Those into end times.... Can not be prevented, but postponed right now...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
would you rather sit in the seat of the scribes and the Priests of Jesus' day who saw Him face to face yet did not recognize who stood before them?
The prophets spoke God's message for the sole purpose of warning and instructing the people to whom they were sent so that all could be made ready to receive Him.
But it was the priests and scribes who themselves were NOT ready and were caught flatfooted by Jesus.

By the grace of God we have their example ever before us as a warning to prepare while there is still time.
The folks living in Noah's day also had the example of the ark before their eyes, and yet they were blind to it; choosing instead to go on about their daily business while time ticked away the remaining days of their lives one by one.
I am saying that we should all be getting prepared always, continually, no matter what the "signs of times" are, as we should not "need" them to do this... It just creates aingst and anxiety that will exhaust you and defeat your purposes of getting in and being ready, that Jesus says not to do, and not to worry about tomorrow, ect...

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The folks living in Noah's day also had the example of the ark before their eyes, and yet they were blind to it

Isnt that what Noah did for 120 years WARNING people of that GREAT DELUGE ? How long do we have our life to warn people of the Great Tribulation ? We do not have 120 years !!!

Isnt it crazy that the idea we should not warn people of this deadly Tribulation ?

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I know what some of you are going to say to this: ""If" we "change our mind" about God, (if it is set against him or the idea of him), become repentant in nature and "turn back" to God, then...?"

Your going to say "slim chance" right... Well, not to work to that end, while there's still even a "slim chance"... To not to be working to that end, would be what would be "wrong" and sinful...

And please notice, I said "Repentant in Nature"... Doesn't mean we have to conquer "all" of our sins, just be and have a repentant attitude about it with God all the time... Like when Peter asked "How many times shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him?"

Jesus said, "As long as he comes to you and says he "repents" you shall forgive him (even if this happens repeatedly and he is unable to change it) (and "perhaps" it is not for his lack of trying) If he comes to you and just says he "repents" and has a repentant nature about it, you must forgive him (every time).... (paraphrasing a bit)...

It is the same with God, I would think...

God Bless!
As long as we do not lose this repentant nature toward and with God, the day we lose that, we are truly "lost"... I do believe that if you have a repentant nature about your sins toward God, all the time, that he will, eventually, in due time, "help" you do away with it, even if you keep doing it repeatedly, but always have a repentant nature about it... I do believe in time, you will be able to, or will get divine help in doing away with it, eventually, if you keep and maintain a repentant nature and attitude about it with God...

It may very well be that you might not seem to be able to be doing away with it right now, to test or try you out, to see if you will remain in having faith, that is; keep and maintain a repentant nature and attitude about it regardless of being able to do away with it at the time, it can be a real test of faith to see how long you will keep that up, before God will help you do away with it for good, maybe...?

God Bless!

• Winner
Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Isnt that what Noah did for 120 years WARNING people of that GREAT DELUGE ? How long do we have our life to warn people of the Great Tribulation ? We do not have 120 years !!!

Isnt it crazy that the idea we should not warn people of this deadly Tribulation ?

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH
Do you think Noah, told them, all that was going to happen with their kingdoms and kings and people and all of everything "leading up to" the flood in great detail, or just warned them that a flood was coming soon...?

What Noah was shown was very literal and specific, and could not be changed, delayed, or postponed, Revelation is not very literal or specific, and is open to a great deal of varying interpretations...

And like the flood, I think it is important to warn people that we will have a great tribulation period of time at some point, maybe very soon, maybe not until later on, which is why it's important that we "be ready now" cause it could happen any time...

You Probably didn't see my post in post #10, or perhaps you did...? But, that's what I'd be telling people, especially Christians, about it...

God Bless!

Oh, and I would maybe add to my post, that a day is coming relatively soon, that God will judge the world, for it's lack of a repentant, penitent attitude and nature, and will take those out of it to be with him who are, and the rest will go through more difficult times than the world has ever known in all of history...

And if you want to be saved, you must have a repentant, penitent attitude and nature (toward God), and be doing the work of trying to convince others to have and be this way also, so that, there may be enough of us, for it to come later, rather than sooner... For when there are only a few of us left, it will come...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus also said, "Whatsoever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Mathew 18:18).

Notice it isn't stated the other way around "Whatsoever is loosed in heaven is loosed on the earth" as many people believe. I think the warning of this prophecy is pretty clearly indicated here. What we do here on earth will have a major impact on what happens.

Perhaps we can postpone the Tribulation Period, maybe we can even dial back the worst of it. Bible prophecy is after all written in such a way it virtually defies precise interpretations. Some theologians (eschatologists) claim as much as 80 percent of the earths population will perish in the Great Tribulation, while others maintain it's more like 20 percent, or less. That represents a considerable difference, don't you think ?!

The point is to be aware events are moving inexorably in a direction towards fulfilling these End Time prophecies and to REPENT now !

That way, whether you step off a street corner and are way laid by a city bus, or the end of the entire world comes tomorrow.. You're covered !

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I am a massive sinner, yes. Every time i fall i get up, seek God and try not to sin again. I sin terribly knowing i am weak. But, i love God with my life. I am going through very trying times. I will not give in to the devil. However many times i fall. No.

I know that i am not ready 100% of the time. Why? Because of my sins. But, as soon as i sin i seek forgiveness. In my case, as a Catholic i attend confession asap.

Neogaia777, you say God has spoken to you. How do you know it is God?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ya, I think, as a human race, we could delay the events.

However, I very much doubt that the human race has enough Christian or Bible believing people who understand what that delay would entail, and any ability to do such a thing.

God is just saying that certain events will happen in a certain order. Once the boulder is rolling down the steep hill of time, you and I are not going to stop, slow or derail the events that must take place.

This world is too full of greed, corruption and antichristian attitudes, actions and ideals to every curtail the events that are soon to pass.

Ya, God would delay the events... IF the world was not in a state of apostate turmoil.

But, we are passed the point of no return on that one.

God knew all the events that were going to happen, when they would happen and the same with events that will happen very soon.

So, to Him, the date was set before Adam lost his rib.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And like the flood, I think it is important to warn people that we will have a great tribulation period of time at some point, maybe very soon, maybe not until later on, which is why it's important that we "be ready now" cause it could happen any time...
No, the end times set of events can't happen at any time. There is a specific sequence. If you are speaking of the rapture specifically - that can happen anytime, and we are told to be hoping and anticipating it. In Matthew 24 Jesus said when we see the events he described concerning his Second Coming, to look up our redemption draws nears - which is his coming to resurrect them who had died in Christ and to translate the living.

As far as oil in the lamps, the purpose of the oil is that the lamps give light as the bridegroom's coming - Jesus's return. We are to be the light of the world. And to know that these are the end times and this generation will not pass without seeing Jesus return and all of the end times events that go with it fulfilled - to not say anything about it to others to be that light is like being saved, and never saying anything to anyone else about it - that they might be saved as well.

In learn a parable of a fig tree, Jesus in Matthew 24, was speaking to the disciples as they had left Jerusalem in Matthew 23. Matthew 23 closed with...

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

That generation of Jews and Jersualem, Jesus condemned for rejecting him.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Destruction of the temple, 70 AD, it happened

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Jesus, speaking of what a future generation of Jews and Jerusalem will say at His Second Coming.
__________________________________________________________________________________

In Mark 11, as Jesus and the disciples were about to enter Jersualem that final passover week, which he condemned - that generation for their rejection of him - Jesus cursed a fig tee beside the road.

13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.

14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

Upon leaving Jerusalem, the disciples were amazed that the tree had withered up and died so quickly.

Jerusalem is the fig tree in learn a parable of a fig tree. 1967, Jersualem became back into the hands of the Jews and that generation will not pass away without saying blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord - Jesus's second coming.

A generation is 70 years, Pslams 90. 1967 plus 70 years gives the maximum. We are in the end times, not more than 13 years until the beginning of the 70th week of Daniel 9.

You need to repent of wanting to put a cover on the light of the body of Christ - them who know the times and seasons, who are following Jesus's instructions to learn a parable of a fig tree, that we may not be in darkness concerning the times and season - and your being an impediment to the cause of Christ. You are obligated by Jesus to learn the parable of the fig tree - and do something with it.

You need to repent. Do a 180, and pursue understanding the end times prophecies - with a passion.

Starting with a prayer to Jesus to ask him to help you understand the end times prophecies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
For the wrong basis.

No. They all read different scripture texts and interpreted wrongly just as people do today!

Doom and gloom and the world ending has always been the same.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No. They all read different scripture texts and interpreted wrongly just as people do today!

Out of curiosity, I looked at Ellen G. White as an example. She did write about the parable of the fig tree - which she equated the fig tree with Israel (it should have been Jerusalem, but not getting in to that), citing Mark 11, as well. However - she never made a connection with the Second Coming of Jesus, that generation not passing away which is clear as clear can be in Matthew 24:15-31, from what I am reading of her interpretations. If she had - she would not have made the mistake of thinking Jesus's Second Coming would be in 1844.

The Desire of Ages, by Ellen G. White. Chapter 64: A Doomed People

Maybe a SDA here could comment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Understanding the Bible prophesies was impossible until these last days. Daniel 12:9-10 says the Words are sealed until the time of the end....and then only a few wise leaders will understand.

Yes, doom for the ungodly, but great blessings for all those who have believed in God and accepted the atoning sacrifice of Jesus. And the earth will never end; cleansed and renovated, but not obliterated. Psalms 78:69, Ecclesiastes 1:4

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Understanding the Bible prophesies was impossible until these last days. Daniel 12:9-10 says the Words are sealed until the time of the end....and then only a few wise leaders will understand.
I don't disagree that the understanding has been sealed until the end times. But I don't criticize anyone for trying to understand the end times prophecies in their day, although it was not the time (in hindsight) in their day. Most, if not all of them, would have desired to live in our day, if given a choice. But they followed the words of Jesus and had a love of God just as we do, so I don't criticize them for their desire to understand the end times prophecies.

We are really close to some big time fulfillments of the end times.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
God has informed me that the end times, can not be prevented all together, but "can be", "postponed", it's not too late right now anyways, to be avoided and postponed for a later time...

What does all this talk, and those creating all this panic about the end times...? Where is all that "getting us"...? Those spreading "fear" in the name of "righteousness"... That kind of behavior and those listening to ones doing this, will get us nowhere...

People who genuinely care about others, those who truly love, should be focusing on trying their best to postpone end times, instead of wanting to bring it on...

Yes, we should always be prepared and ready for Jesus return at any time, but we don't have to be being prepared for the end times events specifically, this only creates fear, anxiety, and wide spread panic, and a wanting to die, which isn't right and is not good for us... Besides no kind of preparation for end times events, will be adequate and it is out of our hands and control anyhow, and those ones thinking that they can be in some kind of control of it, are delusional...

We should not be trying to preserve our life in end times, and thinking about or planning how to preserve ourselves through it, but be ever-ready to die at any time, but not wanting to die, but ready for it, or Jesus return at any time...

God Bless!

I doubt God told you those days can be postponed.

Concerning the angels currently bound in the Euphrates, they have been prepared for their release at a specific year, month, day, and hour. This tells us the time of the 6th trumpet is set. In other words, no postponement and no cancellation. The time has been set and is absolute.

Rev 9:15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour, the day, the month, and the year, were released to kill a third of mankind.

Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

prophecy link in my profile!
Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you really think many will be "saved" in the end times, because of, or due to their ability to know and interpret and accurately "discern" end time events, and when they would or will be, due to signs they see or know...?

Really...? I don't think so...

It may be a difference of perspective. Some of your comments give me the impression that people who prepare are doing so as some kind of plan to save themselves through the Great Tribulation, or that preparation equates to less of a need to rely on God.

We humans definitely have a problem with thinking we can do it on our own, or thinking we should be able to do it our own way, that's for sure.

But maybe it will be helpful to recognize that Survival in the Great Tribulation will be about more than just staying alive physically. The purpose of tribulation is to 1) get closer to God ourselves, and 2) to be a witness to the world.

Those people who are preparing now will be a much more effective witness in those times.

There are also different kinds of preparation. There's a section on this forum called "Christian preppers", but it mostly deals with people stockpiling various kinds of food and equipment. I think there is some validity there, but then there is also the temptation to trust in the material provisions rather than God.

It's not the food itself that's the problem, but rather our attitude toward it. What if someone spends years building up a healthy stockpile of food, and then when the trouble starts, God tells them to go somewhere else. It will be very difficult for that person to leave all the food they've saved up in preparation.

But, then perhaps God will lead some of his other people to that provision later and it will still have been a good thing for the original prepper to set aside all that food.

I think the more important preparation is just a willingness to change according to the situation, which requires an inward, spiritual development. Jesus said that even he didn't know the time, but he didn't say it would always be like that. As events unfold around us and new information comes to light, we need to be flexible in how we interpret what to do next as a result of the new information.

One example of this is the Mark of the Beast. The prophecy is pretty clear about what it will be used for, so as we move closer to a cashless society where people buy via microchips in various cards and phones, and then eventually in the hand, we should also be preparing for a time when we won't be able to use money.

And, some forms of preparation will be more specific to some than others. Couples with families will face some very difficult decisions, especially if one spouse disagrees with the other about how to proceed, or the kids become stubborn or require significant change.

Those of us struggling with attachment to material possessions and inclusion in the worldly monetary system will need to mentally and emotionally prepare for a severing from all that comfort.

The purpose of prophecy is to let us know that God does have a plan for this world, and he wants us to be a part of it. That's what the opening line of the Revelation says, "A revelation of Jesus Christ to his servants, to show them what will come to pass..."

God wants us to be ready.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
denying what is set before us (or thinking we can delay it) is precisely what Jesus said would happen. He said we are to be ready, watching, and expectant.
He also said that we are to recognize the times--not deny them.

as for delaying them, who would ever think that they could dictate the time of Jesus' coming any more than they could dictate what will happen in the next moment of our own lives. What purpose would delay serve? none.

Hello my Sister,we can deny what is set before us because we serve a God of mercy.
We know it's not his will that any should perish.

I'm not saying we control God,but our actions bring God's wrath or God's mercy.
Remember Sodom and Gomorrah?

As Abraham pleaded their case God would have withheld judgement if their were more righteous people there than Lot and his family.

Remember this man?
Isaiah: 38. 2. Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, 3. And said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore. 4. Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying, 5. Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.

Deuteronomy: 30. 14. But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. 15. See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; 16. In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it. 17. But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them; 18. I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it. 19. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: 20. That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

No man knows the day that God will render judgment on the earth,but we do know that obedience can bring mercy from God.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
God has informed you? What makes you think that this is anything other than you own personal delusion?

Supposed prophets crawl out from under rocks daily, they are all false.

Why would you deny prophets?

Ephesians: 4. 7. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11. And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12. For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ

Are we to discount Pastors and Teachers as well?

Upvote 0