This young mom lost her baby after she was Tased by police for struggling to remove her tongue ring

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You guys just can't make up your minds. If the police shoot unarmed people, you say they should have tased them. Now they tase them and you complain about that too?

why do either in this case? She was having issues removing a stuck piercing while trying to keep her chest covered from the male eyes during the humiliating procedure. Not sure why a weapon was needed at all?

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I wonder how many pregnant women were tased that did not commit crimes and get arrested. I’m going to guess the number is around zero.
you are inferring very strongly that once you commit a crime then it is okay to be tasered?

This women was naked in a jail cell surrounded by cops making an unreasonable request. At no time were the cops in any physical danger whatsoever. So according to your morality it is okay to taser a pregnant women in this specific circumstance?

please be 100% crystal clear in what you are trying to argue and say please...

• Agree
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
why do either in this case? She was having issues removing a stuck piercing while trying to keep her chest covered from the male eyes during the humiliating procedure. Not sure why a weapon was needed at all?
He is Poe-ing you. He's making a point using sarcasm and humor which is his specialty.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Did they know she was pregnant?
I would assume so since prisoner conditions in a prison are well known.

And pregnant women about to be tasered usually have a habit of yelling, "You can't taser me I'm pregnant"

so I'd put the odds at 100:1 that they knew she was pregnant. There is this popular belief in law enforcement that Tasers are harmless weapons that can be used willy-nilly whenever you feel like dispensing some justice and enforcing your personal vindictive brand of law enforcement regardless of the triviality of the actual offense in question.

IN law enforcement, there is a sentiment "You do what I say or else". The sentiment is without remorse, even if the law enforcement official believes he is in a grey area, he doesn't care, their attitude is "well, if I'm wrong the courts can sort it out later, but for right now, doesn't matter and you better do what I say"...

There is a youtube clip of a cop tasering a 78 yr old grandmother because she refuses to sign her traffic ticket. So yeah, LE is very taser happy.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a youtube clip of a cop tasering a 78 yr old grandmother because she refuses to sign her traffic ticket. So yeah, LE is very taser happy.
Yes, I've seen this. If I remember correctly that big, overweight cop tried to say she was threatening because she walked up too close to him. I would have fired him but not before asking him if he was lying or if he really was that much of a coward.

I still don't know that they knew that she was pregnant. Hadn't they just arrested her? And she may not have said anything about being pregnant. The article doesn't say how far she was along in her pregnancy, she was scared and may not have even thought about it.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yep - more coward cops
FWIW I don't think of these cops as cowards...

Moreso as just narcissistic ego maniac bullies.

I was in a unique point in my life where I had a significant amount of power and authority over others... and there is a sort of "high" that can accompany dominating another human being. It feels good to let your id and ego run wild and dominate another person... that is, until your morality and empathy kicks in letting you know that it is "wrong" to do so...

However, if you have a sketchy sense of morality and no empathy, then it is easy to become an ego maniac bully.

Reading "some" of the posts on this forum site there are plenty of so-called Christians lacking in morality and empathy. I'm always surprised when I see a "Christian" arguing against helping the poor, the sick, the elderly, or the misfortunate and doing so from the standpoint that "these people" are less than human...

Upvote 0

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder how many pregnant women were tased that did not commit crimes and get arrested. I’m going to guess the number is around zero.

"I wonder how many pregnant women that got beaten by their husbands till they miscarried mouthed off to their husbands first."

See, victim-blaming makes you look like a total prick. Which might be an accurate depiction, if you're searching for reasons to blame victims of violence.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Martini Smith was 20 years old and pregnant when she was taken to a county jail in Ohio on a misdemeanor charge that was later dismissed. Once in a jail cell, she was ordered to take off all her clothes and jewelry and put on an inmate uniform. At least one male officer was present as her clothes were taken away, and she was topless when the guards told her to take out her tongue piercing.

This young mom lost her baby after she was Tased by police for struggling to remove her tongue ring

This is just awful. Humiliating at first, tragic when she lost the baby.

I read about another case, years ago, when a pg woman--12 weeks along--slipped her cuffs and fled police. She was also tased, but that case seems a little more understandable. She also miscarried days later, which is also tragic, but her tasing at least seems more justified. But this one--incomprehensible.

• Agree
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"I wonder how many pregnant women that got beaten by their husbands till they miscarried mouthed off to their husbands first."

See, victim-blaming makes you look like a total prick. Which might be an accurate depiction, if you're searching for reasons to blame victims of violence.

Victim blaming? I never mentioned the victim.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Sounds like you're ok with the guards killing her baby. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Um, pregnant or not- she shouldn't have been tased in that situation. Tasing someone doesn't make them more nimble at removing jewelry.

Exactly. I mean, honestly, she was already topless and there were plenty of officers in the room.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
The officers should be on trial for manslaughter at least, maybe murder.

He will be acquitted by a jury of peers. This has happened in less nebulous cases - with literal evidence of killing.

From the beginning, I have been saying this is an assault on humans, not just the ones we don't like. And, when the ones we don't like are gone the vacuum is filled with others.

It is about dehumanization. For example, why were males present around a pregnant woman disrobed in the first place? I bet you no one will care in 6 months as the frequency of these events increase in the States.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Further dehumanization. This is history repeating itself younger than a century. History admonishes the "corrupt" nations that allowed their countries to get to such a dehumanized point of no rights.

It is amazing to me.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We can expect more of this as long as half of the population is going to take the stance that "any criticism of the police is unpatriotic". There was already a glaring accountability issue...the fact that a political faction has taken the stance of 'defend police no matter what', for the purpose of sticking it to their political rivals, is just going to exacerbate that problem.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0