank God now for this time of Abundancy doesnt last forever.
So speak about it while we can. And warn people of this deadly end.

Because its a dead end that the world must be warned that they shall face it as God's punishment if they do not repent.

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Perhaps the Great Tribulation was finished by the end of 70 A.D. Perhaps Nero was the Antichrist. The epistles, the gospels, and the Book of Revelation were written for first century Christians to help them prepare for what was to happen to them soon.

Daniel 10:13-14
The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, so I left him there with the prince of the kingdom of Persia 14 and came to make you understand what is to befall your people in the latter days. For the vision is for days yet to come.” rsv

Daniel 12:1-4
At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time; but at that time your people shall be delivered, every one whose name shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.” rsv

Matthew 24:15
“So when you see the desolating sacrilege spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), rsv

Luke 21:20
“But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. rsv

Revelation 1:1
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, rsv
The desolating sacrilege was the heathen Roman armies which came to surround their Great City Jerusalem. These heathen Roman armies destroyed their Great City, their temple, and the unbelieving Jews who rejected Jesus Christ as their Savior.

The Number 666
"In the biblical world, the number seven stood for wholeness and completeness, so to be called a “666” was an insult implying that you were short of being the real thing. Also, if you take the Greek form of the name of the Emperor Nero, the Roman emperor around the time of Revelation, and write it in Hebrew, the letters, which can also have numeric values, “add up” to—you guessed it—666.

For its original audience, the number symbolized the repressive Roman Empire personified in its “beastly” emperor, which, though it claimed divine authority and had seemingly absolute power, would always be a “six,” never a “seven,” and thus would not prevail in the long run." What is 666 in the Bible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Isnt that what Noah did for 120 years WARNING people of that GREAT DELUGE ? How long do we have our life to warn people of the Great Tribulation ? We do not have 120 years !!!

Isnt it crazy that the idea we should not warn people of this deadly Tribulation ?

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Did Noah personally continually warn them that there was going to be a big flood coming and therefore they should repent? Or did he just begin building the ark because God commanded him to build it?

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, the end times set of events can't happen at any time. There is a specific sequence. If you are speaking of the rapture specifically - that can happen anytime, and we are told to be hoping and anticipating it. In Matthew 24 Jesus said when we see the events he described concerning his Second Coming, to look up our redemption draws nears - which is his coming to resurrect them who had died in Christ and to translate the living.

As far as oil in the lamps, the purpose of the oil is that the lamps give light as the bridegroom's coming - Jesus's return. We are to be the light of the world. And to know that these are the end times and this generation will not pass without seeing Jesus return and all of the end times events that go with it fulfilled - to not say anything about it to others to be that light is like being saved, and never saying anything to anyone else about it - that they might be saved as well.

In learn a parable of a fig tree, Jesus in Matthew 24, was speaking to the disciples as they had left Jerusalem in Matthew 23. Matthew 23 closed with...

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

That generation of Jews and Jersualem, Jesus condemned for rejecting him.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Destruction of the temple, 70 AD, it happened

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Jesus, speaking of what a future generation of Jews and Jerusalem will say at His Second Coming.
__________________________________________________________________________________

In Mark 11, as Jesus and the disciples were about to enter Jersualem that final passover week, which he condemned - that generation for their rejection of him - Jesus cursed a fig tee beside the road.

13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.

14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

Upon leaving Jerusalem, the disciples were amazed that the tree had withered up and died so quickly.

Jerusalem is the fig tree in learn a parable of a fig tree. 1967, Jersualem became back into the hands of the Jews and that generation will not pass away without saying blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord - Jesus's second coming.

A generation is 70 years, Pslams 90. 1967 plus 70 years gives the maximum. We are in the end times, not more than 13 years until the beginning of the 70th week of Daniel 9.

You need to repent of wanting to put a cover on the light of the body of Christ - them who know the times and seasons, who are following Jesus's instructions to learn a parable of a fig tree, that we may not be in darkness concerning the times and season - and your being an impediment to the cause of Christ. You are obligated by Jesus to learn the parable of the fig tree - and do something with it.

You need to repent. Do a 180, and pursue understanding the end times prophecies - with a passion.

Starting with a prayer to Jesus to ask him to help you understand the end times prophecies.

The rapture (gathering together to meet with Jesus in the air) is Jesus' second coming.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. rsv

1 Corinthians 15:51-53

51 Lo! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable nature must put on the imperishable, and this mortal nature must put on immortality.rsv​

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Understanding the Bible prophesies was impossible until these last days. Daniel 12:9-10 says the Words are sealed until the time of the end....and then only a few wise leaders will understand.

Yes, doom for the ungodly, but great blessings for all those who have believed in God and accepted the atoning sacrifice of Jesus. And the earth will never end; cleansed and renovated, but not obliterated. Psalms 78:69, Ecclesiastes 1:4

John unsealed Daniel's words in the Book of Revelation. These events prophesied in Daniel all happened to the Jews (THIS GENERATION) by the end of 70 A.D

Daniel 10:13-14
The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, so I left him there with the prince of the kingdom of Persia 14 and came to make you understand what is to befall your people in the latter days. For the vision is for days yet to come.” rsv

Daniel 12:1-4
At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time; but at that time your people shall be delivered, every one whose name shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.” rsv

Matthew 24:15
“So when you see the desolating sacrilege spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), rsv

Luke 21:20
“But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. rsv

Revelation 1:1
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, rsv

.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
John unsealed Daniel's words in the Book of Revelation. These events prophesied in Daniel all happened to the Jews (THIS GENERATION) by the end of 70 A.D
In no way did what is Written in Daniel or Revelation all happen by 70AD. Obviously it wasn't the last days then. You must treat most of Bible prophecy as spiritual or meaningless, to believe that.
No, we are now on the edge of great and terrible events. As Christians, we can know about God's plans, He has given us all the information; to ignore it is foolishness.

Reactions: Archmike
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I notice you're Catholic. knowing that makes your answer understandable to me, being Catholics refuse to accept The Revelation and ET prophecies as futuristic. Hence, the reason you are delivering here a Preterist POV.

"The sign of the Son of Man in Heaven" never came in 70 AD ( Matt 24:27-31 ). Because in the context of Christ's words in Matt 24, everything mentioned by Christ is other than 70 AD. Furthermore, Christians weren't even involved with the Jewish Revolt of 66-70. By this time they had skadattled to the Churches in Asia Minor. Only Jews were involved in the Jewish Revolt.

Do you think Christ, when delivering the Fig Tree Parable, did not have knowledge of future Christians 2000 years in the future, and more importantly, Jews re-assembled in Palestine ?

I mean, give Christ some credit here....:scratch:

Most of the Book of Revelation was indeed fulfilled by the end of 70 A.D.

Protestant Christians brought about the Jews' return to Palestine and Jerusalem because of their own personal understanding of prophecies. Did God the Father in heaven allow Jesus while He was on earth to know about the future of the Jews and Jerusalem and the Christians 2000 years into the future? I don't think it matters. Jesus is talking to and about THIS GENERATION OF JEWS.

Matthew 24:1-28 refers to the destruction of the Jewish world as they knew it. Their temple: destroyed. Their city: destroyed. Their people living in Jerusalem: destroyed. All the Jews living outside of Jerusalem literally mourned their passing/destruction in 70 A.D.

Matthew 24:29-31 refers to the destruction of the Jewish world (the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory) by God's vengeance via the Roman armies. It also tells us that after the destruction of the Jewish world, His angels will help His Church to preach Jesus' gospel throughout the whole world (and he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other). Acts 5:19, Acts 8:26, Acts 12:7

The Lesson of the Fig Tree
32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. rsv
The lesson of the fig tree was fulfilled by the end of 70 A.D. THIS GENERATION referred to the people who were sitting there listening to Him and also to all those who were living on earth at that time.

The heaven and earth of the Jews was their religious world and this religious world of theirs was what separated them from other peoples. Their temple was actually built as a representation of the physical heaven and earth. Their heaven and earth (Jewish religious system--temple worship practices) ended with the destruction of its temple and its city. Under the New Covenant, there is no separation of peoples from one another. Galatians 3:28, Colossians 3:11

There is no God-appointed Jewish high priest on earth now nor is there a need for a temple in Jerusalem now because God's own people (Christians) are His temples and Jesus Christ is their High Priest forever.

1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Shun immorality. Every other sin which a man commits is outside the body; but the immoral man sins against his own body. 19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. rsv

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?
17 If any one destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and that temple you are. rsv​

Matthew 24:36-44 tells us about what happens at the end of time/end of the age when Jesus returns to take His Church on earth to be with Him and His saints in heaven forever.

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. 37 As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. 40 Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect. rsv​

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
His 2nd Coming and His Appearing ( at the time of the Rapture ), are two totally different events.

At His Appearing, he comes on clouds with "power and great glory" and never touches the ground. This is The Rapture....

At His 2nd Coming, he comes with His heavenly army of Saints, from Heaven, all dressed in white, on white horses, at the Battle of Armageddon.

Two totally different events, separated by roughly 3.5 years.

Jesus returns once more. That's it. Only once more. It is at the end of time.

Hebrews 9:28
so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. rsv

2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then the lawless one will be revealed, and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by his appearing and his coming. rsv

2 Timothy 4:1
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: rsv

2 Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. rsv​

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In no way did what is Written in Daniel or Revelation all happen by 70AD. Obviously it wasn't the last days then. You must treat most of Bible prophecy as spiritual or meaningless, to believe that.
No, we are now on the edge of great and terrible events. As Christians, we can know about God's plans, He has given us all the information; to ignore it is foolishness.

The Great Tribulation is over! It can never happen again. The OT was about God's relationship with the Israelites/Jews. The unbelieving Jews were punished for rejecting God's Son just as prophesied by Daniel, Jesus, and John.

The NT is for God's people, the Christians. They are the people who do accept God's Son.

Upvote 0

REBEL CRUSADER

Feb 21, 2017
Canada
✟1,971.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Don't worry about your life so much. If God wants you to live, you'll live. If He wants to bring you home, He'll bring you home. The end of the world as we know it can come in a few months from now, but you could get hit by a bus in a few days. I use to get anxious about the last days and the tribulation etc., but then some guy with mental health issues came up to me and stabbed me half a dozen times out of the blue. No one thought I would make it, but I did, and they all said it was a miracle that I pulled through. I know what it's like to be dying a slow painful death. If I have to go through it again, then so be it. At least I've already done a practice run. I know I'll get through anything whether it's survival or death because I got God watching my back and helping me through it all.

• Informative
Reactions: Kevin Ambrose
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟521,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has informed me that the end times, can not be prevented all together, but "can be", "postponed", it's not too late right now anyways, to be avoided and postponed for a later time...

What does all this talk, and those creating all this panic about the end times...? Where is all that "getting us"...? Those spreading "fear" in the name of "righteousness"... That kind of behavior and those listening to ones doing this, will get us nowhere...

People who genuinely care about others, those who truly love, should be focusing on trying their best to postpone end times, instead of wanting to bring it on...

Yes, we should always be prepared and ready for Jesus return at any time, but we don't have to be being prepared for the end times events specifically, this only creates fear, anxiety, and wide spread panic, and a wanting to die, which isn't right and is not good for us... Besides no kind of preparation for end times events, will be adequate and it is out of our hands and control anyhow, and those ones thinking that they can be in some kind of control of it, are delusional...

We should not be trying to preserve our life in end times, and thinking about or planning how to preserve ourselves through it, but be ever-ready to die at any time, but not wanting to die, but ready for it, or Jesus return at any time...

God Bless!
II Corinthians 5:1-10:
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. For we live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

You are not clear to me as to your current attitude or what you feel it should be so I cite these passages. Here's another to consider...

Luke 21:27-28:
At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

One's only anxiety should be about the anticipation of holding one's ground by staying in Christ in all circumstances...no matter how difficult.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I do not deny prophets. I deny that the vast majority of people who claim to be prophets actually ARE prophets.
So called "prophets" sprout up like weeds in an ill kept yard. I have seen hundreds come and go in my lifetime.

In this Church Age Prophets do not have the accountability, of the Old Testament Prophets.
The same as any other self proclaimed gift.
Many have gone to seminary only to find out they are not called to Preach or Teach the Gospel.
In The Old Testament Kings would seek knowlage from the Prophets,a false one might have lost his head.

Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus returns once more. That's it. Only once more. It is at the end of time.

Hebrews 9:28
so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. rsv

2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then the lawless one will be revealed, and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by his appearing AND his coming. rsv

2 Timothy 4:1
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: rsv

2 Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. rsv
Thanks for making my point.....He appears A N D he returns...

Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't worry about your life so much. If God wants you to live, you'll live. If He wants to bring you home, He'll bring you home. The end of the world as we know it can come in a few months from now, but you could get hit by a bus in a few days. I use to get anxious about the last days and the tribulation etc., but then some guy with mental health issues came up to me and stabbed me half a dozen times out of the blue. No one thought I would make it, but I did, and they all said it was a miracle that I pulled through. I know what it's like to be dying a slow painful death. If I have to go through it again, then so be it. At least I've already done a practice run. I know I'll get through anything whether it's survival or death because I got God watching my back and helping me through it all.
Well said, Reb ! Inspirational for sure !

Upvote 0

Archmike

May 5, 2016
Beaufort, SC
✟19,551.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Great Tribulation is over! It can never happen again. The OT was about God's relationship with the Israelites/Jews. The unbelieving Jews were punished for rejecting God's Son just as prophesied by Daniel, Jesus, and John.

The NT is for God's people, the Christians. They are the people who do accept God's Son.

Upvote 0