Those Indian Priests of Divine Retreat Center UK...

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
They sure can teach/ preach!

Two days ago, I started watching a You-tube channel that is run by Vincentian priests from India (they were sent to India to missionize it in 2015) according to a poster of a 2015 thread here.

I'm pretty impressed, they do much more expository type teaching than your average Catholic priest. I had some depression issues a few days back and listened to this sermon. I was originally web surfing for a Coptic priest who is quite good but after knowing his Spiel, decided to not include his last name to see if I could find other decent Catholic and EO preachers named "Anthony" and stumbled on the guy below and learned about the retreat center.

They have at least another priest who is also good. They seem to have a variety of self help / counseling subjects sermons that remind me of my favorite Coptic priest father Anthony Messeh.

I get the feeling they may be somewhat Charismatically inclined from them occasionally exclaiming "Praise the Lord!" like some Protestants do, but if that is true it is not to bad because they seem to be into some of the traditional forms of Catholic piety like Eucharistic adoration, Rosary etc. (The Charismatic movement in Catholicism has been a source of worry for some traditional Catholics, as far as Protestant beliefs and attitudes creeping into Catholicism)

Anyway take a look and you might end up subscribing like me. Right now, I would probably describe them as a medium size You-tube channel. Actually probably the best thing about the channel is, they seem to have escaped You-tube's extreme monetizing policies (You-tube changed it's policies regarding commercials etc. and in their last money making efforts tends to make previously demonetized channels run commercials). I guess this sticks out for me, because in watching other kinds of secular videos, on educational topics, self improvement etc. the amount of commercials is over the top! (like the service is trying to force everybody to have a paid subscription).

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
They sure can teach/ preach!

Two days ago, I started watching a You-tube channel that is run by Vincentian priests from India (they were sent to India to missionize it in 2015) according to a poster of a 2015 thread here.

I'm pretty impressed, they do much more expository type teaching than your average Catholic priest. I had some depression issues a few days back and listened to this sermon. I was originally web surfing for a Coptic priest who is quite good but after knowing his Spiel, decided to not include his last name to see if I could find other decent Catholic and EO preachers named "Anthony" and stumbled on the guy below and learned about the retreat center.

They have at least another priest who is also good. They seem to have a variety of self help / counseling subjects sermons that remind me of my favorite Coptic priest father Anthony Messeh.

I get the feeling they may be somewhat Charismatically inclined from them occasionally exclaiming "Praise the Lord!" like some Protestants do, but if that is true it is not to bad because they seem to be into some of the traditional forms of Catholic piety like Eucharistic adoration, Rosary etc. (The Charismatic movement in Catholicism has been a source of worry for some traditional Catholics, as far as Protestant beliefs and attitudes creeping into Catholicism)

Anyway take a look and you might end up subscribing like me. Right now, I would probably describe them as a medium size You-tube channel. Actually probably the best thing about the channel is, they seem to have escaped You-tube's extreme monetizing policies (You-tube changed it's policies regarding commercials etc. and in their last money making efforts tends to make previously demonetized channels run commercials). I guess this sticks out for me, because in watching other kinds of secular videos, on educational topics, self improvement etc. the amount of commercials is over the top! (like the service is trying to force everybody to have a paid subscription).

Many protestant denominations are concerned about the charismatic movement creeping in. that being said, I will check out the video you posted...thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0